No-step painted rear bumper for 2015 Silverado 1500

Hello,

Is there a rear non-corner-step, painted rear bumper w/o sensors available that will fit a 2015 Silverado 1500 4x4 LT. I am changing the front bumper facia from chrome to body matched paint.  I would like to change the rear bumper to match and not have the corner steps which I don’t use. I think the lack of corner steps is a cleaner look. If someone has the GM part number for this I’d really appreciate it. It’s just my opinion, and I enjoy putzing around making my truck the way I want it. Thanks 

50 minutes ago, Charley@208 said:

Hello,

Is there a rear non-corner-step, painted rear bumper w/o sensors available that will fit a 2015 Silverado 1500 4x4 LT. I am changing the front bumper facia from chrome to body matched paint.  I would like to change the rear bumper to match and not have the corner steps which I don’t use. I think the lack of corner steps is a cleaner look. If someone has the GM part number for this I’d really appreciate it. It’s just my opinion, and I enjoy putzing around making my truck the way I want it. Thanks 

I think the first run of 14 Sierra's came without steps, should fit no problem, not sure about the sensors.

https://www.gmpartsnow.com/oem-parts/gm-rear-bumper-23108143

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-rear-bumper-23108143

They all seem to have sensors and not sure if it’s chrome or ready for paint but you can call them. Seems like you could fill the holes and go from there...I don’t know about stripping the chrome off if they are chrome.

These guys would probably know if they are availability:

https://bumpersuperstore.com/c-960394-chevy-silverado-1500-chevy-silverado-1500-2014-2015.html?setcookie=true

Edited by SS502

I would consider aftermarket bumpers as well. There are lots of different styles, some are really cool. Many have extra features, integrated recovery hooks, various back up light configurations, beefy hitch mounts, flat steps- in the center below the license plate, led tag lights, discreet running/tail lights, integrated trailer harness plugs. I’ve seen a spring loaded cover over a 110v plug. All kinds of things. They’re mostly all heavier and less prone to damage than OEM bumpers. Many of them are not any more expensive than what you will have in “real” OEM parts.

This is could be a chance for you to make your truck stand out, either a bit or a lot. Make use of this opportunity.

Edited by Darksky
Typing errors- damned autocorrect

Thanks for all your inputs. I’m one of those guys that was supposed to be able to afford the “high country” p/u, ( as some posters in th past have written  ) but could only buy an LT.   Family , house, colleges, dogs, & life in general takes precedence.   I also enjoy working on my truck.   I’ve made many upgrades with the help of some fine contributors to this website ( especially P Gamboa).   Center console, auto-dimming mirror, heated steering wheel, paint matched front bumper, & interior trim are some of the upgrades I’ve done. I guess I’m writing this diatribe because it bothers me when contributors get down on someone who upgrades with OEM- parts and gets scolded for not just buying the “top of the line” as they were fortunate enough to do. (I couldn’t care less about their station in life, don’t condemn mine).  Working on my truck is a relaxing hobby for me. All that said:

I’m sticking with GNC/Chevy parts, so I’m trying to find specific part numbers which fit the 2015 body. Thanks again to the contributors taking your time in providing helpful info. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Charley@208 said:

Thanks for all your inputs. I’m one of those guys that was supposed to be able to afford the “high country” p/u, ( as some posters in th past have written  ) but could only buy an LT.   Family , house, colleges, dogs, & life in general takes precedence.   I also enjoy working on my truck.   I’ve made many upgrades with the help of some fine contributors to this website ( especially P Gamboa).   Center console, auto-dimming mirror, heated steering wheel, paint matched front bumper, & interior trim are some of the upgrades I’ve done. I guess I’m writing this diatribe because it bothers me when contributors get down on someone who upgrades with OEM- parts and gets scolded for not just buying the “top of the line” as they were fortunate enough to do. (I couldn’t care less about their station in life, don’t condemn mine).  Working on my truck is a relaxing hobby for me. All that said:

I’m sticking with GNC/Chevy parts, so I’m trying to find specific part numbers which fit the 2015 body. Thanks again to the contributors taking your time in providing helpful info. 

Man...live within your means and do as you please!! My 1970 Chevelle started life as a ugly green with gold interior Malibu...it's now a "tribute SS" sporting many parts that far exceed the "Real Deal" SS and I had fun doing it :thumbs:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Charley@208 said:

Could not agree with you more, only way someone can personalize or make their truck "custom" is to do what they want, regardless of what others think or say! Stay the path that you are on, post some pictures with updates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1