No regrets on 2019 Special Order ??

12 hours ago, Snuff said:

Thanks - I am somewhat shocked more people have not confirmed my idea of a nice silverado versus F-150 or Ram.

I also plan on the convenience II Package.I think you get Bose with convenince II Package.

I want the 3.42 with Max Tow and will add bed liner. If I don’t love the ride I plan to change shocks with Bilsteins. I agree the Z71 is a good value but I spend more time on the highway and spend most of my off-road time in my Polaris Ranger.

Thanks for the feedback!

You do not get Bose on the LT with Convenience Package 2.  Only RST and up

Hey Snuff, welcome to the webpage. You don't have to expect us all here to congratulate us on your order. You are just showing common sense going with another Chevy, over a Furd or a Rammer.

I bet you have a couple of new Chevys left in you yet. Now that you are retired and having fun you will be surprised how your outlook on life will change to the ultra positive. That is why we are glad you ordered a Chevy. We don't want you screwing around with that positive outlook. lol

Keep us up to date on your order. 

Thanks  - I keep learning from you guys. For example, did not realize the LT did not have fog lights until I read the post above.

Not looking for congrats - more like confirmation and input.

I agree with the comments about the GM 6.2 and forced trim package.I know the 6.2 is strong and the mpg is good. I just want cloth because of Texas heat and based on my experience cloth will look better in 8-10 years. Don’t need ZTZ or above. Based on input from the forum members I am leaning towards the RST now so I can get fog lights and Bose. I am going to sit in the cloth buckets and bench before I make that decision. I have NOT ordered yet. 

• Like 1

That is what I had read. I have been driving my 2011 Z71 with bench just fine. Not sure the buckets are worth the $$$. I am very used to the open floor board. Thanks!

7 hours ago, Donstar said:

Congratulations on your retirement and future truck!  You will receive lots of help here on how to spend your money!    I bought my last two new trucks off the lot.  I felt that I was able to buy more truck for less money than if I was to make a factory order. I will add that both times I went looking at "LT's" and drove home "SLE's". 

I will ask the dealer to search for crew cab standard bed 4x4 but they are hard to find.

Not having buckets/console pushed me from LT to RST. But wanting more trailering camera options and cooled seats (in Florida and using them all year), pushed me up to the LTZ. I hope this truck lasts or I keep it until I retire. 15-18 years!

Edited by UGADawgs

On 4/3/2019 at 9:11 AM, Donstar said:

Yes, I did the same in 1986 when looking for a Suburban and came home with the GMC version.  (I still called it my Suburban).  There is enough similarity between the Sierra's and Silverado's  that it will take very little for me to flip between the two.  I remember in 2015 the stitch treatment on the dash of the SLE was what tipped the scale in GMC's favour 

In 1986 I'm pretty sure the GMC version was also named Suburban. :D  "Yukon" came about in the 90s, and Suburban got "Yukon XL" in the early 2000s.

9 minutes ago, Daverado said:

In 1986 I'm pretty sure the GMC version was also named Suburban. :D  "Yukon" came about in the 90s, and Suburban got "Yukon XL" in the early 2000s.

Yes, I see Wikipedia is also contradicting my memory.  There was a distinction between the Chevy and GMC versions made to me at the time of sale and there were no Suburban badges on the GMC.  I guess it may be like calling  facial tissues Kleenex and protective plastic strips Band-aids.  I know my son's family hauler is a Yukon XL and he (and I) refer to it as his Suburban!