2.7 Turbo 4 Fan Club

15 hours ago, greco2003 said:

New here currently driving a 2017 Colorado 2.5L I4 going to test drive the new Silverado with the 2.7L turbo Saturday. I’ve driven the 5.3L v8 already really liked it looking at a 2.7L RST all star edition double cab. From what I’ve seen on the reviews people seem to like this engine. Does it feel week at all during take offs or anything thanks.

I went from a Trifecta tuned 2.5L 6 speed manual 2015 Colorado to my 2.7L RST. They are night and day different.

It has the torque curve of a diesel and pulls like one from down low riding on turbo boost. It doesn't need to be wound out like the 2.5 to make its power, and in fact it doesn't exactly want to rev.

1 hour ago, MDSilveradoGuy said:

I went from a Trifecta tuned 2.5L 6 speed manual 2015 Colorado to my 2.7L RST. They are night and day different.

It has the torque curve of a diesel and pulls like one from down low riding on turbo boost. It doesn't need to be wound out like the 2.5 to make its power, and in fact it doesn't exactly want to rev.

Mine is an auto and I do agree it seems power happy in the higher rpm range. No tune on mine as of right now. But I’m going 930am tomorrow to look at the RST all star 2.7L turbo Silverado if I like it and we can make a deal I will drive it home. But for some reason the local Chevy dealerships want to pay cheap for the Colorado but the competing brand dealerships wanna pay around KBB value for it so depends on what they will give me for the Colorado I want at least $3,000-$4000 of equity out of it and according to kbb it should be easy to get but hasn’t been with Chevy so will see if I get it I will defiantly let you guys know

2 hours ago, greco2003 said:

Mine is an auto and I do agree it seems power happy in the higher rpm range. No tune on mine as of right now. But I’m going 930am tomorrow to look at the RST all star 2.7L turbo Silverado if I like it and we can make a deal I will drive it home. But for some reason the local Chevy dealerships want to pay cheap for the Colorado but the competing brand dealerships wanna pay around KBB value for it so depends on what they will give me for the Colorado I want at least $3,000-$4000 of equity out of it and according to kbb it should be easy to get but hasn’t been with Chevy so will see if I get it I will defiantly let you guys know

I will keep my fingers crossed for you! I got pretty close to KBB for mine, which I was surprised at - particularly since it was an absurdly rare manual trans equipped truck. I figured they would nail me on it but they didn't. They complained more about my 20% tint than they did the clutch pedal.

Mine was a 2015 2WD WT Extended Cab with every option except the appearance package and 75K miles and I got $11,500 for it, IIRC. CSX owned it before me, and there was some rail dust in the paint, a couple of dents in the tailgate and a healthy ding in the driver's rear door.

Out of curiosity do folks think you can get a better deal on a 2.7 powered truck vs the 5.3, there is almost 2/1 ratio of 5.3 trucks vs the 2.7 so I am thinking they may be more inclined to try to move all of the 5.3 versions.

Edited by Jricharc

9 minutes ago, Jricharc said:

Out of curiosity do folks think you can get a better deal on a 2.7 powered truck vs the 5.3, there is almost 2/1 ratio of 5.3 trucks vs the 2.7 so I am thinking they may be more inclined to try to move all of the 5.3 versions.

here in the Houston area, there are much larger discounts on the 2.7L vs the 5.3L. i suspect demand is higher on the 5.3s since the 2.7 is a new and untried engine, not to mention the majority of the truck crowd that can't fathom driving a 4 cyl. full size truck *rolls eyes* . works in my favor since i was in the market for a fuel efficient pickup and the mid-sizers all lacked a front 60/40/60 bench. i bought my new '19 2.7L 4x4 CC LT for $34,1XX down from $48,4xx. plenty of mula left over for accessories. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CruisingL3B said:

here in the Houston area, there are much larger discounts on the 2.7L vs the 5.3L. i suspect demand is higher on the 5.3s since the 2.7 is a new and untried engine, not to mention the majority of the truck crowd that can't fathom driving a 4 cyl. full size truck *rolls eyes* . works in my favor since i was in the market for a fuel efficient pickup and the mid-sizers all lacked a front 60/40/60 bench. i bought my new '19 2.7L 4x4 CC LT for $34,1XX down from $48,4xx. plenty of mula left over for accessories. 

That’s how it is here up in the dfw area the 2.7L have a good discount on them 

52 minutes ago, MDSilveradoGuy said:

I will keep my fingers crossed for you! I got pretty close to KBB for mine, which I was surprised at - particularly since it was an absurdly rare manual trans equipped truck. I figured they would nail me on it but they didn't. They complained more about my 20% tint than they did the clutch pedal.

Mine was a 2015 2WD WT Extended Cab with every option except the appearance package and 75K miles and I got $11,500 for it, IIRC. CSX owned it before me, and there was some rail dust in the paint, a couple of dents in the tailgate and a healthy ding in the driver's rear door.

I’m hoping to get KBB out of it if I do I will be in the 2.7L Silverado already have the price worked out on the RST all star trim just gotta go drive it and let them evaluate my trade. Thanks hopefully it will work out if.l not I will stay in my Colorado it’s a 2017 with 13900 miles on it lol not like I need a new truck just really like the new Silverados and the tech in them.

15 minutes ago, greco2003 said:

That’s how it is here up in the dfw area the 2.7L have a good discount on them 

Odd, my local dealership has 3 2.7 models and 188 5.3 models.

Edited by Jricharc

Interesting I got my 5.3 cheaper than the 2.7. What I did i sent an email for all the dealership within 200miles and told them what is the minimum requirements and that I am not willing to pay more for extra features I did not need half the features on my truck but I got cheaper than the one without. Like 5.3 and Z71 

11 minutes ago, greco2003 said:

Well looks like I’m on this forum to stay but I didn’t get the 2.7L turbo they sold it yesterday. I ended up with a 5.3L V8 Silverado double cab LT Texas edition.

thanks everyone for the input 

You're better off than getting a Subaru on steroids.

On 4/4/2019 at 11:21 PM, 3tspapat said:

Tune that thing to spool up earlier and run more boost and it will be so fun to drive!

It's already at 375 kPa (54 psi). Indy car territory. I'm thinking it's tapping out as is. 

If you look at the boost curve it's on the limiter from the hit. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear