2.7 Turbo 4 Fan Club

I’ve mentioned I’m comfortable going 72-74 in a 70. Don’t pay any mind to slower drivers as long as they keep to the right. But as far as hoping in line with every one at extreme speeds. I’m not comfortable with that. I have seen the police pull over several cars at once. I’ve read somewhere 20 over posted speeds loses license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this engine require premium gas, or is it recommended? Or does it run fine on 87 octane like the 5.3?

Thinking about trading the wife's 16 Yukon in on a new RST with the 2.7, as most of her driving is around town and the 2.7 should be a noticeable improvement in MPG's.

If it requires 91+ octane, we'll likely stick with the 5.3.

On 4/20/2019 at 10:47 PM, Imcrazy said:

I would not buy a full size truck that did not have a V8..  I don't care how many HP's they can squeeze out of it on a DYNO, there is no replacement for displacement... If I am driving a full size truck and worried about getting 22 vs 24 mpg HWY I can't afford the truck to begin with... I think that the 2.7 Turbo is all about meeting CAFE standards... The 4.3 V6 may make less ponies than the 2.7 but, at least it's only missing 2 cylinders... 

I just bought a 2.0T Equinox for my wife and yeah it's quick but, it's no V6 when it comes to smoothness... I just don't like the small 4cyl turbos I like bigger motors with less technology... Sure we're squeezing a mpg or two here and there but, look at what these vehicles cost because of our odd obsession with fuel mileage..

I have a 2016 escape 2.0 turbo and that thing rips and tows 3000 lbs no problem. Mine is nice and smooth. We will see how it lasts but so far this is favorite all around car i have owned. Power handling and good gas mileage plus i can tow a trailer for my firewood and quad. I still think Gm should have made a 4.8 turbo for the trucks with no AFM or Dfm.

I think it's pretty cool but then liked the Ecoboost Fords too.  That said it would be a lot cooler if GM didn't incorporate AFM into it.  But I could get over the AFM on this this as it's not a pushrod design.... but that sliding intake cam.... yeah no.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 2:37 PM, MDSilveradoGuy said:

People who don’t go with the flow of traffic create a larger hazard. I see it every day.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 2:56 PM, Texas Daddy said:

+1. You dont control anyone else by driving 20mph under the flow of traffic - you make wrecks.

Nonsense.

According to you guys, Germans must get killed left, right and center on the Autobahn.

Imagine no speed limit for cars, but semi trucks are limited to 80 km/h.

The real problem is that you North Americans don't understand the concept of travel lane and passing lane.

so long

j-ten-ner

• Like 5

11 hours ago, j-ten-ner said:

Nonsense.

According to you guys, Germans must get killed left, right and center on the Autobahn.

The real problem is that you North Americans don't understand the concept of travel lane and passing lane.

so long

j-ten-ner

Can I get an AMEN? Not only do they not understand the concept, they abhor it. Me..ME.. MEEEEEEEE. 

Nonsense.

so long
j-ten-ner

There’s hope. There’s posting and enforcement on the interstates now.

Can I get an AMEN? Not only do they not understand the concept, they abhor it. Me..ME.. MEEEEEEEE. 

You’re not joking. Out where I live the bicycle riders descend on weekends. There’s two parallel roads where I live. One has a shoulder, one twisty no shoulder. They run in packs usually and pick the no shoulder one of course. I forgot one weekend and pick the wrong one. The laws favor the riders of course and passing is impossible. At an intersection I came upon a group on my best behavior I asked a few questions of them. I ask why they would pick such a dangerous road and so on. They were condescending and reciting the three ft law and so on. Knowing there’s a new safer rd a block over. I ask them a question. If you were driving behind a group of 10 mph bicycle riders and late would you pass? If unfortunately you came upon car coming at you who would you take out? Being right and dead is still dead.

I admit that it was a little harsh to generalize. There are good drivers out there.

The laws are in place. Here in BC you have to stay in the right lane when the speed limit is 80 km/h or more, unless you're passing another car. Ignorance and the lack of enforcement is the problem.

Like I said in a similar thread regarding the 2.7 liter, it will find it's place. Many people care less about bragging rights and dick enhancements. They need a versatile vehicle. Nothing better than a truck. Family hauler, grocery getter, couch picker upper, trailer full of mulch tow-er and so on.

The 2.7 will do it all just fine.   

so long

j-ten-ner

I admit that it was a little harsh to generalize. There are good drivers out there.
The laws are in place. Here in BC you have to stay in the right lane when the speed limit is 80 km/h or more, unless you're passing another car. Ignorance and the lack of enforcement is the problem.

Like I said in a similar thread regarding the 2.7 liter, it will find it's place. Many people care less about bragging rights and dick enhancements. They need a versatile vehicle. Nothing better than a truck. Family hauler, grocery getter, couch picker upper, trailer full of mulch tow-er and so on.
The 2.7 will do it all just fine.   

so long
j-ten-ner

I’ve had bad ass vehicles all my life. Retired on trips I drive my Camry. Surprisingly I like it. I’m going past my usual trade in period with no desire to trade it in.