2019 TRAIL BOSS PROBLEMS

just got the truck back from dealer  they said they could not duplicate errors and no codes found ...they need it to happen when its at dealer .problem is its so intermittent . called  GM waiting to hear back from them....this really sucks
What is the build date of your truck? Us or Mexico?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

7 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

I don't know I'll have to look and get back to you I got it end of Fed...why?????

I don't know I'll have to look and get back to you I got it end of Fed...why?????
Well for example my truck was an early build us truck and has a bad rear window leak which is a known issue with US trucks built before October. If you let everyone know if yours is a 1 Vin or 3 Vin and build date, it might help narrow down the problem if others start experiencing the same thing.

10 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Well for example my truck was an early build us truck and has a bad rear window leak which is a known issue with US trucks built before October. If you let everyone know if yours is a 1 Vin or 3 Vin and build date, it might help narrow down the problem if others start experiencing the same thing.

1 vin -built-in USA

On ‎2019‎-‎04‎-‎08 at 8:39 AM, Jricharc said:

Jeez, I am reconsidering picking up one of these new models if they are going to be having these issues right off the bat.  Not what should be happening when you spend $40k+ on a vehicle, plain and simple.

Never. I repeat, never. Buy a first MY. truck. 

Take that from a Canadian 2014 owner with no lemon law protection. 

All I can say is OUCH - I do know what you are talking about with ghost issues that come and go. I found that it takes a very vigilant service manager to keep on GM to fix the problem. My wife's car (a Chevy Cruze) suddenly died and displayed three unrelated service systems in the DIC. The service manager and the tech both said it was probably one of the computers - but they also had to go through the gm troubleshooting tree before they could replace it. The tree included a couple of reprogramming the computers, replacing the battery cable and inspecting ground points, some sort of relay and finally the computer module - three weeks later. We did have a free rental car during this time and we received status updates from the dealer every other day. We know that they drove it around quite a bit after every repair attempt. The irony of all of this is that it probably cost GM more overall to go through all the steps rather than just replace the computer in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1