2019 TRAIL BOSS PROBLEMS

just want to know if any one else is having problems with there 2019 silverado trail boss...at 50 miles i had all kinds of engine lights on and rough idle, bring it to the dealer the said spark plug wire was not inserted all the way. ok get the truck back and at 106 miles same thing and also hear noises from the rear of truck so back to the dealer I i go . i tell them to keep the truck and drive it for a week  to make sure there are no more issues .so week goes by they give me the truck back said they didn't find anything wrong with it . so i say ok take the truck back all was good till this morning at 640 miles service  esc and parking brake light came on truck ran rough . so i turn it off wait 5 min start it up and all is fine..i guess ill be bring it back to dealer but  don't think they will find anything so frustrated only have it a month and its going back to the dealer for a 3rd time....also parking brake engages it self every now and then...     

0407190909a.jpg

0407190909.jpg

0311191847.jpg

Edited by BLUE TRAIL BOSS

1 hour ago, BLUE TRAIL BOSS said:

Why would it make a difference taking it to an other dealer this is an issue that gm has to fix. Just think they don't have a fix for it yet.

Sorry to hear of the issues with your new TB.  -  Some dealers are more competent than others. Experienced this first hand with my Colorado I traded in. The dealer closest to home found nothing, and the one a bit further away fixed it right off the bat.

Jeez, I am reconsidering picking up one of these new models if they are going to be having these issues right off the bat.  Not what should be happening when you spend $40k+ on a vehicle, plain and simple.

• Like 3

Jeez, I am reconsidering picking up one of these new models if they are going to be having these issues right off the bat.  Not what should be happening when you spend $40k+ on a vehicle, plain and simple.
My 16 was in the shop over 30 times, and that was after three years of the manufacturer working out bugs. It's a roll of the dice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Sad 2

Wow, that's a bummer.  Try a different dealer and/or stay on them.  If they can't fix it, get GM to take it back for another truck.  They seem to have a lot of problems, especially on the first year of a new model--for example, the 2014 1500s had a sh1t ton of recalls and TSBs.  

• Thanks 1

That sucks, the only issues I’ve had with mine were the hard shift, that went away and the fish eye backup camera. 

I had a 14’ that had so many issues I ended up trading it in 15 months, for another 14’. The second one was flawless. 

Why would it make a difference taking it to an other dealer this is an issue that gm has to fix. Just think they don't have a fix for it yet.
Some dealers can not give a crap about getting something fixed. If it's not something they know about they won't waste their time actually diagnosing an issue and trying to find a solution. There's a reason not every dealer is rated 5 stars on Google, some are better than others.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

• Like 2