2019 TRAIL BOSS PROBLEMS

2 hours ago, 2017HD said:

All I can say is OUCH - I do know what you are talking about with ghost issues that come and go. I found that it takes a very vigilant service manager to keep on GM to fix the problem. My wife's car (a Chevy Cruze) suddenly died and displayed three unrelated service systems in the DIC. The service manager and the tech both said it was probably one of the computers - but they also had to go through the gm troubleshooting tree before they could replace it. The tree included a couple of reprogramming the computers, replacing the battery cable and inspecting ground points, some sort of relay and finally the computer module - three weeks later. We did have a free rental car during this time and we received status updates from the dealer every other day. We know that they drove it around quite a bit after every repair attempt. The irony of all of this is that it probably cost GM more overall to go through all the steps rather than just replace the computer in the first place.

I wouldn't mind if the said oh this was bad and we changed it.but for it to be intermittent and they can't find anything just leaves me with an uneasy feeling and I don't trust the truck..that's what really suck

i noticed the fish camera thing at first too. haven't seen it happen in a while though. maybe an update addressed it. didn't happen enough that i was ever concerned. i noticed the parking brake engage sometimes as well but it seems like its sensing the truck on an angle. i never noticed it happen on flat ground. biggest issue i'm having now is a whistling noise from my passenger side that my wife indicated was coming from mirror today. ill take a look this week and see if i hear the same thing. i'm ok with a moderate amount of small glitches on a redesigned truck, so long as they don't hinder my daily driving and they fix it faster then they started. anything else is unacceptable for any dollar amount. people work hard and what we pay for any vehicle is relative. good luck with what your dealing with. squeaky wheel gets the grease. 

31 minutes ago, mfbearded said:

i noticed the fish camera thing at first too. haven't seen it happen in a while though. maybe an update addressed it. didn't happen enough that i was ever concerned. i noticed the parking brake engage sometimes as well but it seems like its sensing the truck on an angle. i never noticed it happen on flat ground. biggest issue i'm having now is a whistling noise from my passenger side that my wife indicated was coming from mirror today. ill take a look this week and see if i hear the same thing. i'm ok with a moderate amount of small glitches on a redesigned truck, so long as they don't hinder my daily driving and they fix it faster then they started. anything else is unacceptable for any dollar amount. people work hard and what we pay for any vehicle is relative. good luck with what your dealing with. squeaky wheel gets the grease. 

Yeah I can except I few problems as long as they are fixed I have had a 2010,2013,2016 and now 2019 Silverado...all had things that had to be fix ...2016 had whole new exhaust ,gps module and fuel line fixed in the first 6 weeks...but to deal with an intermittent problem is a whole other ball game....still waiting to here from GM on how they want to handle this......

On 4/11/2019 at 9:23 AM, L86 All Terrain said:

Never. I repeat, never. Buy a first MY. truck. 

Take that from a Canadian 2014 owner with no lemon law protection. 

2014.Here.Never.An.Issue.Or.A.Problem. Most 2014 haven't had an issue, just some with teething problems. I wouldn't hesitate to again buy a first model year. 

Tyler

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 8:39 AM, Jricharc said:

Jeez, I am reconsidering picking up one of these new models if they are going to be having these issues right off the bat.  Not what should be happening when you spend $40k+ on a vehicle, plain and simple.

First year of production of a totally new truck riding on a totally new platform. Issues like this come with the territory. It's the same thing affecting Ram right now with the 2019 1500's. New truck platform, first major design change in roughly a decade. Lots and lots of issues. Ford changed all the engines in 2018 plus replaced the 6-speed with a 10-speed. Lot of engine problems, lots of transmission problems.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The field got one Trailboss and in its first 200 miles on the odometer it hit a muddy day and went all kinds of stupid.  Pretty well every light and warning message came on.  They washed it and kept running it but I know its booked in for whatever..I will see next shift what gm does to it.

On 4/16/2019 at 6:39 PM, HondaHawkGT said:

First year of production of a totally new truck riding on a totally new platform. Issues like this come with the territory. It's the same thing affecting Ram right now with the 2019 1500's. New truck platform, first major design change in roughly a decade. Lots and lots of issues. Ford changed all the engines in 2018 plus replaced the 6-speed with a 10-speed. Lot of engine problems, lots of transmission problems.

I had a 2007 LT2 CC, and never had one. single. issue with it. 

The T1s are the most lab tested, researched and field tested trucks GM has ever made. 

Thus, I don't think it's at all very fair to say "Never buy the first model year of a new platform truck" 

All new models have small kinks, and I personally feel most of the bellyaching on this forum about T1 issues are just that - small kinks. Yes, there have been some more major issues with oil lines, brakes, etc., but those appear to be safely in the minority. 

On 4/7/2019 at 7:42 PM, BLUE TRAIL BOSS said:

just want to know if any one else is having problems with there 2019 silverado trail boss...at 50 miles i had all kinds of engine lights on and rough idle, bring it to the dealer the said spark plug wire was not inserted all the way. ok get the truck back and at 106 miles same thing and also hear noises from the rear of truck so back to the dealer I i go . i tell them to keep the truck and drive it for a week  to make sure there are no more issues .so week goes by they give me the truck back said they didn't find anything wrong with it . so i say ok take the truck back all was good till this morning at 640 miles service  esc and parking brake light came on truck ran rough . so i turn it off wait 5 min start it up and all is fine..i guess ill be bring it back to dealer but  don't think they will find anything so frustrated only have it a month and its going back to the dealer for a 3rd time....also parking brake engages it self every now and then...     

0407190909a.jpg

0407190909.jpg

0311191847.jpg

I just dropped my trail boss off yesterday with 600 miles on it. I started it up after visiting a friend and noticed the miss fire. Then service ESC came on and service parking brake. Dealer and mechanics are clueless. They said they were changing the plug and I disagreed with that solving a problem and told them to test drive. Well I took a loaner home. 

25 minutes ago, Jstone said:

What was the out come of the misfire and esc and parking brake. I have the same issue. I have the truck two weeks and it had 633 miles on it. Dealers are clueless 

Last time it happen was at 624...now at 1500 has not happened again.. dealer could not find anything wrong...still waiting on fix for backup camera glitches

I just got off phone with dealer they don’t know anything. Now they are trying to tell me it might be a valve spring or lifter lmao. I heard no noise and they are telling me they hear something. He said they might have a better answer by Monday. I feel it’s going to be a guessing game on their end. When or if they find the problem I’ll let you know either way 

6 hours ago, Jstone said:

I just got off phone with dealer they don’t know anything. Now they are trying to tell me it might be a valve spring or lifter lmao. I heard no noise and they are telling me they hear something. He said they might have a better answer by Monday. I feel it’s going to be a guessing game on their end. When or if they find the problem I’ll let you know either way 

ALL I KNOW IS IF I SHUT THE TRUCK OFF AND LET IT SIT FOR 5 MINUTES THEN START IT UP PROBLEM WAS GONE...DID THAT HAPPEN TO YOUR TRUCK TO...

4 hours ago, Jstone said:

I tried that when it happened and it didn’t work. I’m sure it’s still doing it because they say they hear a noise now coming from the engine. 

Yeah I had the missfire but never heard any tapping or lifter noise.