Hello All, 

I am having a boost gauge installed on my truck when it goes back to Vengeance Racing next month to have Kooks headers, green cats and smaller pulley put on the Whipple. Any suggestions on where to mount it besides the typical A pillar pod that I can only find in ready to paint black? Was thinking about doing the 52 MM /2  1/16"  size. 

Thanks! 

Hello All, 
I am having a boost gauge installed on my truck when it goes back to Vengeance Racing next month to have Kooks headers, green cats and smaller pulley put on the Whipple. Any suggestions on where to mount it besides the typical A pillar pod that I can only find in ready to paint black? Was thinking about doing the 52 MM /2  1/16"  size. 

Thanks! 

Steering column. Ive found that sometimes they don’t list our trucks as being compatible with the products when they are. This is one case where auto meter doesn’t list it as being compatible but Jegs does. Everything that I’ve found regarding gauge pods that is made for the 2500 can also be used in the 1500. https://www.jegs.com/i/Auto-Meter/105/15009/10002/-1?ymm=4294829560+4294829741+4294829282

I’m preparing to mount gauges also and have been doing a bit of reading. You can prime and paint the black pillar pod mount. If your interior is grey, the recommended paint is “SEM Color Coat Medium Grey.” I will be using the “SEM Sand Free Adhesion Promoter“ to prep the ABS plastic for paint on a triple pod pillar mount.

13 minutes ago, 300 Blackout said:

Steering column. Ive found that sometimes they don’t list our trucks as being compatible with the products when they are. This is one case where auto meter doesn’t list it as being compatible but Jegs does. Everything that I’ve found regarding gauge pods that is made for the 2500 can also be used in the 1500. https://www.jegs.com/i/Auto-Meter/105/15009/10002/-1?ymm=4294829560+4294829741+4294829282

I’m preparing to mount gauges also and have been doing a bit of reading. You can prime and paint the black pillar pod mount. If your interior is grey, the recommended paint is “SEM Color Coat Medium Grey.” I will be using the “SEM Sand Free Adhesion Promoter“ to prep the ABS plastic for paint on a triple pod pillar mount.

That's what I'm looking for. It doesn't look like it has the slot for the flasher switch. Do you have this one? 

Just out of curiosity what does the gauge do for you?  I know it shows boost, but why would you need to see that?  Not trying to be sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious and I don't know.

Just that really. Nothing more than seeing boost and when driving. Curious about how much and when rpm wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Innovate gauges they are 3 or 4 in one gauges so the boost is a controller/wideband/warnning and data. The temp is exhaust temp, warning and data. And the oil is pressure/temp/warning and data. 

Boost is a little bit of a waste on supercharger. 

Wide band is the most important, then oil pressure. 

There is/was someone making custom pods over the headlight switch panel. Also want to say I have seen on the door by the the a pillar. 

I like having a boost gauge on my S/C. When I change pulleys Its good to see how much. My pod gauges and boost controller has warning lights that come in handy, in case of denotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I'm looking for. It doesn't look like it has the slot for the flasher switch. Do you have this one? 

I don’t have it. If you look at the right side of the gauge pod there’s a cutout where you have access to the hazard button. I’m looking for a dual version of this or to retrofit two gauges on the upper right and left corners of my instrument panel.

I’m going with gauges from Speed Hut because I can build custom gauges that look very similar to the factory gauges in the instrument panel. Their wideband gauges are available for a variety of wideband sensor/processor combinations. I’m going with PLX for my wideband.
  • Like 1