Grille swap anyone? Denali 1500 to All Terrain

Hey guys and gals. New to the forums with my first post. I have a 2016 Sierra 1500 Denali with the all chrome grill and looking to swap with the All Terrain black grill if anyone is interested.

20190330_182444.jpg

• Like 1

I didn't change the grille, but I did change my surround, as ugly as the Denali grille is I could not remove it for an AT grille. I also did my door handles and mirror caps all sourced from factory take offs. I do like a little chrome, as it adds contrast. But not as much as what comes on the vehicle factory. 

If anyone just wants the center grille for an AT, I would be willing to let it go, NO SURROUND. 

TLRbhmn.jpg 

sI4DF35.jpg

bWle7PO.jpg

eiM6XjA.jpg

Yz1YAlL.jpg

7IB5W5H.jpg

Edited by camcamaro1991
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 7:45 PM, Razr20 said:

Nice truck camcamaro1991...... It does look good the way you did it. I may do that until an All Terrain grill pops up.

Thank you, the pics dont do it justice, unfortunately the grille surrounds are  NOT sold individually hence why I had to buy an entire factory take of black AT. I was not willing to paint it, or paint over my Denali chrome. 

however if your order a AT grille new they DO NOT COME PAINTED, they have to be paint matched, so it gets expensive quick and added PPF to the surround. Infact the entire front and full hood and fenders have PPF you cant even tell its installed. 

Edited by camcamaro1991

On 4/22/2019 at 5:21 PM, Razr20 said:

Hey guys and gals. New to the forums with my first post. I have a 2016 Sierra 1500 Denali with the all chrome grill and looking to swap with the All Terrain black grill if anyone is interested.

20190330_182444.jpg

I might be interested. I have a black 2014 all-terrain that I keep clean. Where are you located. I’m on mobile and can’t see location

4 hours ago, camcamaro1991 said:

Thank you, the pics dont do it justice, unfortunately the grille surrounds are  NOT sold individually hence why I had to buy an entire factory take of black AT. I was not willing to paint it, or paint over my Denali chrome. 

however if your order a AT grille new they DO NOT COME PAINTED, they have to be paint matched, so it gets expensive quick and added PPF to the surround. Infact the entire front and full hood and fenders have PPF you cant even tell its installed. 

Good info..... Thanks. Hoping to keep the cost down and not be hasty and spend more than I need to.

2 hours ago, midwestdenaliguy said:

Brand new black Elevation grille for sale if you're interested. I'll come down on price, just make an offer. 

That is a beautiful grill and pretty much what I want however I don't really want to spend much more than $325 shipped. I mean no insult and clearly understand what it takes to do what you did. I have seen a couple AT grills for around the price I would pay besides swapping across and dont expect you to sell yours for that cheap. Thank you for the offer tho..... Very nice grill and certainly what I'm after.

3 hours ago, Razr20 said:

That is a beautiful grill and pretty much what I want however I don't really want to spend much more than $325 shipped. I mean no insult and clearly understand what it takes to do what you did. I have seen a couple AT grills for around the price I would pay besides swapping across and dont expect you to sell yours for that cheap. Thank you for the offer tho..... Very nice grill and certainly what I'm after.

No problem, totally understand. Just don't make the mistake I did and buy one of the cheap knockoff black grilles on eBay for $300. They're super flimsy plastic and mine stripped when mounting it, I was being super careful too. Fortunately I was able to return it and get my money back. Hope you find the deal you're looking for.

5 minutes ago, midwestdenaliguy said:

No problem, totally understand. Just don't make the mistake I did and buy one of the cheap knockoff black grilles on eBay for $300. They're super flimsy plastic and mine stripped when mounting it, I was being super careful too. Fortunately I was able to return it and get my money back. Hope you find the deal you're looking for.

Thank you for the heads up and not taking offense. I'm only looking for an OEM replacement. If you decide to change your mind about your grill and no one bites on it let me know.

I also did my door handles and mirror caps all sourced from factory take offs. I do like a little chrome, as it adds contrast. But not as much as what comes on the vehicle factory. 

Any idea if the Yukon Denali door handles (combination of painted and chrome) fit the Sierra?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk