Brake Pad Life

I took my truck to the dealership, I told them what was happening and they did a re-calibration of the sensors, took maybe 30 min. All is good now.

• Like 1

just as you guys said...it didn't reset overnight like they said it would.  Appointment next week!!

Going to talk with them and see why I was told that

Thanks

Because they dont know how to read/want to get warranty work out of the way so they can do work that actually earns them money? Its not a dealer issue its an industry issue. Funny thing is, my buddy had the same thing except they DID reset his pad life when they shouldnt have per the tsb as he had more than 6000 miles

On 12/5/2019 at 6:44 PM, Hobey said:

Sounds weird after you calculate it and have tracked it....thanks?

I have a 2019 Silverado LTZ - about 6 weeks old. Mine is right there with ShamrockShooter. 10% for every 1000 miles (front); about 5% rear. Front would be out at 10K miles. I'm at 5,200 now; took it in for first oil change today and asked. They said "they're supposed to be working on a fix" but didn't offer any solution at this time. 

It's well documented already that this is a known software issue. For the people posting the "me too" posts, just read up.

Take it back to the dealer and they will fix for free.

Provide the TSB referenced several times in this thread as it doesn't seem like the dealers themselves are very good at searching for this issue if they weren't already made aware.

I had mine addressed months ago and I'm still sitting at 96/98 as expected.

• Like 2

I set an appointment for the seatbelt recall and also the brake % issue. I was told my truck is fine and there isn’t an issue (I take it in next Friday I was just scheduling). I’m sorry but 30% at 5200 miles is not ok [emoji2361]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Called and spoke to the advisor after work. He said the bulletin is for a Cadillac and no longer good for the silverados [emoji2361]also started mentioning they would need to check the pad thickness and such to make sure there weren’t any other issues. I was like if they have to do that just leave the thing alone

Soon I won’t have any pad left [emoji23]

649cba764db950fc0514a052ee72ec9e.jpg

Called and spoke to the advisor after work. He said the bulletin is for a Cadillac and no longer good for the silverados [emoji2361]also started mentioning they would need to check the pad thickness and such to make sure there weren’t any other issues. I was like if they have to do that just leave the thing alone

Soon I won’t have any pad left [emoji23]

649cba764db950fc0514a052ee72ec9e.jpg

He's incorrect. There are a handful of TSB mentioned here. I believe one of them was for Cadillac only.

I'm sorry you have a bad dealer/advisor :-(

Well he texted me back and they found it. Only applies to certain vins/plant builds supposedly

It’s going ok next Friday for the seatbelt recall figured I’d get this taken care of

Well he texted me back and they found it. Only applies to certain vins/plant builds supposedly

It’s going ok next Friday for the seatbelt recall figured I’d get this taken care of

Seems awfully coincidental it has all of the exact symptoms wouldn't you say?

On 4/24/2019 at 10:28 AM, RyanbabZ71 said:

It’s one of those things that was never checked maybe during break in the pads wear more. We lived for years without it, personally I will monitor mine but not freak out it’s kinda like the OLM nice to have but is it accurate.

Case in point on my Camaro in 976 miles on the current oil change my OLM was at 29% this spring when I did the oil change. Head scratcher as the oil looked real good still visually (car only has 1400 miles total). No idea why it dropped so much but I’m not worried about it

Ryan B.

The OLM drops over time as well as with mileage