Brake Pad Life

20 hours ago, ddevos said:

Really? That's annoying, why does the owners manual have a procedure to do it then. 

I'm referring to when the dealer does the software update that actually fixes the issues, they have to reset the system to 100% if there's like fewer than 6000 miles on the truck or replace the pads if more miles.

20 hours ago, lebag335 said:

I'm referring to when the dealer does the software update that actually fixes the issues, they have to reset the system to 100% if there's like fewer than 6000 miles on the truck or replace the pads if more miles.

Per the Bulletin, the pads do not get replaced with the Trucks. The software is loaded and the count is reset if < 6000 miles. I had 11000 miles and they reset mine but no new pads. The new pads applied to the Cadillac CT6 Bulletin. This is per my Dealership and they showed me the proper Bulletin.

Edited by Rocz3cqg

• 3 weeks later...

I replaced the brake pads in my 2014 Sierra All Terrain once in 5 years. 190,000KM's and I think it was around 100K I replaced them.

I currently have 22,000KM's on my new 2019 AT4 and the system tells me they are at 14% on the front and 40% on the rear. My driving style is no different than it was with the old truck so I do not believe the sensor.

Like others have mentioned, when they start squealing I will take them in to be serviced.

• 2 weeks later...

Took my 2019 GMC 1500 Denali back to dealer for 1st oil change and tire rotation.  Explained to the service manager that the brake system control module was showing premature front brake wear.  He said they had just received some guidance about the software update and followed doc 5446352 to reprogram BSCM.  They did that fix along with a couple of other items per recent bulletins: reprogrammed engine calibration torque model and installed seatbelt pre-tensioner rivets, FYI.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just brought my 2019 Silverado 1500 LTZ in for the seatbelt recall and the software upgrade for the brake percentage.  I just looked at it and it shows 47% still.  I read the manual and tried to reset it myself, to a 100% and it did not work.  Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks, Jerry

On 5/6/2019 at 6:32 AM, ShamrockShooter said:

Mine goes down 1% in the front for every 100 miles exactly. I just watched it on the odometer. 506 miles went to 95%, 606 miles went to 94%, 706 miles went to 93%. I drive mostly highway. At this rate my brakes will be "gone" at 10,006 miles. Hmm? Doesn't sound like a sensor to me

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sounds weird after you calculate it and have tracked it....thanks?

On 11/25/2019 at 5:31 PM, UncleBud said:

Took my 2019 GMC 1500 Denali back to dealer for 1st oil change and tire rotation.  Explained to the service manager that the brake system control module was showing premature front brake wear.  He said they had just received some guidance about the software update and followed doc 5446352 to reprogram BSCM.  They did that fix along with a couple of other items per recent bulletins: reprogrammed engine calibration torque model and installed seatbelt pre-tensioner rivets, FYI.

Thanks for the info and dealer follow-up......Brian from Canada?