Brake Pad Life

On 4/24/2019 at 7:44 AM, RUGER AT4 said:

So I currently have about 1300 miles on my AT4 3 weeks into ownership and somehow, based on the brake pad sensors in the truck, I have gone through 20% of the pads life (I have not checked this by other methods yet) . I don't brake hard, haven't towed yet and haven't been in stop and go traffic at all. Is anyone else running into this? Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this or if they are hitting a point where the pads are not losing mass so quickly due grooving with the rotors.

this is under investigation by gm engineers they believe its a software anomaly but have not released a fix for this yet. i just had this on a 2019 with like 1500 miles the brake life was saying it was at 30%. nothing is out yet as far as an update for the software.   

this is under investigation by gm engineers they believe its a software anomaly but have not released a fix for this yet. i just had this on a 2019 with like 1500 miles the brake life was saying it was at 30%. nothing is out yet as far as an update for the software.   
This isn't true. Have you read the last few pages at all?

5 minutes ago, Maverick0984 said:
11 minutes ago, jay webb said:

This isn't true. Have you read the last few pages at all?

this was true as of few  weeks ago when i had this in my bay. but you are correct i just re looked it up there is now a software update 

6 minutes ago, Maverick0984 said:
8 minutes ago, jay webb said:
this was true as of few  weeks ago when i had this in my bay. but you are correct i just re looked it up there is now a software update 

We've been talking about it for a bit and I got the update a couple weeks ago now.

i dunno if you have ran into it yet, but i have already replaced two whole brake booster modules on the 19s, just had one this past week for "service brake system" warning /SES light. SI leads you to perform a brake pedal travel relearn and clear dtcs and they reset replace the brake booster module. its 1 piece, ebcm, vacuum pump, booster all in 1. they are on spac. 

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, lebag335 said:

GM has a new fix for this. Go to your dealer and it’s a 15 minute software update. I have over 1000 miles on mine since the patch was installed and my front and rear’s are showing 99%.  

Yes you also get new brake pads if truck has over 6000 miles. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 5:17 PM, fatwhiteboy said:

Thank you, it says that was released August 7, 2019.  I was just in my dealer Friday picking up some parts and they told me nothing available yet.  I will be going back soon to see what else they missed.

https://www.repairprocedures.com/bulletins/document/pit5695a/5392349.html

I had it applied in mid-August and it's been working great so far.  Sometimes you have to hand the dealer the TSB if you have it as most of them aren't really great at looking things up.  It's just easier for them to say nothing is available when they search once and find nothing.  

Edited by Maverick0984

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, rikhek said:

Brake Pad Life Service Bulletin 19-NA-191 10-8-19.JPG

Bulletin 19-NA-191 applies only to Cadillac CT6. The Bulletin was updated 9/16/2019 to exclude the Silverado and Sierra. The Brake pads are not replaced, just the software update is done.

So I got the software fix apllied yesterday along with rear window seal fix due to leak. They did not reset the brake pad life I only have 5000kms so they should have according to the tsb. Does anyone know how to reset it? I follow the manual, scroll to the brake life, press thumbwheel, attempt to select front or rear but cannot as they are greyed out. Only available option is it disable. I tried that, juat comea back to old life. Tried in access mode but that page is only available if engine is running. It is hard to see in the pic but they are greyed out.

20191022_161359.jpg