In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

A few months ago I replaced the stock speakers that came with my truck. I put in Rockford Fosgate 3-way speakers. It worked for a while, now no sound comes from the speakers. They will come in every now and then, but not often. I think it’s the head unit. What could be the issue?

A few months ago I replaced the stock speakers that came with my truck. I put in Rockford Fosgate 3-way speakers. It worked for a while, now no sound comes from the speakers. They will come in every now and then, but not often. I think it’s the head unit. What could be the issue?
What ohm are they? Have you noticed the head unit bring sluggish or freezing at all?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Snowcamo said:

What ohm are they? Have you noticed the head unit bring sluggish or freezing at all?

They are 4ohm speakers, and never noticed any of that. It will just cut out or not output at all.

They are 4ohm speakers, and never noticed any of that. It will just cut out or not output at all.
Ok. I was thinking the ohm rating of the speakers caused the HU to cutout. Does it happen at low volume levels as well?

44 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

Ok. I was thinking the ohm rating of the speakers caused the HU to cutout. Does it happen at low volume levels as well?

I think I got it fixed, I readjusted the speakers. It looked liked the speaker coils were touching the metal of the door. When I moved it off, the speakers worked.

I think I got it fixed, I readjusted the speakers. It looked liked the speaker coils were touching the metal of the door. When I moved it off, the speakers worked.
Nice!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By jshrubs
      Figured I'd start this thread as a place holder for now. Will add mods as I go.
      My truck is a 2016 4.3 Chevrolet Silverado regular cab standard box 4x4. Purchased in June of 2019.
      Since then, I have added:
      -Folding tonneau cover                                                  -catch can          
      -tinted windows                                                              -removed lower portion of valance
      -black plastidip lettering                                                -red tow hooks
      -painted mirror caps                                                       -light smoke on tail lights
      -aftermarket air filter

Future plans include:
      -2 inch level                                                                      -33 inch tires
      -Black bear tune                                                              -Colour matched bumpers/handles
      -Airaid MIT                                                                        -Tint front turn signals
      -Throttle controller                                                          -Rear wheel well liners
      -Upgrade to 8 inch oem stereo                                     -D5S 35w Hids

How it sat when I got it:

• By RogueOneOverland
      Finally finished my stereo setup. SoundMan iPad Dash Kit, AudioQuest DragonFly DAC, AudioControl Overdrive Plus, JL Audio HD900/5, JL Audio 8W3v3-4, Focal K2 Power 6.5, 33 Sq Ft of SoundSkins Dampening, SMD OM-1 Monitors on highs and lows. 

• By Chase Workman
      The battery on my Tahoe is good, batteries in my key fobs are good. When leaving the car and locking the vehicle. I come back and it won’t unlock from the key fob. Once I put the key in the door and turn it, than the key fob works again. Anyone got any information about this problem?
    • By Sam Hohn
      I recently acquired a 1951 Chevrolet 6100 missing its engine and would like to refurbish it. However, Instead of putting in the original engine (Chevrolet 235) I am looking for an engine that came out in the next 10-15 years to put in my truck that will out put 200+ horsepower without being out of touch with the truck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    • By Brad Davies
      Hey guys,
      I got a 2015 Silverado 5.3l. 138,250km. started ticking sometime last winter. Would happen instantly at start up and last about 5 minutes then would fade away. Sounded like a lifter. Took it to the dealer they said they couldn't hear it. Sound went away so left it.
      Fast forward to this winter and as Soon as the weather started to cool down I noticed the ticking again.
      Took it back to the dealer said they couldn't hear it again. I went and picked up my truck right at closing, soon as I fired her up the sound was there but everyone was gone so no one to hear it. I took a video. Next day I called the dealer, sent the video. Took like a week to get back to me. In the meantime I had taken videos pretty much every time I started it.
      Long story short after a brief fight with them about them trying to say it's normal etc they agreed that it sounded like a noise coming from the valve train. Left my truck with them, they called me said they had to change all lifters. Went to pick up my truck and on start up the sound is still there.
      This was a month ago. Sent more videos and a previous video from before they did the work and they are saying they can't hear it again.
      Took it in in person they agreed that there's an issue again and they will look at it. Now they are saying it's possible bad injector noise but they can't figure out which one 🙄.
      In the meantime I took it to another dealership they changed the vacuum pump. After that the sound changed. Now it's no longer at start up but once the truck has reached operating temperature and is more of a dull sound. Took it back to that same dealer who did the vacuum pump and they said valve train noise and deffo not injectors. But they won't work on it because the other dealer already did. 
      They didn't change the VLOM or the cam. I had/have no check engine lights. Truck runs awesome. Sometimes rough idle.
      Any ideas what it could be?