Brake upgrade

40 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

You don't have a '19 yet so have you seen these monster 4 piston calipers for '19?? I have 22's and like said stop on a dime. Hey it's your money so spent it how you see fit but you are under estimating the stopping power on these new '19 brakes. I can't justify 2k but maybe you can. And no, the '18 isn't the same and not even close. The brake system for '19 is totally different. '19 now incorporates the ZF IBC system. 

My 2900lb Cobalt SS has 4 piston brembo calipers from GM so I bet their not much bigger then my little cars?. I haul stuff work work all the time anywhere from 3-15k lbs and I know that stock calipers on trucks are a joke with big loads. So if the 6.2 can haul 13.5k in 2020 those brakes are gonna get wore out so damn fast just cause there not “hauling big load brakes” since 70% of people don’t haul more then groceries in their trucks these days? I just want them for the safety too big brakes better stopping power people can’t drive these days if my brakes save me from a wreck cause of some jack ass hitting the wall/ or a deer jumping out that’s 2k well spent! Haha 

36 minutes ago, PabloK said:

Yea that’s the brembo/GMC kit...

But At $2200-2500 and a heavy ass 1 piece rotor it’s a overpriced.

I’m waiting for my rep at Brembo to confirm fitment on their new 8 piston kit GT kit will fit.

List is $5500 but you can easily wheel and deal and prob get it for 4800. Brembo has a strict price protection policy that makes all distributers list the same price.

This kit is designed to work with the factory abs system, brake pump... everything..

The extra 2k is worth the gigantic 2 piece floating rotor, with a anodized aluminum hat.... the cast iron 1 piece rotor will rust and look like shit after a year.

dc94596d7f95bad55999ae2094e7f88d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See that’s why I’m talking about!!!! Let the T1 mod’ing start!! Lifting your truck is cool and a must, but I like this kinda thing better brakes  and more power! 5500 isn’t too bad if you get calipers/rotors/pads! I’m sure the GM kit would work fine for awhile and look good but yes this is definitely something to consider! Mabe get the GM kit then when it comes time to do a brake job just grab these bad boys! That’s 1 reason why I wanted bigger rims for a bigger calipers. The trail boss 18’s just didn’t make it haha 18’s just seem small on these trucks anyway to me!  

Edited by Inline6DirtyMaxRST
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, PabloK said:

You are correct

But it drives me crazy to see unmatched rear brakes. Brembo rear brake for the GMC 2019 will be a 4 pot system.

Combined with a 8 piston front... the brakes will be so damn efficient.

I run them on every vehicle I own... I typically get 75k before I need to replace pads. The 2 piece Rotors should last 100k. I have 120k on one set and still have tons of life left

No doubt it’s crazy money, 8500-10k but if your looking for the “ultimate” system, this is the route to go.

Not to mention your shaving 40% of the rotational mass compared to the original system... handling, acceleration, braking, everything is improved on that front.

Only negative is your wallet will start smoking and you’ll end up working until your 80 years old.

8bab15575bc81eb3ac12004ae53cb0e9.jpg295d0f0263c49ccab9cfaa6299c304bc.jpg

Should be epic

Those are sick! I agree if you can match the rears you should! Yah 10k is some cash but if they work better and could save your life then fu@k the cash! If I can set the rears up like this on my truck I’m going to for sure lol

Edited by Inline6DirtyMaxRST
  • Like 1

Those are sick! I agree if you can match the rears you should! Yah 10k is some cash but if they work better and could save your life then fu@k the cash! If I can set the tears up like this on my truck I’m going to for sure lol

When you do a full GT brembo system... the performance improvement is incredible. Initial bite, particularly in cold weather is phenomenal.

The price is crazy, I know.

But this is one modification that elevates the trucks performance to a different level.

Keep your stock brakes, when you sell the truck you can typically recover 60% of the initial investment. I’ve done this about 8 times..

I will also need a 2nd, maybe 3rd job to support my addiction of modifying cars.

• Haha 1

You don't have a '19 yet so have you seen these monster 4 piston calipers for '19?? I have 22's and like said stop on a dime. Hey it's your money so spent it how you see fit but you are under estimating the stopping power on these new '19 brakes. I can't justify 2k but maybe you can. And no, the '18 isn't the same and not even close. The brake system for '19 is totally different. '19 now incorporates the ZF IBC system. 

I personally believe the IBC system is more of a modernization “brake by wire” type of system that manufactures are starting to adopt as more and more engines become hybrids and become smaller in displacement.

GM had to do this because the new 4 banger won’t have enough oomph to run the vacuum on such a large vehicle.

IBC is a vacuumless booster and slip control device that replaces a conventional booster and electronic stability control system. It eliminates the need for vacuum from the power train or a vacuum pump. It uses an electronically controlled motor and plunger-type system that is electronically controlled and pushes brake fluid into the system. The pedal input from the driver is interpreted by a hydraulic simulator, which provides the driver the feel of a traditional brake system.

While there are improvements in performance, I think they are fairly insignificant.

I would compare this to manufactures moving towards electric steering.

Is there a system that improves the brakes for less $$$$.

[emoji4]

What’s your budget?

Changing pads have many pros and cons. For example, you might improve reduced fade at the cost of initial bite in cold weather. Lots of factors to consider when making such an investment.

Cold climate, brake noise, brake dust, product life, cost...

21 minutes ago, PabloK said:

When you do a full GT brembo system... the performance improvement is incredible. Initial bite, particularly in cold weather is phenomenal.

The price is crazy, I know.

But this is one modification that elevates the trucks performance to a different level.

Keep your stock brakes, when you sell the truck you can typically recover 60% of the initial investment. I’ve done this about 8 times..

I will also need a 2nd, maybe 3rd job to support my addiction of modifying cars.

I fee you man! I have alllll my stock parts for my car I’ve had it 6 years.  I’ve replaced everything but the motor and transmission. I have a $2000 turbo sitting in my garage for a over a year just cause the cars my DD and I NEVER get a chance to tear into the car for 2 days swapping out for a better transmission and installing the Trubo? But when I get a truck the cars getting set up!! My mod’ing addiction is bad as well? But I’m 28 with no kids and single Atm so let the good times roll?? just bought a 2019 Husky 300TPI last month and need something to haul it in??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PabloK said:

What’s your budget?

Changing pads have many pros and cons. For example, you might improve reduced fade at the cost of initial bite in cold weather. Lots of factors to consider when making such an investment.

Cold climate, brake noise, brake dust, product life, cost...

Yeo you could just do this!! It goes pad/rotors(mabe even another type of fluid if needed). Then you go for a brake kit that fits your needs of the pads don’t cut it. A lot of the time pads really help most people stock pads are sometimes more for noise and longevity, you get some nice pads it’s a world of difference! 

• Like 1

I fee you man! I have alllll my stock parts for my car I’ve had it 6 years.  I’ve replaced everything but the motor and transmission. I have a $2000 turbo sitting in my garage for a over a year just cause the cars my DD and I NEVER get a chance to tear into the car for 2 days swapping out for a better transmission and installing the Trubo[emoji23] But when I get a truck the cars getting set up!! My mod’ing addiction is bad as well[emoji51] But I’m 28 with no kids and single Atm so let the good times roll[emoji23][emoji23] just bought a 2019 Husky 300TPI last month and need something to haul it in[emoji16][emoji869]

We are the same type of guys. Lol

Who wants a stock truck? I get so much enjoyment researching and improving toys....

Yea is it over the top? Probably...

But it’s our money and if it makes us happy.. why not.

Life is too short, have as much fun as you can. I’m
Ok eating chicken sandwiches and drinking cheap beer to have an amazing truck that makes me pumped up every day to drive it.

• Like 1

Yeo you could just do this!! It goes pad/rotors(mabe even another type of fluid if needed). Then you go for a brake kit that fits your needs of the pads don’t cut it. A lot of the time pads really help most people stock pads are sometimes more for noise and longevity, you get some nice pads it’s a world of difference! 

Agree

Just make sure you get the proper pad, based on the stuff I said above. Don’t just wing it. I’ve winged it many times and I wasted a lot of money.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PabloK said:

We are the same type of guys. Lol

Who wants a stock truck? I get so much enjoyment researching and improving toys....

Yea is it over the top? Probably...

But it’s our money and if it makes us happy.. why not.

Life is too short, have as much fun as you can. I’m
Ok eating chicken sandwiches and drinking cheap beer to have an amazing truck that makes me pumped up every day to drive it.

100% your truck should be YOUR truck. I can’t leave anything alone I make my stuff look the way I want for me not any other reason haha I don’t even drink beer unless it’s a  social Event lol I save so much money I dont drink coffee beer, smoke or chew pretty much my only vice is car/truck parts. The best thing about car parts you can always sell them for somthing? can give beer back lmao. People die when I tell them my custom tail lights are $700 but they will go out and blow money on other things they want and don’t even need or can’t resell or mabe it’s just a bad habit. It’s all preference. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 2:47 PM, diyer2 said:

Is there a system that improves the brakes for less $$$$.

:)

There really are not a whole lot of options out there yet for the 2019.  But, I am sure more will come.

The GM 6-piston caliper and rotor kit for the 2019 is probably the most reasonable 6-piston kit currently available.

But, if you are patient, I am sure Baer or EBC will have something available within the next year.

4 hours ago, Skidsareforkids said:

My wife has a 20 model Denali XL on order and it will have the brake upgrade... I’m excited to see the difference emoji41.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes awesome post pics when she’s in!!!

• 9 months later...

cant you just order it from Brembo?....for sure GM hikes up their prices pretty crazy

I used to race motocross and when I started riding KTM's (they have brembos) it was amazing how much better their brakes were than Japanese brands.....nobody cares about brakes until you actually drive a vehicle that has really good ones.....its not just power of better ones its modulation and progression they have....you can only go as fast as you can stop.....I am surprised there isn't more people interested especially with HD trucks and towing.....am sure they would think more about it if they drove a truck with Brembo setup.....most who do mods want other people to see the product, f you cant see it not worth doing kinda thing......but better brakes is a huge plus

I didn't drive earlier silverados but my 2019 does have some pretty nice brakes, it was one thing that really stood out in first few months.....I wouldn't mind having better though....I drive my old tundra to work couple days a week and its not even close

be interested if I could get em for less than what GM wants