Who Needs a Truck?

Cpl_Punishment

45 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

138869ca8f54cbbe56b4d17d9775ecf6.jpg

I couldn’t live without a truck

Ryan B.

I'm with ya, I imagine I could probably manage OK with a Tahoe/Burb & a 5x10 utility trailer but, I prefer the pickup and it's a lot cheaper... I see you're a toolbox guy, I have always had a hard folding Tonneau cover, do you use the truck for family trips etc? How do you secure your luggage etc if you do take the truck on a trip? I've been kicking around a tool box + soft roll up tonneau combo lately..

I had a tonneau on my 2000 kinda drove me crazy. Wasn’t a fan. 2010 I went with a toolbox for my random stuff (jack, tie downs, etc). When we travel I have a cargo bag that keeps our stuff dry. I also have used this toolbox for bags and baseball gear if I plan to leave in and need it secure.

584ef4d2dcc409807ccc64cd465391a6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

I had a tonneau on my 2000 kinda drove me crazy. Wasn’t a fan. 2010 I went with a toolbox for my random stuff (jack, tie downs, etc). When we travel I have a cargo bag that keeps our stuff dry. I also have used this toolbox for bags and baseball gear if I plan to leave in and need it secure.

584ef4d2dcc409807ccc64cd465391a6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The hard folding cover I have on now (tonnopro hardfold) hasn't held up very well and it's kinda of a PITA to remove it when I need the full bed... I'm kicking around a hard roll up from Truxedo but, the tool box is appealing to me too...

I hauled all kinda of crap in that Mazda 6 I had a few years ago. Back bumper got some scars from it. My Accord recently hauled some 2x8s. Had a door in the CX-5, couldn't shut the lift gate. Will probably get something bigger again next.

• Like 1

On 06/06/2019 at 8:47 PM, SnakeEyeSS said:

I hauled all kinda of crap in that Mazda 6 I had a few years ago. Back bumper got some scars from it. My Accord recently hauled some 2x8s. Had a door in the CX-5, couldn't shut the lift gate. Will probably get something bigger again next.

My dad built a 12'x12' sleeping shack at our lake lot out of wood a few years back. He hauled everything he needed except the plywood in his 2003 Pontiac Vibe, including some 2 hour trips with the back window open and the wheels rubbing on the fenders because it was loaded down with concrete blocks or buckets of nails. 

5 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

Did someone mention truck?

image.thumb.png.618e9bcb0cac32d20fca09cd1fd3860b.png

Dan, I got quite a chuckle out of your post. I live in the low country of SC, about 30 miles from Ravenel.  My wife got her 2017 Equinox from Marchant Chevrolet, easiest car buying experience in my life, 2 hours from pulling on the lot and leaving with her new at that time Nox, and that included a 20 minute test drive. Marchant is a small town, fairly high volume dealer, $89 over invoice and no dealer add-ons. I'm sure those billboards were all in good fun, the Ford and Chevrolet dealer often co-op their TV ads to entice buyers to Ravenel, about 12 miles south of Charleston, away from the big city dealers.

I followed a guy out of Home Depot with half a dozen 8 or 10 2x4's some years ago. When he walked up to a Grand Am I thought where the hell is he going to put those? He rooled the left rear side window down and stuck then vertically, floor to sky and drove off. If there is a will, there is a way I guess.

I grew up in a time with big cars and small houses. People didn’t do much work on their houses. If they did everything fit in the station wagon, and the mom usually did it. They really didn’t need much the houses usually were 1500 square ft. Now the average house is 2500 square ft that gets remodeled every 5 years. And we need big pickups and SUVs. The kicker, were having less kids. It’s not a need, it’s a fad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, KARNUT said:

I grew up in a time with big cars and small houses. People didn’t do much work on their houses. If they did everything fit in the station wagon, and the mom usually did it. They really didn’t need much the houses usually were 1500 square ft. Now the average house is 2500 square ft that gets remodeled every 5 years. And we need big pickups and SUVs. The kicker, were having less kids. It’s not a need, it’s a fad.

Ditto. Guys ran roofing businesses out of station-wagons. You lived in a big house. Ours was a three bedroom, single bath at 900 square feet and five boys. Garage was bigger than the house. :rolleyes:

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 6:06 PM, Cpl_Punishment said:

Had to make a Home Hardware run on the way home from work today. Suffice it to say, I am eagerly awaiting the day when we sell my wife's condo so I can buy a half ton. 

Don't forget the "T" shirt that says,

"Yes it's a truck and NO I'm not helping you move". 

• Like 2