19 SILVERADO FRONT BRAKE UPGRADE

29 minutes ago, Twinscroll240 said:

These clear 17’s, here they are clearing my 17x9 et0 Black Rhinos Primm wheels, I’m so F*#king happy Lol

966021F8-C717-4F0D-B5F9-FCB76DB6698F.jpeg

Sweet! But the real question is, how do they feel?? Tell me a little more about your setup. New rotors, pads, and of course the calipers?

2 hours ago, lucas287 said:

Sweet! But the real question is, how do they feel?? Tell me a little more about your setup. New rotors, pads, and of course the calipers?

I just wanted to make sure they fit before I even though about anything else lol,  I actually got these Barley used, and barely I mean the donner truck had 1 mile on the odometer lol, so I got everything, loaded calipers, and both rotors, I’m going to try it in “stock” form and then upgrade pad and rotors as needed, I’m just stupid happy they cleared my wheels 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 9:58 AM, AlljackedupZ71 said:

Hey Bud. Just got done doing the swap on my 2006 Z71. Here are the measurements roughly. 

Front face of rotor to outer edge of the caliper is 2-1/2" roughly.

From face of hub to outer edge of caliper is 1-1/2". If concerned about clearance add 1/16" to your figure.

I have 2015 Sierra 20" oem wheels on the truck. Tons of clearance with these.

20200426_113002_resized.jpg

20200426_112929_resized.jpg

20200426_122011_resized.jpg

20200426_122002_resized.jpg

I would love to do this on both my 02 Tahoe and 13 Denali XL. 
Was it straight up plug and play or how big were the spacers you had to use

On 5/19/2020 at 5:01 PM, lucas287 said:

Having a 6.2 I cannot say my brakes (in their current state) are confidence inspiring. I have an NBS silverado that I converted to hydroboost and it's pedal feel is fantastic. 

I'm going to flush my fluid this weekend and that should help my pedal a bit. I'd like to get more feedback on this topic though throwing money at my current setup. 

can you provide more info on your hydroboost setup?

3 hours ago, flyingfool said:

can you provide more info on your hydroboost setup?

I used the hyrdoboost pump and pressure line from a 2003 2500 van. That's the only 3/4 ton GM vehicle to use a rack and pinion as far as I know. That's important because there's 2 hoses that complete the circuit. One from the power steering pump to the hyrdoboost, then from the hyrdoboost to the rack. It also needed a brake pedal from a 2500 too because the rod coming out of the hydro unit is different than the vacuum unit. At the same time I put a brand new PS pump from a 2500 on it too since it already has return line nipple on it. 

Overall brake power is much improved. No more sponginess! With the old booster functioning as designed it took quite a bit of pedal travel for it to even do anything. Now it has about 1" maybe of slack (which is probably because the hydroboost is used from a salvage yard) and then it gets real firm real quick. 

All in all, I'd say it was very much worth it but it was quite thorough. That was before I was married and had kids so I had a lot of free time. 

https://chevroletforum.com/how-tos/a/chevrolet-silverado-1999-2006-how-to-swap-vacuum-brake-booster-with-hydroboost-system-391165

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 7:26 PM, ModJunky said:

I have two stainless steel washers spacing it out right now I’m working on machining a one piece.Im pretty sure I’m the first person in the country to do this so far and I can tell you the calipers more then make up for the lack of rotor size it has a very firm peddle as well best peddle I’ve felt on a GM truck 

Have you made the stainless washer ? 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what length spacers you need? How thick of washers and how many? Everything else has been discussed except that and I’m really wanting to do this upgrade on my nbs Sierra. Also do you reuse your factory caliper bracket bolts or the ones from the 2019 caliper? 

Anyone know what length spacers you need? How thick of washers and how many? Everything else has been discussed except that and I’m really wanting to do this upgrade on my nbs Sierra. Also do you reuse your factory caliper bracket bolts or the ones from the 2019 caliper? 

I have a 2018 with 20” rims and didn’t use any spacers. Reuse the bolts that came off your truck and I’ll have to check on the washer thickness but it isn’t much. Maybe 1/8”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, green02crew said:

I have a 2018 with 20” rims and didn’t use any spacers. Reuse the bolts that came off your truck and I’ll have to check on the washer thickness but it isn’t much. Maybe 1/8”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you don’t need a stack of washers to center the caliper over the rotor? Just a regular washer on both bolts and that’s it’s? 

• 5 months later...