2019 Sierra Denali seats

Just bought a 2019 Sierra 1500 Denali yesterday. Drove the truck 475 miles home. The drivers seat is very hard and uncomfortable after a short distance. I thought that the best truck in the price line at least would be most comfortable. I have the Denali Ultimate package. 

I have owned many vehicles in all price levels. I have never had a seat issue. I don’t think that I can drive or keep this thing. My right leg lost circulation twice. The seat simply hurts. Feels like a bleacher. 

Never assume anything and never trust that the most expensive is great. 

Sheepskin just adds expense to an already costly mistake. 

2 minutes ago, Mboo said:

Just bought a 2019 Sierra 1500 Denali yesterday. Drove the truck 475 miles home. The drivers seat is very hard and uncomfortable after a short distance. I thought that the best truck in the price line at least would be most comfortable. I have the Denali Ultimate package. 

I have owned many vehicles in all price levels. I have never had a seat issue. I don’t think that I can drive or keep this thing. My right leg lost circulation twice. The seat simply hurts. Feels like a bleacher. 

Never assume anything and never trust that the most expensive is great. 

Sheepskin just adds expense to an already costly mistake. 

Long Test drives are important for this reason. 

If your leg lost circulation, this has little to do with the softness of the seat and much more to do with the angle you set it to. Try lowering the front angle. 

I agree that these seats are not the softest out there, but I definitely do not find them anywhere near as uncomfortable as you are reporting here. I think the design is great for support, but the could be a little softer, yes. Then again, they will soften as you use them. 

Anyway, not trying to discredit how you feel about the seats. ??

Clearly the caveat is let the buyer beware. Yet, after buying and driving 50 vehicles which all have acceptable seat comfort; the assumption is that:

1. Personally you have never had a seat comfort issue

2. The most expensive vehicle in it’s class (advertised and rationalized as having the greatest comfort) would have minimally acceptable seating. 

These seats simply hurt. 

I hope that someone has found dealer solutions. Sitting on accessory pads shouldn’t be a requirement in a Denali

With a 500 mile drive on a seat that feels like a cardboard box filled with books; there is much repositioning with seating position. An issue with the seat and its contributing design is that there is a stitched ridge around the seat that does cut into your leg. Not much alternative here. 

I have simply never had such a hard uncomfortable seat. 

I have a new C7 Corvette. Comfortable. Chevrolet HHR. Definately ok. My friend has a 2018 Yukon Denali. Another friend with a 2500 Sierra Denali wants to buy another brand because of the poor seats. 

A $70,000 vehicle should expect premium comfort. 

Sadly, I borrowed a demo while waiting at the dealer. Chev Silverado. Seats were fine. 

Dealers are aware that the seats are junk. The Canyon Denali feels like a wood plank. Dealer says they haven’t seen them soften. 

Too bad, the vehicle does drive well has a good suspension. 

Wonder if there was a running improvement?  Dealer had 3 identically equipped Denali’s. $68,335, $68,035, and $67,935 MSRP. 

I don’t think they’ve made any running changes since you’re one of the few people I’ve heard complaining about them.

Also, the price of the truck has nothing to do with it really, the general seat shape / support is the same on all of the T1s. Guarantee you it’s the same piece of foam that’s under a work truck. Not saying that’s right but they’ve never really done anything special for the higher trims. 

They firmed them up a bit since the previous generation but I like it. My 2016 started to feel like a worn out old couch.

• Like 2

I have test driven both T1 Silverado and Sierra trucks.

I can affirm that the seats are not as comfortable as in my K2.

This was also reported fall last year by some early T1 owners.

Now that My Pillow has introduced a mattress topper, an auto seat cushion will soon follow! :lol:

• 1 month later...

I am a big guy 300 lb. Day after I bought the truck drove 500 miles, been on 4 500 mile trips since. I like the seats, I did not like the mushy seats on my 2014. These seats actually support you, I have no back pain from them that I used to get on my 2014. No complaints from passengers either. I can almost guarantee they are better for your back giving more support. I have an AT4 pretty much the same seat.

This is the one issue that I noticed before purchase. The seat is very firm compared to the Ford Lariat I was driving. After driving the Sierra for a month I don't have any problems associated with firm seat. Good to go. Love the truck and the seat!

Edited by NorthForty

My 2015 Silverado had more comfortable seats for sure.  I like my seat all the way up especially on the front under the knee area.  On the T1, the seat bottom doesn't reach out as far and it doesn't tilt up as high either.  I'm thinking of adding spacers to get the front edge of the seat a bit higher.

• 1 year later...
On 6/16/2019 at 11:41 AM, econometrics said:

If your leg lost circulation, this has little to do with the softness of the seat and much more to do with the angle you set it to. Try lowering the front angle. 

I agree that these seats are not the softest out there, but I definitely do not find them anywhere near as uncomfortable as you are reporting here. I think the design is great for support, but the could be a little softer, yes. Then again, they will soften as you use them. 

Just bought a 2020 chevy silverado Ltz , have 112 miles on and both my wife and I after a 45 min drive both said these seats are hard ouch!!. Just got rid of my 2017 gmc sierra denali ultimate and those seats were incredible.  I am going to call dealer on Monday morning!! Truck was 66k . But the new 3.0 duramax is very impressive 23 mpg around town!!!

On 6/16/2019 at 11:41 AM, econometrics said:

Just bought a 2020 chevy silverado Ltz , have 112 miles on and both my wife and I after a 45 min drive both said these seats are hard ouch!!. Just got rid of my 2017 gmc sierra denali ultimate and those seats were incredible.  I am going to call dealer on Monday morning!! Truck was 66k . But the new 3.0 duramax is very impressive 23 mpg around town!!!

They soften up after a bit. My 2019 that I bought in December 2019 has about 9,000 miles on it. My drivers seat is noticeably softer and more comfortable than it was when new. The passenger seat is still pretty stiff, because I usually don’t have a passenger.