Suspension geometry

Hey all - I know everyone’s trucks are different, even from the factory, and I’m not super versed in the world of suspension geometry.

I’m at 2.5” level w/stock UCA, and wanting to go up to 3” with cognito UCAs. Can someone take a look at my current CV angles and let me know how they look now? Just wondering if the additional .5” would really affect the CV angles that much. I know the new uppers will definitely help with the arm angles.

7b020bb140ef47dedbc1395fbdceac87.jpgf4d2844e4decc743de8c3b7c79c3d8d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You won't even notice that .5", what is the point in going through all that work and cost just to add more stress on your front end and shorten the borrowed time you are already living on? To answer your question, when you look at stock, your current CV angles don't look very good, but it isn't my truck and part of the reason I will probably never buy a used truck. Last thing I want is to buy a previously large leveled truck with big offset wheels and inherit all those problems when they return it to stock and trade it in. 

Tyler 

Edited by amxguy1970
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My opinions as I do a lot of k2 trucks for local guys. If you have stamped steel arms and 4wd (looks like you do) I dont like going over 2" level in front.  Anymore than that will create issues  even with aftermarket arms

Also stay away from cognito uppers

• Like 1

If you're going to go over 2," at minimum I would do UCA's AND diff drop. Angles still won't really be ideal, but would be better than not adding them. 

Edited by Jglew82

1 hour ago, Nasty said:

My opinions as I do a lot of k2 trucks for local guys. If you have stamped steel arms and 4wd (looks like you do) I dont like going over 2" level in front.  Anymore than that will create issues  even with aftermarket arms

Also stay away from cognito uppers

Hey Nasty , what's the scoop on the cognito UCA ?  

I am geting close to changing mine out and the cognito is one I have been considering.  

Any insight much appreciated.  

Hey Nasty , what's the scoop on the cognito UCA ?  
 I am geting close to changing mine out and the cognito is one I have been considering.  
  Any insight much appreciated.  
They suck and congito is not good with warranty

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That will learn me to say (ANY)  insight would be appreciated 
Here one guy I told they were crap. And now he believes me. Also read the comments. He also sent this video to cognito and they said they couldn't tell from the video if it was bad of not

3 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

I would move the front transfer case down.

This

Get a lift that has the bracket that relocates the transfer case lower down to correct the CV Angles.

I dont know if you could get jus the bracket, but i personally dont like to mismatch parts

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VdellaV said:

Get a lift that has the bracket that relocates the transfer case lower down to correct the CV Angles.

I dont know if you could get jus the bracket, but i personally dont like to mismatch parts

About this, for example, ProComp´s 4" lift  swaps the bearing carriers for taller ones, that will correct the UCA angle:

I would buy this kit, you will spend a little more but will save you a lot of headaches in the future (ask me how i know about that)

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/pro-comp-4-inch-lift-kit-with-es9000-shocks-k1158b/_/R-DFCW-K1158B

K1173B-01.jpg

1 hour ago, Nasty said:

Here one guy I told they were crap. And now he believes me. Also read the comments. He also sent this video to cognito and they said they couldn't tell from the video if it was bad of not

Does the guy who uploaded this video know those Ball Joints are Replacable and Moog Sells them at quite affordable prices?

If anyone has Cognito UCAs like these, the Bal Joint replacement part number is Moog K6292 or K6136 (depends if tyhe cognito UCA is for Aluminum od Steel suspension)

Does the guy who uploaded this video know those Ball Joints are Replacable and Moog Sells them at quite affordable prices?

If anyone has Cognito UCAs like these, the Bal Joint replacement part number is Moog K6292 or K6136 (depends if tyhe cognito UCA is for Aluminum od Steel suspension)
Yes but him and many others (including me) have has them go out in under 10k miles. And cognito won't warranty. It's not the point. They sell a product that doesn't last