Need Rims/Tires Advice for 2/4 Drop

As the title says, I need some advice from people who have lowered their trucks. It's a 2001 silverado 2wd stepside. I'm thinking of 20 or 22 inch rims but I dont want any rubbing. Max width would be great too cause I'm going to be twin-turboing it. Also this is my first truck so I don't want to be doing any fender tubbing or anything else permanent. Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: I haven't lowered it yet. Kinda forgot to mention that ?

20190630_145126.jpg

Edited by Perogyboy

I ran stock 275/55/20's on my lowered 2006 sierra with the same drop. It rubbed at full lock because of the sidewall height and those were running some factory take off rims that are 20x9's I think.

So you'd want to run a little shorter sidewall with basically the same exact rim size to avoid issues. The offset of the rim can't be too crazy either.

Traction with "street" tires on a turbo truck isn't going to happen either. Anything over 450-500hp at the rear tire will just lay rubber down even with traction bars.

3 hours ago, CamGTP said:

I ran stock 275/55/20's on my lowered 2006 sierra with the same drop. It rubbed at full lock because of the sidewall height and those were running some factory take off rims that are 20x9's I think.

So you'd want to run a little shorter sidewall with basically the same exact rim size to avoid issues. The offset of the rim can't be too crazy either.

Traction with "street" tires on a turbo truck isn't going to happen either. Anything over 450-500hp at the rear tire will just lay rubber down even with traction bars.

Okay so something like 275/40r20 or 285/40r20 should work? And I'm not going to be running anything over 500hp on the daily. Just gonna run around 5psi. I'm still on the edge on what rims to buy. My budget is around 450$ (cad) per rim. Any suggestions? I'm looking for something similar to the Foose Nitrous/Legend rims but in a 6 lug.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...