LED headlight bulb recommendation?

4 hours ago, sk said:

Not in a reflector housing they don't.  That's the reason Federal DOT says they are ILLEGAL (but people still install them) ...

The LED lights of the past where far worse than the newest ones. Reflector headlights are designed specifically to reflect the light from the specific spot the halogen light bulb lights up, in years past LED lights did not mimic the specific light output location as the halogen lights which made LED lights scatter the beam very badly and blind everyone. 

Now the newer LED’s mimic the halogen light output location far better. However with that being said, the LED’s still put out a much brighter light and can still be blinding to others on the road, but not near as bad as years ago. 

My truck is a 2014. Currently I have some Sylvania silver star ZXE bulbs. They are ok, but not that much of a upgrade from stock. I just think LED’s look better and are brighter.  

I was kinda looking at some HIKARI LED Headlight Bulb Conversion Kit on amazon, they have good reviews. They have a cheaper one and then of course a more premium higher output one. 2 year warranty. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GKPR452/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_OwkhDb8N6VV5N

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077BT6M6Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_QzkhDbWQRQTKP
Auxbeam has a sale going on if you didn't buy yete19d4593f5a309a95445e5b6f63c3a36.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...