Talk me out of a Ram.

Guys ... you’re killing me with these commercials....lol.   Are they being broadcasted in Canada?   Haven’t seen a single one yet..I will say that out of the big three I’m seeing Ford the most, followed by Ram, and then GM., in sales on the road new trucks..   For what it’s worth my neighbour has a Ram Rebel, gotta be 2 years old by now and he hasn’t really had any issues with the truck... I guess it’s luck of the draw ???   

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 2:12 PM, econometrics said:

I would only wait, personally, if you're wanting a 6.2L engine option in one of the Silverado models that currently only offers the 5.3L. Otherwise, there are basically no differences in the 2019 and 2020's. 

You'll likely pay more for a 2020, as there will be much lesser incentives / rebates on them in the months ahead. 

I'm waiting for the 10 speed in a 4x4 SLE.

On 7/28/2019 at 9:20 PM, econometrics said:

I went to YouTube and watched all the “(Name) is selling their Silverado” videos. Pretty odd marketing mission here... 

Almost every clip paints the Chevy as a solid truck that is simply boring. Many even show some of the nice features it has. 

I guess this is RAM’s new MO? They want to be the “cool” truck on the block with their knob-dial drive selector and iPad screen? 

“Dependability is for losers! Get a truck with sizzle! Buy a RAM!” ??

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if that type of advertising works on your typical millennial, as sad as that is. 

2 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if that type of advertising works on your typical millennial, as sad as that is. 

Don’t worry, Chevy and “Mahk” have the Millennials covered... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was in the same quandary back in February. I was in the market for a new truck and the local Ford dealer pissed me off  enough to send a loyal Ford guy looking elsewhere. I drove a 2019 Ram Limited 4WD loaded to the gills and I must say I was extremely impressed. Outstanding ride, most comfortable seats I've seen in a truck, 12" display with gobs of technology and the nicest all around interior. The Hemi was responsive and it handled great. Pricing was on par with bot Ford and GM, as far as I could tell there was nothing to dislike about the Ram.  Same day I test drove a 2019 Denali 4WD with a 5.3L, nice truck, rode ok, not the best seats or interior but still a quality vehicle. I went home to think it over and got online at Edmunds and read owners reviews of the Ram, GMC and Ford. First thing that jumped out at me was the GMC had 12 reviews, the Ford had 18 and the Ram had 158 reviews. The first Ram review stated that his truck had been the shop 56 days with a myriad of issues that they seemed unable to fix, whether it was availability of parts or the ability to cypher what the causes were, from there on it was like a broken record of leaks, transmission woes, cabin/dash electronic issues. Basically a nightmare. Read the GMC reviews and about the only gripes were a hinky shifting transmission and gripes about dated interior, pretty much the same for Ford. Next day I bought the Denali. After 5 1/2 months and 9000 miles, it's been a relatively good vehicle. Interior is just ok, fuel economy averages around 18 or so combined, tows surprisingly well and it has a hinky shifting transmission. If I were to be honest with myself, my previous two F150 Lariat Ecoboosts were better all around vehicles, they towed better, were quieter, got at least equal economy, had better paint quality and ran like scalded dogs. In retrospect I let my being pissed at Ford sway my decision too much. All that being said, I plan on keeping this truck for several years as it seems to be well put together and has done everything I've asked of it with ease.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CmackR56 said:

I was in the same quandary back in February. I was in the market for a new truck and the local Ford dealer pissed me off  enough to send a loyal Ford guy looking elsewhere. I drove a 2019 Ram Limited 4WD loaded to the gills and I must say I was extremely impressed. Outstanding ride, most comfortable seats I've seen in a truck, 12" display with gobs of technology and the nicest all around interior. The Hemi was responsive and it handled great. Pricing was on par with bot Ford and GM, as far as I could tell there was nothing to dislike about the Ram.  Same day I test drove a 2019 Denali 4WD with a 5.3L, nice truck, rode ok, not the best seats or interior but still a quality vehicle. I went home to think it over and got online at Edmunds and read owners reviews of the Ram, GMC and Ford. First thing that jumped out at me was the GMC had 12 reviews, the Ford had 18 and the Ram had 158 reviews. The first Ram review stated that his truck had been the shop 56 days with a myriad of issues that they seemed unable to fix, whether it was availability of parts or the ability to cypher what the causes were, from there on it was like a broken record of leaks, transmission woes, cabin/dash electronic issues. Basically a nightmare. Read the GMC reviews and about the only gripes were a hinky shifting transmission and gripes about dated interior, pretty much the same for Ford. Next day I bought the Denali. After 5 1/2 months and 9000 miles, it's been a relatively good vehicle. Interior is just ok, fuel economy averages around 18 or so combined, tows surprisingly well and it has a hinky shifting transmission. If I were to be honest with myself, my previous two F150 Lariat Ecoboosts were better all around vehicles, they towed better, were quieter, got at least equal economy, had better paint quality and ran like scalded dogs. In retrospect I let my being pissed at Ford sway my decision too much. All that being said, I plan on keeping this truck for several years as it seems to be well put together and has done everything I've asked of it with ease.

Honest and respectful review.  I have to admit, I never consider purchasing the ford.  I still have yet to purchase a vehicle, so, I may test drive the eco-boost this weekend. 

• Like 1