Talk me out of a Ram.

9 hours ago, MaverickZ71 said:

Kate must be married to HondaHawkGT. 

First time I’ve seen that commercial...Priceless!!!  I hope Kate likes to spend a lot of time in the service department at her local Ram dealer cause that’s where she’s gonna be hanging out....

All kidding aside;  the new Ram is a gorgeous looking truck, in and out.  Unfortunately, there reputation precedes them for countless recalls and poor build quality.  JMHO...

• Like 3

Lol, great Commercial for RAM.

Chevy REALLY oughtta come out with some historical recall commercial of the Ram and Chrysler products. Maybe buy Kate out of her contract and have her do a bunch of service department commercials with that new RAM she bought ?

Edited by MacLaren
  • Like 1

yes i do like the looks of Ram truck, but i know better the Kate..she's an actress and probably drive a Toyota carolla. my experience with Chrysler since 2004-2019 is just going to lead to more of my own mental and financial truama

Edited by flyingfool

I believe many GM/Chevy owners are jealous that Ram pushed the technological and interior envelope.  Denali, the alpha of the GMC line-up lacks technology in my daughters 12k Nissan Sentra.  So, we alway go to the default, reliability.  One of my coworkers has owned a Ram for nearly 20 years and I have never seen any horror stories found in these forums.  Sanes goes for the Ram forum concerning GM/Chevy vehicles.  Honestly, I find it quite amusing but nothing I have read on either forum would sway my decision. 

Not me and, I can honestly say that.

I am completely satisfied with the tech that I have with my Silverado. Plus, the Chevy just looks so darn good. And, drives phenomenal. 

I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to ever own a RAM or F150.

That's just me though. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

Not me and, I can honestly say that.

I am completely satisfied with the tech that I have with my Silverado. Plus, the Chevy just looks so darn good. And, drives phenomenal. 

That's just me though. 

For me, I think the GMC just looks better.  I have all the tach in my cars and rarely use things like adaptive cruise.  I will say I love the Rams interior but overall I believe the GMC Sierra is better.  However, the Ram hate is real. 

Technology will always lure people. I did a 2 hour trip on the interstate in my RST today and was thinking of how much I love GM’s new infotainment. It is super responsive, very easy to use, and doesn’t dominate my interior. 

Giant screens are cool in test drives and in pictures, but the sparkle wears off after you own it for a while when you realize it does the same thing an 8” screen does, only more invasively. 

Kind of like an Apple Watch... you drop $400 on one thinking it’s going to revolutionize your life, then you realize it’s just a fancier clock and activity tracker. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wmoor004 said:

I believe many GM/Chevy owners are jealous that Ram pushed the technological and interior envelope.  Denali, the alpha of the GMC line-up lacks technology in my daughters 12k Nissan Sentra.  So, we alway go to the default, reliability.  One of my coworkers has owned a Ram for nearly 20 years and I have never seen any horror stories found in these forums.  Sanes goes for the Ram forum concerning GM/Chevy vehicles.  Honestly, I find it quite amusing but nothing I have read on either forum would sway my decision. 

I had the choice between the two, test drove several trucks, and ultimately picked the Silverado over the F-150 because F-150 was getting outdated, Silverado had a few things that F-150 didn't have (to be fair, F-150 had the sunglasses holder but I never use it anyway), and the Silverado got quite a bit better gas mileage with a little loss in power.

So I compared the Silverado with the Ram.

Ram's gas-guzzling 5.7 Hemi isn't what I'd call technological advance. The $16,000 incentive for the nicely-loaded Laramie 4x4 with leather brought it down to $43k, same price as my Silverado RST 4x4 with Z71 with the $10,000 incentive. Leather's nice, so are all the little gadgets in the Ram, but I ultimately chose the Silverado because it felt right. Silverado handles better on dry roads than the Ram. The Ram had a few clunking sounds when I went over the rail road tracks. Steering was a tad sloppy. The knobs and buttons were a little more confusing on the Ram than the Silverado. I was aware it didn't have stellar reliability record either and that also affected my decision.

F-150, Silverado, or Ram. I picked Silverado.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, econometrics said:

Technology will always lure people. I did a 2 hour trip on the interstate in my RST today and was thinking of how much I love GM’s new infotainment. It is super responsive, very easy to use, and doesn’t dominate my interior. 

Giant screens are cool in test drives and in pictures, but the sparkle wears off after you own it for a while when you realize it does the same thing an 8” screen does, only more invasively. 

Kind of like an Apple Watch... you drop $400 on one thinking it’s going to revolutionize your life, then you realize it’s just a fancier clock and activity tracker. 

Felt the same way with the Benz. When I went from the 2008 C300 to the 2012 F-150, I didn't miss the fancy stereo and DVD player. I barely used it, and regretted paying $3,000 for the multimedia package. Didn't miss it when my 2012 didn't have it!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Joe98 said:

First time I’ve seen that commercial...Priceless!!!  I hope Kate likes to spend a lot of time in the service department at her local Ram dealer cause that’s where she’s gonna be hanging out....

All kidding aside;  the new Ram is a gorgeous looking truck, in and out.  Unfortunately, there reputation precedes them for countless recalls and poor build quality.  JMHO...

Haha yeah really, lots of time at the service dept....

A lot of times, people make threats on the internet but don't mean to carry it out.

Talk me out of a Ram

Talk me out of eating rat poison

Talk me out of hanging myself

Talk me out of shooting myself

Was that a cry for help?

I went to YouTube and watched all the “(Name) is selling their Silverado” videos. Pretty odd marketing mission here... 

Almost every clip paints the Chevy as a solid truck that is simply boring. Many even show some of the nice features it has. 

I guess this is RAM’s new MO? They want to be the “cool” truck on the block with their knob-dial drive selector and iPad screen? 

“Dependability is for losers! Get a truck with sizzle! Buy a RAM!” ??