Talk me out of a Ram.

get the older gm truck with the 6.0 and 6 speed trans. no direct injection! anything with low miles like 30K between 1999-2014

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/chevrolet/silverado/2291988.html

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/chevrolet/silverado/2288139.html

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/chevrolet/silverado/1842362.html

Edited by flyingfool

My 2019 RAM 1500 has been at the dealer for 25 consecutive days for a ton of issues including a water leak in the roof and brake issues among about a dozen other problems. Dealer couldn’t even get brake pads for it...took them 2 weeks! It’s spent a total of 34 days in service since I got it in December. It’s why I’m on this forum....considering a 2019 Sierra since I have a lemon law case going with my RAM. Never buying an FCA product again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, if we’re going by anecdotes, don’t buy a Chevy. They still haven’t fixed my stabilitrak sensor issue on my Silverado. Malibu has been in 14 times in 2 years. Still has an issue with the back door seal, but don’t really care enough at this point and turn the music up louder.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, KARNUT said:

In my years in business I saw many pickups on job sites and at my shop. People who depend on them to make a living. Ford was the one I saw the most. An equal amount of Chevy and Dodge second. Lately Ford and Ram I was usually the only Chevy driver. Usually the bosses, owners drove the king ranch. Nothing shows you made it more than the king ranch with the business people I worked with. That and a Stetson Hat, fancy boots.

The site where I work is mostly Ford and GM. Probably a 50/50 mix of the two brands and maybe 75% half-tons and 25% heavy duty. Honestly, I see as many (few) Tundras and Titans as Rams, with one exception. One of our contractors is still running 15 year old Cummins 2500s.

The site where I work is mostly Ford and GM. Probably a 50/50 mix of the two brands and maybe 75% half-tons and 25% heavy duty. Honestly, I see as many (few) Tundras and Titans as Rams, with one exception. One of our contractors is still running 15 year old Cummins 2500s.

With the Rams I referring to the last 5 years of seeing more Rams around job sites. I think the sales figures reflect that.

Talk you out of a Ram.

Then go check out a NorthSky Blue Metallic LTZ or the GMC equivalent.  

I saw the GMC equivalent last night in NorthSky Blue, and that truck was pretty darn awesome!

But, so is the Silveraado.

Either way, those are some gorgeous pickups imo.

I'm very happy with my NorthSky Blue LT Z71.

I think you would be happy with one too.

On 7/17/2019 at 3:50 PM, Aycock1987 said:

I'll take a Chevrolet any day over a Ram. Sure, you can get a Ram much cheaper with $10k, $15K, and $20K off MSRP but what do you think that does to the value of the truck when it comes to resale... 

Some people actually keep their vehicles.  Pass them down within my family - I could care less about resale value. Regardless of the vehicle - we all take a loss at resale - it’s a bit overrated. My opinion - it only matters to me. ?

Edited by Wmoor004
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, fotomatt1 said:

My 2019 RAM 1500 has been at the dealer for 25 consecutive days for a ton of issues including a water leak in the roof and brake issues among about a dozen other problems. Dealer couldn’t even get brake pads for it...took them 2 weeks! It’s spent a total of 34 days in service since I got it in December. It’s why I’m on this forum....considering a 2019 Sierra since I have a lemon law case going with my RAM. Never buying an FCA product again.

I work with a guy with the same problems with his 2019 Big Horn. Spongy brakes, water leak at the back of the cab, water leak in the firewall area, and now the rear camera is randomly glitching out more and more frequently.

• Like 1

I work with a guy with the same problems with his 2019 Big Horn. Spongy brakes, water leak at the back of the cab, water leak in the firewall area, and now the rear camera is randomly glitching out more and more frequently.

Is he taking legal action? I really just want to get out of the Ram and into an Sierra SLT Premium Plus. My dad has a ‘19 Denali and while not without its issues, it only has a fraction wrong that my Ram has.

8 minutes ago, fotomatt1 said:

Is he taking legal action? I really just want to get out of the Ram and into an Sierra SLT Premium Plus. My dad has a ‘19 Denali and while not without its issues, it only has a fraction wrong that my Ram has.

I assumed he would but so far he hasn't mentioned that option. He has always been a pretty big Mopar fan so I think it would take something like a major mechanical failure before he would go through a lemon law procedure.

What trim is your Ram? It seems like the Limited and Laramie trims have the most issues. It was why I was so surprised my buddy's Ram has had so many problems. I figured he would be alright since it's just a Big Horn.

Edited by HondaHawkGT

It’s a Laramie Level 1. I can tell you that as good as the interior looks, no care went into assembling it. Panel gaps are all uneven inside and out and the stuff I’ve got wrong is inexcusable. The front passenger door keeps coming loose and binding with the rear door, so the front passenger can’t get out unless you open the rear door first. It’s been back for that 4 times so far and nobody has a clue why it keeps moving.

19 hours ago, mookdoc6 said:

If it was my money?  I would be looking at GMC/Chevy whichever one had the most cash on the hood etc..Forget the Adaptive cruise nonsense etc.coming in 2020 see what a pain in the ARSE that becomes if you live in a an area where you replace 2qty windshields every year at a minimum.  Gotta have the 10sp/6.2 fine get it....Need just 87 Octane and 8speed you will have no issues either.  As for the interior you want something that actually works will little to no thought process?  Get the GM.

Note:  My neighbor took his 2019 RAM back to dealership after couple days with a litany of issues electrical etc.  Dude even works for FCA....obviously we don't see eye to eye either...LOL

Note #2 My barber told me the other day his RAM is getting 14-15 city and 17HWY....Brand new didn't complain about anything else and I didn't ask.  I will take a GM and willingly pay 2K more each and every time to avoid DODGE,RAM, Chrysler, Fiat almost Renault..1/4 Daimler whatever they are............................................ 

Ram nearly out sold GM/Chevy combined and I can almost guarantee there are plenty of satisfied customers. At the end of the day there are defective Rams, Chevys, and GMCs.  As for me, I do not believe GMC/Chevy are worth a 2k mark-up.  I am getting a Sierra minus the 2k mark-up. Lol. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HondaHawkGT said:

I assumed he would but so far he hasn't mentioned that option. He has always been a pretty big Mopar fan so I think it would take something like a major mechanical failure before he would go through a lemon law procedure.

What trim is your Ram? It seems like the Limited and Laramie trims have the most issues. It was why I was so surprised my buddy's Ram has had so many problems. I figured he would be alright since it's just a Big Horn.

What are some of the issues on your dads Denali? 

13 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

12v Cummins Rams are a 500,000mi engine in a 50,000mi truck

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Wmoor004 said:

Ram nearly out sold GM/Chevy combined and I can almost guarantee there are plenty of satisfied customers. At the end of the day there are defective Rams, Chevys, and GMCs.  As for me, I do not believe GMC/Chevy are worth a 2k mark-up.  I am getting a Sierra minus the 2k mark-up. Lol. 

I think your incorrect and not factually based.  I don't care which brand you buy honestly?  I  can say for certain you will pay 2K more minimum for the GMC over the RAM apples to apples as close as possible with available trims....LOL  The question is did you overpay after 5years ownership costs and selling?  LOL...don't fool me boy been to many a car sales in my day.