Talk me out of a Ram.

3 hours ago, Wmoor004 said:

Ram nearly out sold GM/Chevy combined and I can almost guarantee there are plenty of satisfied customers. At the end of the day there are defective Rams, Chevys, and GMCs.  As for me, I do not believe GMC/Chevy are worth a 2k mark-up.  I am getting a Sierra minus the 2k mark-up. Lol. 

GM charges too much for the 2019 half-tons relative to what you can get from Ram in a 2019 1500. GM has been stingy so far when it comes to incentives. All spring the best incentives were limited to LT and some RST trims, and the full incentive limited to current owners of competitor's vehicles. Ram's sales numbers so far this year are heavily inflated by the Ram Classic. We also dont know what the breakdown is between half-ton and HD trucks. I think GM broke down sales by half-ton and HD trucks in the latest sales report to dispel part of this claim that the new body style Ram 1500 is blowing the 2019 Silverado/Sierra away in sales. The dirt cheap but decently equipped 2019 Classic is selling like crazy and contributes a lot to Ram newfound sales increase.

11 hours ago, mookdoc6 said:

I think your incorrect and not factually based.  I don't care which brand you buy honestly?  I  can say for certain you will pay 2K more minimum for the GMC over the RAM apples to apples as close as possible with available trims....LOL  The question is did you overpay after 5years ownership costs and selling?  LOL...don't fool me boy been to many a car sales in my day.

Call your children boy.  You do not know me.  And from what I read, there has been a lot of Non factual comments including yours.  Like you boy, I too have seen my share of car sales in my day and that’s why I do not overpay.  Factually, Ram as a company out sold Chevy trucks and GM trucks.  Yet, here I am receiving valuable information from some before I purchase my GM truck. ??‍♂️??‍♂️

Edited by Wmoor004
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, HondaHawkGT said:

GM charges too much for the 2019 half-tons relative to what you can get from Ram in a 2019 1500. GM has been stingy so far when it comes to incentives. All spring the best incentives were limited to LT and some RST trims, and the full incentive limited to current owners of competitor's vehicles. Ram's sales numbers so far this year are heavily inflated by the Ram Classic. We also dont know what the breakdown is between half-ton and HD trucks. I think GM broke down sales by half-ton and HD trucks in the latest sales report to dispel part of this claim that the new body style Ram 1500 is blowing the 2019 Silverado/Sierra away in sales. The dirt cheap but decently equipped 2019 Classic is selling like crazy and contributes a lot to Ram newfound sales increase.

If your going to claim the ram classic is the reason behind rams big sales numbers then you better be including the heavily discounted 2019 obs gm trucks and carryover 2018's in GM's numbers too. 

• Like 2

On 7/21/2019 at 12:52 AM, mookdoc6 said:

If it was my money?  I would be looking at GMC/Chevy whichever one had the most cash on the hood etc..Forget the Adaptive cruise nonsense etc.coming in 2020 see what a pain in the ARSE that becomes if you live in a an area where you replace 2qty windshields every year at a minimum.  Gotta have the 10sp/6.2 fine get it....Need just 87 Octane and 8speed you will have no issues either.  As for the interior you want something that actually works will little to no thought process?  Get the GM.

Note:  My neighbor took his 2019 RAM back to dealership after couple days with a litany of issues electrical etc.  Dude even works for FCA....obviously we don't see eye to eye either...LOL

Note #2 My barber told me the other day his RAM is getting 14-15 city and 17HWY....Brand new didn't complain about anything else and I didn't ask.  I will take a GM and willingly pay 2K more each and every time to avoid DODGE,RAM, Chrysler, Fiat almost Renault..1/4 Daimler whatever they are............................................ 

Amen.

You've been around a while and certainly know what your talkin about imo.

You strike me as the kind a man, that's too old a cat to be chit by a kitten ;)

2 hours ago, MacLaren said:

Amen.

You've been around a while and certainly know what your talkin about imo.

You strike me as the kind a man, that's too old a cat to be chit by a kitten ;)

Smh??‍♂️??‍♂️

Edited by Wmoor004
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wmoor004 said:

Smh.  You must be the kitten referred to in your comment.  Amazing how so called old folk act the most immature on a computer.  If you must know - Even if you count my more than 22 years of active military Service prior to retiring more than 12 years ago - young is still a relative term. Be blessed. Airborne.  ??‍♂️??‍♂️

Pardner, 

You got a real problem and a smart mouth.

I was not talkin to you or about you.

Take that however the heck you want.

40 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

Pardner, 

You got a real problem and a smart mouth.

I was not talkin to you or about you.

Take that however the heck you want.

Yawn.  I was certainly addressing you.  But I am over it.  Enjoy your day  ma’am or sir.  Thank you. 

Edited by Wmoor004

If you need to be talked out of a Ram, then go buy it. Clearly, it is what you want. If you are only buying a GM because that's what you've always bought before, then don't. When I bought my Sierra, I didn't have to be talked into it, it was what I wanted from the start. 

My .02 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jollygreengiant said:

If your going to claim the ram classic is the reason behind rams big sales numbers then you better be including the heavily discounted 2019 obs gm trucks and carryover 2018's in GM's numbers too. 

Except that the 2019 Silverado LD is only offered in an extended cab configuration, is only available with the 5.3+6-speed+3.42 axle ratio, only offers bench seats, only offers cloth interior, and doesn't have any special editions like Ram is offering with the Classic. The Classic offers a lot more of the features buyers want today, hence why it's selling so strong for Ram. You get a lot of stuff in a truck with 20% off MSRP. Unlike the Silverado LD, you can get it in a crew cab with center console and a 3.92 axle ratio. Ram even offers leather in the Classic.

14 minutes ago, HondaHawkGT said:

Except that the 2019 Silverado LD is only offered in an extended cab configuration, is only available with the 5.3+6-speed+3.42 axle ratio, only offers bench seats, only offers cloth interior, and doesn't have any special editions like Ram is offering with the Classic. The Classic offers a lot more of the features buyers want today, hence why it's selling so strong for Ram. You get a lot of stuff in a truck with 20% off MSRP. Unlike the Silverado LD, you can get it in a crew cab with center console and a 3.92 axle ratio. Ram even offers leather in the Classic.

How can we be certain the newer Ram trucks are not the reason behind the staggering numbers.  My local dealerships cannot keep the 19s.  I think the competition is healthy for us a consumers. 

On 7/22/2019 at 1:12 PM, Wmoor004 said:

How can we be certain the newer Ram trucks are not the reason behind the staggering numbers.  My local dealerships cannot keep the 19s.  I think the competition is healthy for us a consumers. 

Competition is great for consumers. That doesn't mean that it's a given that the next gen Ram is the reason for it. Your Ram dealers should talk to my local Ram dealers. They selling more Classics than next gen Ram 1500's.

Edited by HondaHawkGT
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, HondaHawkGT said:

Competition is greatvfor consumers. That doesn't mean that its a given that thenext gen Ram is the reason for it. Your Ram dealers should talk to my local Ram dealers. They selling more Classics than next gen Ram 1500's.

The same formula should be working for GM/Chevy.  In my military town the new generation vehicles are all over:  Rams, Sierra, Chevy mostly

16 hours ago, Wmoor004 said:

It's going to be even better in 2021 when Ford starts selling the updated F150s.  Should be some pretty good incentives on Ram 1500 and GM 1500 pickups by then.

• Like 2