Factory 5th wheel prep

On 1/31/2020 at 4:35 PM, falk1rk said:

Got some dims. From front of bed to center of ball is 50". From center of ball to inside face of tailgate 32.25". Also attached a picture to show position. 22082c9332be9c2e7aa9fb19f93f1ed5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks very much!

On 12/29/2019 at 7:33 PM, Pastusak.t said:

Lifted? No Gm hd has a lift installed from factory and the load floor is actually 1 inch lower than previous gen. I don’t have a fifth wheel so couldn’t tell you myself but I’m sure there is no difference from previous trucks. 

The new 2020 GMC 3500 AT4 HD does have a 2' FACTORY lift added to it.

1 hour ago, dadztoy said:

The new 2020 GMC 3500 AT4 HD does have a 2' FACTORY lift added to it.

Before you get all hot and bothered with your FACTORY lift, why don’t you do a little research. The 1500 does have a FACTORY lift. THE HD TRUCKS DO NOT! This has been common knowledge since the reveal back in January/February 2019. 

1 hour ago, Pastusak.t said:

Before you get all hot and bothered with your FACTORY lift, why don’t you do a little research. The 1500 does have a FACTORY lift. THE HD TRUCKS DO NOT! This has been common knowledge since the reveal back in January/February 2019. 

Actually the 2500’s are taller than last years models

i have one and my in-laws have the 18. Mine is a bit taller. See link and my picture 

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2019/feb/0205-silverado-hd-2020.html

11772F0D-E891-489B-8B6A-319D334567BA.png

1 hour ago, Jasonv93 said:

Actually the 2500’s are taller than last years models

i have one and my in-laws have the 18. Mine is a bit taller. See link and my picture 

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2019/feb/0205-silverado-hd-2020.html

11772F0D-E891-489B-8B6A-319D334567BA.png

He wasnt talking about the previous gen. Yes they are taller but all trims are taller. He was saying that the at4 was 2” tall than the other trims, which is not accurate.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pastusak.t said:

He wasnt talking about the previous gen. Yes they are taller but all trims are taller. He was saying that the at4 was 2” tall than the other trims, which is not accurate.

What is the bed height from the rails to the ground on the factory 3500 AT4's?

1 hour ago, dadztoy said:

What is the bed height from the rails to the ground on the factory 3500 AT4's?

Well that number could be all over the place depending on what wheels you have and tire size. A more uniform way to measure would be to measure the bed wall height. (Top of the rail to bed floor)  

On a 2020 HD 2500/3500 the bed wall height is 21”.

On a 2020 1500 the bed wall height is 22.4”.

On a 2019 2500/3500 the bed wall height is 21.1” 

Yes the truck compared to last gen is taller. But that doesn't mean it has a lift. It’s a bigger truck in all dimensions. But per GM, the load floor (bed floor) is 1” lower than last gen. So if the bed wall height is virtually the same and the load floor is 1” lower then the bed rails would be 1” lower than the comparable 2019. 

None of that means anything tho. You said the at4 HD has a 2” inch lift. It does not. It is the standard ride height that all the Chevy/gmc trucks share. Go to your nearest gmc dealer and look at a at4 HD next to any other trim. It will be the same height. With the exception of the work truck. With the smaller wheels and smaller tire size it will be shorter. 

912B7891-EC99-4595-9850-6427C423F330.jpeg

On 1/28/2020 at 11:50 AM, dadztoy said:

We have been using the Andersen for a few years now. Love it. It will NOT work in the 2020 standard box. Conflict at the tailgate. The new Pullrite will work. The 2600 Pull Lite can be "adjusted" forward or to the rear, at the hitch itself. It uses a reversed system, where the hitch is a "cup" and the pin becomes the ball. Kind of an "Upside Down Andersen". The hitch will require a 2-piece addition under the bed to add rigidity where the plates ride, to prevent the bed from dimpling. GM's new cross supports were moved with the new frame design. We're going to give it a shot. 

#2600 Owner’s manual.

With the 2600 you do not need the under bed supports. Use the puck plugs like it says in the manual.

If your GM truck features the OE prep package for towing, use the GM OE Puck Plug kit (part #2620) in place of the#2616 kit. The plugs fill the gap between truck bed and the tops of the pucks, adding bed support to the SuperLite’s BedSaver rails.

PUCK

KIT INSTRUCTIONS:

- First, remove the (4) OE Puck Covers.
- Holding the top of the plug, place the bottom of the Plug into the GM Puck. The Plug will fit loosely. Center within hole.- Repeat with the other three plugs. Make sure all (4) plugs are set into each puck location.
The Pullrite 2600 hitch is ready to Install.

GM OE PUCK PLUGS

• 2 weeks later...

New to this, please don't bash me. Didn't do my research before I purchased my 2020-2500. I'm trying to find a solution for a clean bed system, and also to tow a 5th wheel. Would Pullrite's 2600 Superlite, or 3900 Super5th be compatible with the Curt 60642. Curt mentioned that the placement of the ball would be the same as if it came from factory.  Any input would be appreciated 

2 hours ago, Mark Ramirez said:

New to this, please don't bash me. Didn't do my research before I purchased my 2020-2500. I'm trying to find a solution for a clean bed system, and also to tow a 5th wheel. Would Pullrite's 2600 Superlite, or 3900 Super5th be compatible with the Curt 60642. Curt mentioned that the placement of the ball would be the same as if it came from factory.  Any input would be appreciated 

Having the 5th wheel kingpin changed to a Reese Goose Box is about as simple and clean as you can get. They are a little more pricey than the bed kingpin hitches that are usually seen, but the only thing you need is the ball in the bed. The ride is dampened with an airbag included in the hitch that can be adjusted for comfort or necessity. They have a 16k or 20k version, depending on how heavy your 5er is. There are many options to choose from, but the Reese is my preferred setup for the clean bed when not towing. It is also the only gooseball connection that Lippert approves of for their frames. Just some money changing hands, I'm sure, but still worth noting if you're getting a newer 5er that has warranty.

On 2/7/2020 at 7:54 AM, FP53 said:

With the 2600 you do not need the under bed supports. Use the puck plugs like it says in the manual.

If your GM truck features the OE prep package for towing, use the GM OE Puck Plug kit (part #2620) in place of the#2616 kit. The plugs fill the gap between truck bed and the tops of the pucks, adding bed support to the SuperLite’s BedSaver rails.

PUCK

KIT INSTRUCTIONS:

- First, remove the (4) OE Puck Covers.
- Holding the top of the plug, place the bottom of the Plug into the GM Puck. The Plug will fit loosely. Center within hole.- Repeat with the other three plugs. Make sure all (4) plugs are set into each puck location.
The Pullrite 2600 hitch is ready to Install.

GM OE PUCK PLUGS

Actually the puck plugs are not needed they do not work. I can send pics of it.

Edited by FP53

On 2/3/2020 at 9:50 AM, Pastusak.t said:

Well that number could be all over the place depending on what wheels you have and tire size. A more uniform way to measure would be to measure the bed wall height. (Top of the rail to bed floor)  

On a 2020 HD 2500/3500 the bed wall height is 21”.

On a 2020 1500 the bed wall height is 22.4”.

On a 2019 2500/3500 the bed wall height is 21.1” 

Yes the truck compared to last gen is taller. But that doesn't mean it has a lift. It’s a bigger truck in all dimensions. But per GM, the load floor (bed floor) is 1” lower than last gen. So if the bed wall height is virtually the same and the load floor is 1” lower then the bed rails would be 1” lower than the comparable 2019. 

None of that means anything tho. You said the at4 HD has a 2” inch lift. It does not. It is the standard ride height that all the Chevy/gmc trucks share. Go to your nearest gmc dealer and look at a at4 HD next to any other trim. It will be the same height. With the exception of the work truck. With the smaller wheels and smaller tire size it will be shorter. 

912B7891-EC99-4595-9850-6427C423F330.jpeg

What is the bed box sides height, to the ground, on the 3500 AT4 standard bed?