Factory 5th wheel prep

Mounted b&w, with my 5th wheel i have about 52 inches. Haven't finished the install due to time but did get a test hitch up to verify distance. Visually I don't see a difference between this truck and my lbz long bed I just got rid of as far as clearance between cab and trailer cap. That's not scientific, I know, but a good sign. Hope to test it out soon on my somewhat tight and steep driveway soon.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, joelabq said:

Mounted b&w, with my 5th wheel i have about 52 inches. Haven't finished the install due to time but did get a test hitch up to verify distance. Visually I don't see a difference between this truck and my lbz long bed I just got rid of as far as clearance between cab and trailer cap. That's not scientific, I know, but a good sign. Hope to test it out soon on my somewhat tight and steep driveway soon.

Do you have a 6'9" bed?

Very happy with this setup. I'll never do this sharp of a manuever but at 85 degrees I still had 2 inches on uneven ground. I did straight up configuration on the b&w, so I could do yep more inches back if I wanted. Each fifth wheel is different so your mileage may vary. 1735606dcb089e0f8c52f8691192c384.jpg9a9df8f0f1f027bda832d0951dde91aa.jpg88cf4c009f5a7988a3f44c8068ff0c0e.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I have the 2020 hd high country. The difference cost me $800 to fix. Old Pull Rite system would not work. Had to order a Demco adapter.The new system  makes the fifth wheel hitch set back at least 6” from previous years and now causes chalking and hopping very badly. It’s not a good system as of yet. The ball joint is at least 6” behind center of axle. 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Jasonv93 said:

Anyone with the new Chevy 2500hdhave issues hooking up to their fifth wheel as the new truck is lifted by gm. 

Lifted? No Gm hd has a lift installed from factory and the load floor is actually 1 inch lower than previous gen. I don’t have a fifth wheel so couldn’t tell you myself but I’m sure there is no difference from previous trucks. 

36 minutes ago, Pastusak.t said:

Lifted? No Gm hd has a lift installed from factory and the load floor is actually 1 inch lower than previous gen. I don’t have a fifth wheel so couldn’t tell you myself but I’m sure there is no difference from previous trucks. 

The new 2020 2500HD are a few inches higher than past gen. sitting on the tailgate, I feel higher than my other truck. 

31 minutes ago, Jasonv93 said:

The new 2020 2500HD are a few inches higher than past gen. sitting on the tailgate, I feel higher than my other truck. 

• One-inch-lower bed lift-in height compared to the 2019 Sierra Heavy Duty, providing easier loading and fifth-wheel and gooseneck trailer hitching11

Direct from gmc website. 

https://media.gmc.com/media/us/en/gmc/vehicles/sierra_hd_denali/2020.html

Edited by Pastusak.t

10 hours ago, Pastusak.t said:
  • One-inch-lower bed lift-in height compared to the 2019 Sierra Heavy Duty, providing easier loading and fifth-wheel and gooseneck trailer hitching11

Direct from gmc website. 

https://media.gmc.com/media/us/en/gmc/vehicles/sierra_hd_denali/2020.html

thats correct - the 1/2 ton and 3/4 tailgates \beds are different now due to bed heights. they did not want the beds getting too high for fifth wheels . my dealer did not know that when they got first 3/4 ton in and tried to put kicker speaker on tailgate that they had from a 1/2 ton 

I just bought a 2020 3500 sierra standard bed. Center hole of 5th wheel prep is 46.5" from rear of cab.

Moving to 5th wheel soon and looking at anderson or goosebox. Measured my buddies 2019 sierra 3500 standard bed and he was only 37" from the cab.

I still can't believe it and want to go back and measure again. 11.5" more clearance to back of cab?

I think with the grand design I'm getting, should have no clearance issues with their angled front cap.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, dalek77 said:

I just bought a 2020 3500 sierra standard bed. Center hole of 5th wheel prep is 46.5" from rear of cab.

Moving to 5th wheel soon and looking at anderson or goosebox. Measured my buddies 2019 sierra 3500 standard bed and he was only 37" from the cab.

I still can't believe it and want to go back and measure again. 11.5" more clearance to back of cab?

I think with the grand design I'm getting, should have no clearance issues with their angled front cap.

Just picked up our new to us fifth wheel. Here’s the space in box hooked up to my 2020 Chevy 2500HD reg box

98B4BFC3-1EB0-4D9C-AE17-8CBCC2693BD8.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up my 2020 GMC 3500 AT4 Duramax standard bed. I was using the Pullrite Superglide 2700 on my previous truck so I just ordered the Demco 6333 adapter plate. Pullrite has not released their adapter yet. They told me mid February. Keeping my fingers crossed that Demco adapter and Pullrite 2700 Superglide work well together. I've also have the Morryde pin box on my 5'er. 

On 1/3/2020 at 10:10 PM, dalek77 said:

Your wheelbase and overall length are also longer (5 inches on wheelbase, 10 inches on overall).

2019 3500 crewcab standard box wheelbase is 153.7, overall is 239.5

2020 3500 crewcab standard box wheelbase is 158.9, overall is 249.95