Factory 5th wheel prep

We have been using the Andersen for a few years now. Love it. It will NOT work in the 2020 standard box. Conflict at the tailgate. The new Pullrite will work. The 2600 Pull Lite can be "adjusted" forward or to the rear, at the hitch itself. It uses a reversed system, where the hitch is a "cup" and the pin becomes the ball. Kind of an "Upside Down Andersen". The hitch will require a 2-piece addition under the bed to add rigidity where the plates ride, to prevent the bed from dimpling. GM's new cross supports were moved with the new frame design. We're going to give it a shot. 

#2600 Owner’s manual.

On 10/21/2019 at 1:32 PM, powerhaulic said:

Back window to ball center on my PullRite SuperLite is 47.25", which is about 2" ahead of the gooseneck ball hole.

Obviously I decided to not use a slider.

Can I get a pic of your hitched unit? We just purchased a new 2020 3500HD AT4 CC standard bed. We have been using an Andersen with our ORV 28RKS. We're looking at your setup.

I have used the Andersen in my 2020 standard bed and it works fine.  In my old truck it worked with the part on the trailer pin facing forward but with the 2020 I had to turn it around to face backward but works just fine (this is also talked about in the instruction from Andersen so it is OK to run this way).  I don't hit the tailgate and I can get my trailer to almost 90 without hitting the cab.

Just got Demco 6333. Works great with superglide ISR 2900 same height as old rails

Does anyone have an idea about adapters for the puck systems?  Does a company make a universal one?  I have a B&W Patriot that is new.  I'd hate to have to buy another hitch.

17 hours ago, falk1rk said:

I have used the Andersen in my 2020 standard bed and it works fine.  In my old truck it worked with the part on the trailer pin facing forward but with the 2020 I had to turn it around to face backward but works just fine (this is also talked about in the instruction from Andersen so it is OK to run this way).  I don't hit the tailgate and I can get my trailer to almost 90 without hitting the cab.

May we see a picture of your install please??

Here is a photo of the truck and trailer hooked up. Also a photo of the pin portion in place on the trailer. I dont have a picture of the hitch in the bed but will put it in over the weekend and post it. 85299ea869fa3eef29241566b4d26987.jpga81b2254e0a9a58203e934e9975b4415.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, falk1rk said:

Here is a photo of the truck and trailer hooked up. Also a photo of the pin portion in place on the trailer. I dont have a picture of the hitch in the bed but will put it in over the weekend and post it. 85299ea869fa3eef29241566b4d26987.jpga81b2254e0a9a58203e934e9975b4415.jpg

Thanks!!! How far from the tailgate is the Andersen ball??

All my goose necks and fifth-wheels have been closer to the cab then that. That looks a little odd. I would want some more weight over the rear axle.
His pinbox just sticks out from the front cap more than others, especially more than a momentum which I have. Weight is still connected and pushing down on the ball.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, dalek77 said:

His pinbox just sticks out from the front cap more than others, especially more than a momentum which I have. Weight is still connected and pushing down on the ball.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It just looks like it could be a ft closer. All mine were not extended out like that. They were directly under the camper, not extended like  that. I’m sure there’s a reason, just looks off.

Never measured it but I will find out this weekend.
Got some dims. From front of bed to center of ball is 50". From center of ball to inside face of tailgate 32.25". Also attached a picture to show position. 22082c9332be9c2e7aa9fb19f93f1ed5.jpg