Factory 5th wheel prep

I know they moved to ball back two inches behind the axle. Just eyeballing the four puck holes the ball does look further to the rear in their pattern. That’s all I’ve heard they changed. I am counting on the pattern being the same as 2019.

16 minutes ago, powerhaulic said:

I just got conformation from Curt, the pattern has changed for 2020. So our hitches or ISR adapters are now useless. :(

So the F-R and R-L dimensions between the puck locations has changed, as well as the centering of the grouping relative to the rear axle?

42 minutes ago, redwngr said:

So the F-R and R-L dimensions between the puck locations has changed, as well as the centering of the grouping relative to the rear axle?

What dimensions are unknown, only that they are different.

On 7/15/2019 at 4:26 PM, powerhaulic said:

I just got conformation from Curt, the pattern has changed for 2020. So our hitches or ISR adapters are now useless. :(

When you say you got a confirmation from Curt, you mean that you emailed them?

Curt is normally the 5th Wheel puck option on the Build and Price tool, but I don't even see an offering from them as an option. I might need to get a gooseball adapter like the B&W Companion or the Andersen Ultimate Hitch because I'm not replacing the inbox on my RV.

I'm surprised that no one else has picked up on this...

EDIT: I got in touch with with Andre at TFLTruck and they are going to research this topic and do a write up. I sent him a link to this thread.

Edited by ApertureX

As I stated above, Curt will be the first one to market with an ISR adapter for the 2020 HD.

I believe I will be among the first to have one. I am a dealer for RV and other powersports, and have contacted several manufacturers about the availability of hitch adapters.

my '20 hit the line today, I emailed Curt as well, they are in the process of design.  I asked if it would be available by Labor Day weekend and it was a maybe.  I'm SOL, if not, I have camping reservations and will have a lonely 5ht wheel sitting in the driveway without a hitch to pull it with.  I expect the truck here by 8/15, if I cannot get the hitch in time, it may sit on the back lot for 2 weeks. 

5 hours ago, Shawn T said:

my '20 hit the line today, I emailed Curt as well, they are in the process of design.  I asked if it would be available by Labor Day weekend and it was a maybe.  I'm SOL, if not, I have camping reservations and will have a lonely 5ht wheel sitting in the driveway without a hitch to pull it with.  I expect the truck here by 8/15, if I cannot get the hitch in time, it may sit on the back lot for 2 weeks. 

I know there are hitches that connect to the gooseneck ball.  I'm assuming you already have a hitch but there are options with the ball mount type.  

7 hours ago, JDT4719 said:

I know there are hitches that connect to the gooseneck ball.  I'm assuming you already have a hitch but there are options with the ball mount type.  

Not that easy, as GM changed the pattern of the other 4 pins. They are used to prevent rotation around the gooseneck ball when using an adapter.

57 minutes ago, powerhaulic said:

Not that easy, as GM changed the pattern of the other 4 pins. They are used to prevent rotation around the gooseneck ball when using an adapter.

The "pins" or "pucks" are for mounting a 5th wheel hitch. They have nothing to do with a goose ball adapter. Look at the Andersen Ultimate hitch, or the B&W Companion that uses the goose ball instead of the pucks. They ONLY attaches to the goose ball and does use the pucks at all.

https://andersenhitches.com/Catalog/gooseneck-mount--ultimate-5th-wheel-connection.aspx

https://www.bwtrailerhitches.com/companion-single-point-attachment

Either of these would be the solution to connect 5th wheel RVs (and other 5th wheel connections) that will still work on the new trucks if you already own it, because it isn't reliant on the puck placement.

I had one of the B&W Companion hitches that used their Turnover ball mount (gooseneck) and it worked very well.  I used it for several years before going with an air ride hitch that uses rails or an adapter.  It was on a truck that had nothing but the gooseneck ball mount system.  There was no issue with it spinning.