Factory 5th wheel prep

If anyone has received or has access to a 2020 with the gooseneck/5th wheel prep package and a standard (6'7") bed, could you measure from the center of the goose ball location to the back of the cab? I can't find this specification anywhere.

I would also like to know what the measurements are as outlined below and possibly see how this compares to previous models. Seems as though some will have their trucks before adapters are ready and would like to look at all options as we have trips planned before the end of the year and our new truck will arrive before then.

image.png.cc6f43143a49471c8fed7a352735abb7.png

I understand how the Anderson works, I have a PullRite SuperLite that attaches via ISR rails.

So I need an adapter to provide ISR rails, thats why it matters on the puck position in my application.

PullRite does make a version to attach directly to the goose ball mount, it is just not what I have

Edited by powerhaulic

14 hours ago, JDT4719 said:

I know there are hitches that connect to the gooseneck ball.  I'm assuming you already have a hitch but there are options with the ball mount type.  

Good point, maybe I will hit the local RV dealer and see if I can demo a 5th wheel-to-gooseneck adapter for one trip.  All I would have to do it buy the ball, and return the adapter. It's worth a shot.  I'm going to keep on Curt to see if they can nail down a date when available. 

On 7/31/2019 at 10:54 AM, Cool J said:

I would also like to know what the measurements are as outlined below and possibly see how this compares to previous models. Seems as though some will have their trucks before adapters are ready and would like to look at all options as we have trips planned before the end of the year and our new truck will arrive before then.

image.png.cc6f43143a49471c8fed7a352735abb7.png

In ROUND numbers, 2020 goes like this with dimensions being center to center (dimensions in parentheses are from MY19 truck using same measurement technique):

A) 22.25" (was 28 for MY19)

B) 13 (was ~ 22")

C and D) half of A

E) Not measured but same as H and same as B minus G

F) Same as D

G) 8.75 (was 7")

H) B minus G

Truth be told, a friend of mine did the measuring and I'm just reporting what he found.

Not gunna be easy for me to hack up my demco adapter to fit the new truck. ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Comfort Ride Hitch is looking for someone with a 2020 GM/GMC HD truck to test fit their 5th wheel hitch adapter in the Vancouver, WA area. According to the FB page you will receive the adapter for free along with a discount on a new hitch and free camping in your RV on there property during the installation and test.

https://www.facebook.com/ComfortRideHitch

PullRite and Demco are both in the process of manufacturing an adapter setup for the 2020 GM OEM puck mounts and hope to have them available in the next couple weeks.  This is important for those of us that have already have the PullRite SuperGlide or Demco Autoslide.  PullRite states that their GM OEM puck adapter rails will raise the SuperGlide approx 4" compared to the ISR rails.  Demco did not say how much their adapter rails would raise their Autoslide but I'm guessing it will be about the same as PullRite.  Neither company would provide a timeline as to when they would have a OEM puck slider hitch available without having to use the adapter rails.

On 7/31/2019 at 1:38 PM, Shawn T said:

Good point, maybe I will hit the local RV dealer and see if I can demo a 5th wheel-to-gooseneck adapter for one trip.  All I would have to do it buy the ball, and return the adapter. It's worth a shot.  I'm going to keep on Curt to see if they can nail down a date when available. 

The two biggest options that I have been researching are the Andersen and the Reese goosebox.  The goosebox is approved by Lippert who make 95% of 5th wheel frames and Andersen has a warranty that will pay for any damages.  Both run off of the gooseneck connection and from what I can find the standard/short bed are good to go for most trailers.

Is anyone  rigged  up anything 

No one company would  give  me a time when will be available 

We just keep canceling camping trips

If I know I would  waited buying  the truck?

Taking a look at this video from the recent GMC towing event for the media, that is a Curt hitch (@ 3:55 in the timeline) attached to the 5th wheel in the back of the 3500HD. Maybe they are close to a release...

Edited by ApertureX