AT4 vs Denali

I know there are a few articles about this out there but I haven't been able to find anything that actually fully addresses it and I know some of you know every single detail about these trucks so I figured I'd ask here.

If I configure a 2020 GMC Denali HD with the Ultimate package and then configure the same truck as AT4 with the AT4 premium package the total price difference is exactly $1000.  What am I getting in the Denali that I wouldn't get in the AT4 and is there anything I would get in the AT4 that wouldn't be in the Denali.

Also, if the $50 Trailer TPMS option isn't ordered with the truck can these be added afterwards and be monitored on the DIC or does it have to come ordered with them.

Thanks

What you get on the AT4 Premium Package is standard on the Denali which brings the AT4 closer to the Denali price. Then the Denali Ultimate Package is the same as the AT4 Technology Package which is nearly the same price with the exception of the Power Sunroof which is included in the Denali Ultimate Package. If you want a sunroof in the AT4 it would cost you $996.00. As previously mentioned, I would purchase the sensors when ordering the truck as the salesman told me they would cost $150 if purchased in the future.

PTT         Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors, includes set of 4 sensors. Sensor functionality requires (U1D) In-vehicle Trailering App to be ordered with the vehicle and installed by the factory. Sensors will be shipped loose with the truck and will need to be installed on trailer by customer. System is capable of monitoring up to 6 wheels. Additional or replacement sensors are available through GM Accessories

I think I read the system can monitor 6 trailer tires.

1 hour ago, Cool J said:

What you get on the AT4 Premium Package is standard on the Denali which brings the AT4 closer to the Denali price. Then the Denali Ultimate Package is the same as the AT4 Technology Package which is nearly the same price with the exception of the Power Sunroof which is included in the Denali Ultimate Package. If you want a sunroof in the AT4 it would cost you $996.00. As previously mentioned, I would purchase the sensors when ordering the truck as the salesman told me they would cost $150 if purchased in the future.

Yeah, when I built the AT4 I added the sunroof and the AT4 premium package and it was still $1000 more for the Denali.  As far as I could tell, once the Premium package and sunroof were added to the AT4 it had all the same options as the Denali.  I suppose the $1000 could be for slightly different finishes but was just curious if anyone knew for sure.  

1 hour ago, redwngr said:

PTT         Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors, includes set of 4 sensors. Sensor functionality requires (U1D) In-vehicle Trailering App to be ordered with the vehicle and installed by the factory. Sensors will be shipped loose with the truck and will need to be installed on trailer by customer. System is capable of monitoring up to 6 wheels. Additional or replacement sensors are available through GM Accessories

I think I read the system can monitor 6 trailer tires.

Yeah it can monitor 6 tires but I've noticed most of the trucks about to hit dealer lots (the ones that have window stickers already) didn't have the PTT option included.  From what @dlockwood26 said it would be $300 for 4 sensors if ordered aftermarket as opposed to $50 for 4 sensors if ordered with the truck.  But it sounds like they will still work they just require U1D which is standard on both the AT4 and Denali.

2 hours ago, brclark82 said:

Yeah, when I built the AT4 I added the sunroof and the AT4 premium package and it was still $1000 more for the Denali.  As far as I could tell, once the Premium package and sunroof were added to the AT4 it had all the same options as the Denali.  I suppose the $1000 could be for slightly different finishes but was just curious if anyone knew for sure.  

Yeah it can monitor 6 tires but I've noticed most of the trucks about to hit dealer lots (the ones that have window stickers already) didn't have the PTT option included.  From what @dlockwood26 said it would be $300 for 4 sensors if ordered aftermarket as opposed to $50 for 4 sensors if ordered with the truck.  But it sounds like they will still work they just require U1D which is standard on both the AT4 and Denali.

U1D    In-vehicle Trailering App, System, includes checklist, trailer maintenance reminders, trailer security alerts, trailer mileage, tow/haul reminder, trailer electrical diagnostics and Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor System module
SLE - Included and only available with (ZL6) ProGrade Trailering System or with (PDQ) Preferred Package. Includes trailer tire pressure monitoring alert ONLY when (PTT) trailer tire pressure monitor system is factory ordered and sensors are installed 
SLT, AT4, Denali - Includes trailer tire pressure monitoring alert ONLY when (PTT) trailer tire pressure monitor system is factory ordered and sensors are installed

I was told the difference in the AT4 and the Denali, when I ordered mine was the seats. In the Denali the are all, front and back, better leather.

Feel it.

I prefer the exterior of the AT4 but want the Denali seats so went with the Denali and will change the grill out. 

I prefer the 6 spoke polished rims and will change them also.

I still cant figure out why the customer can not order what they want from the start when it is all available.

I ordered my 2012 GMC SLT with everything except a sunroof (I do not like them) to make it as close to possible as a Denali.  There are just somethings that you cannot match, but you cannot tell by looking at the accessories.  The leather on the seats are different and the amplifier in the Bose system is different even though it looks the same on the accessory page, and the chrome/painted to match bumpers, trim, grill, etc just cannot be matched.  Even on current models, these are different.

12 hours ago, MORSNO said:

I ordered my 2012 GMC SLT with everything except a sunroof (I do not like them) to make it as close to possible as a Denali.  There are just somethings that you cannot match, but you cannot tell by looking at the accessories.  The leather on the seats are different and the amplifier in the Bose system is different even though it looks the same on the accessory page, and the chrome/painted to match bumpers, trim, grill, etc just cannot be matched.  Even on current models, these are different.

Speaking of the SLT, I saw this 2020 on Autotrader, I like the looks of the chrome bumpers....tough choice between that and a Denali

a4a1bc4844534ce0bd7258cb3858d357.jpg

6fa58265d1804b9bb506d40be81d204c.jpg

842f7cd436644f32bd8afa30e689cd4b.jpg

• Like 1

As I understand, the only real seat difference is the rear seat is leather appointed on Denali, leather look on AT4. I don't sit in the back, so whatever. I wanted the black chrome appearance this time.

12 way seats on Denali (vs 10 way on others) from previous years are gone. (on HD, in 2019, AN3 seats were 12 way on Denali, 10 way on SLT)

Standard on 25/35 SLT, AT4 and Denali:     

A7K    Seat adjuster, passenger 10-way power including lumbar      
A45    Driver memory, recalls driver "presets" for power driver seat and outside mirrors      
KA1    Seating, heated driver and front outboard passenger (heated option is available  on SLE)

Standard on AT4, Denali, optional on SLT (on SLT as part of a package)
 KQV    Seats, ventilated driver and front passenger
 KA6    Seats, heated second row outboard seats ( - Requires a Crew Cab model)

Edited by redwngr

So it looks like from the research I've done the only differences are the seat coverings (higher quality leather that is all black as opposed to brown inserts, as well real leather in the rear bench seat), grille, and wheels.  That probably makes sense to me given the price difference is only $1000.

Now back to the Trailer TPMS and this wording from GM:

SLT, AT4, Denali - Includes trailer tire pressure monitoring alert ONLY when (PTT) trailer tire pressure monitor system is factory ordered and sensors are installed

So does this mean that if you order the sensors aftermarket that they will work and display pressures but it won't actually alert you to an issue?  Or is it trying to say the senors have to be ordered with the truck to work at all?  Because I'm pretty sure it's already been proven that aftermarket sensors will work (I believe).

On 7/20/2019 at 9:37 AM, brclark82 said:

I know there are a few articles about this out there but I haven't been able to find anything that actually fully addresses it and I know some of you know every single detail about these trucks so I figured I'd ask here.

If I configure a 2020 GMC Denali HD with the Ultimate package and then configure the same truck as AT4 with the AT4 premium package the total price difference is exactly $1000.  What am I getting in the Denali that I wouldn't get in the AT4 and is there anything I would get in the AT4 that wouldn't be in the Denali.

Also, if the $50 Trailer TPMS option isn't ordered with the truck can these be added afterwards and be monitored on the DIC or does it have to come ordered with them.

Thanks

It appears like there's an all black wheel option for the AT4's, I don't see this on the build options....

d418fca274fd49e6aa7a35713e0891ff.jpg

d8ca97c088b646128e4b46c84c518dba.jpg

23 minutes ago, MrChips said:

It appears like there's an all black wheel option for the AT4's, I don't see this on the build options....

d418fca274fd49e6aa7a35713e0891ff.jpg

d8ca97c088b646128e4b46c84c518dba.jpg

Wow... those are ugly. They must belong on the silverado?. But seriously I hope you don’t have to pay extra for those!