AT4 vs Denali

8 hours ago, Turtlern56 said:

The AT4 HD doesn’t include the subwoofer with premium Bose sound package. 6vs7 speakers if I recall correctly. I know my AT4 HD didn’t. In fact the Rear speakers are barely Even audible.  Definitely plan on adding the woofer. Badly needed. 

Say what?  The Bose in the AT4 should be the same as the Bose in the Denali.

I do agree though that the stereo could use a little more ooomph.  If it didn't mean losing my underseat storage, I'd be putting the Kicker subwoofer in mine.  Who knows, maybe I still will.

There is a 6 speaker system standard on the AT4, but from the 2020 order guide it appears that if added, the Bose option is the same as the one that is standard on Denali:

UQF    Audio system feature, 6-speaker system
1 - Requires Crew Cab or Double Cab model.

Available on SLT and AT4, standard on Denali:

UQA    Bose Sound System, premium 7-speaker system with Richbass woofer
 -- SLT - Included and only available with (PDY) SLT Preferred Package.
 -- AT4 - Included and only available with (PDO) AT4 Preferred Package. 

Edited by redwngr

i know on the GMC build site with AT4 premium and technology packages with BOSE system included and here is what the description says if you click on it. May require additional optional equipment See photo. So I just figured with the Denali the woofer was under the seat standard because it has no such description on its build site.   Also window stickers are different. Again both are Bose systems 

pic 1  Bose Description on Premium AT4 build  

pic 2 Denali 

pic 3 Loaded AT4

so I really don’t other than my AT4 doesn’t 

actually both say may require additional equipment so maybe just an extra add on on both trucks  Idk. Wish mine came with it. 

3860ED65-4D26-420F-8721-BBBC5D13C5B0.png

02F4A33F-8674-422B-8EC5-E8C09EF79B33.png

852142F4-6215-4D02-BFF0-8A67E9287EDD.png

Edited by Turtlern56

The Bose systems very among the models, they may look like the same units but they have different amplifiers and different size subwoofers.  Just like the leather varies between the models, feel it with your hands, it is not the same between the SLT, High Country, Denali.

• 1 month later...

I currently have a 2017 Sierra Denali Ultimate 1500.  Really dislike the blue in the dash, had a SLT that had red, so much easier on the eyes imo. 

Stepped aboard a 2020 2500 Denali diesel yesterday.  Seating position wasn't as comfortable as my 1500.  There is no peddle adjustment, the dead peddle angle has increased and limits stretch room for the left foot.  Supposedly these vehicles have more space but it doesn't make them more comfortable.  The seats could do with more adjustment, wouldn't hurt to be a little bigger and the steering wheel telescope could do with a couple of inches more adjustment.  The stereo in this model was very nice sounding, full and rich.  

In terms of the AT4, I don't think you can get the offroad package in Denali spec.  Belly plates, shocks etc... GM thinks that Denali's never leave the asphalt.

2 hours ago, Agriont said:

I currently have a 2017 Sierra Denali Ultimate 1500.  Really dislike the blue in the dash, had a SLT that had red, so much easier on the eyes imo. 

GMC dropped the red backlighting a few years ago. Both chev and gmc use the blue now. 

( I was also fan of the red...Pontiac used it too...)

Edited by redwngr