On 9/28/2019 at 11:31 AM, cmysstailights said:

Only reason why i like living on this shitty island. Its all i use in my 2 trucks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yes I can understand.     The taxes, traffic and cost of living is enough to force people out!

• Like 1

TFL episode last night mentioned they tested the new 6.6L gasser pulling 16k down and back up the Ike.  They were teasing the video since it's not out yet but I'm excited to see this test.

• Like 1

The 6.6 gasser will out pull the 6.0 no doubt.    Similar to comparing a small block to a big block.  No replacement for displacement!!

Yea but remember how that 6.0 shit all over that ram 6.4 going up that big hill. In theory though it should do better but I don’t fully believe in the whole replacement for displacement. It will be interesting to see the comparison to the 7.3 gasser.... for some reason I see the 6.6 doing just as good.lol
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, kenny_r said:

Yea but remember how that 6.0 shit all over that ram 6.4 going up that big hill. In theory though it should do better but I don’t fully believe in the whole replacement for displacement. It will be interesting to see the comparison to the 7.3 gasser.... for some reason I see the 6.6 doing just as good.lol

9 hours ago, Teach said:

Interesting to see if the 7.3 Ford can hang on to it’s spark plugs, maybe so tight that it won’t let them be removed in one piece.  ?

If the 7.3 is as good and durable as the 6.2 they run in the SD, it'll be a hit for Ford. I think that GM and Ford have much more potential with these HD gas engines than they offer with them, simply because they designed them more to be daily workhorses and not so much hot rods. I don't think anyone can go wrong with either engine, honestly.

• Like 1

All I can say is overlay the torque graphs between the 6.6 and the 7.3.  They are nearly identical from start to peak to finish and GM could accomplish it with 44 fewer cubic inches... The Ford would have been impressive being released in the early 2000s with the hp and torque numbers it generates...today... not so much.  It hardly beats the outgoing V10 for torque...

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 7:58 AM, ShotgunZ71 said:

If the 7.3 is as good and durable as the 6.2 they run in the SD, it'll be a hit for Ford. I think that GM and Ford have much more potential with these HD gas engines than they offer with them, simply because they designed them more to be daily workhorses and not so much hot rods. I don't think anyone can go wrong with either engine, honestly.

Right, I didn't buy my 6.6 gasser to be a hot rod. I know it isn't the fastest truck on the road. But it will get the job done when I need it to for many years to come.

• Like 3

I bought a 2020 2500 Crew Cab Standard Bed 6.6L Gas about 3 weeks ago and have about 1400 miles right now. I am one of those that baby it until at least the first oil change lol, so I don't have a lot of feedback to provide yet though I plan to participate here often and will plan to do so. I will be casual driving and trailering various trailers and loads with this truck. 

Computer is saying 13.5 - 14 mpg so far. I plan to test myself on next full tank. 

Edited by Bopper21