18 minutes ago, bruklnboy said:

Just finished 1st full tank on 2500 Double cab, 50/50 city hwy avgd mid 13s. great throttle response compared to my 6.0, looking forward to towing & towing #s

hmm glad i passed on the gasser. I live in Colorado on my test drive i found it definitely did not enough balls to pull anything of significance over any mountain passes and without a 10 speed even worse.

i just got back from an 80 mile round trip last camping trip of this season. was towing an 8k 5th wheel up to the mountains and back and averages 12.5 mpg with the duramax.

best decision i ever made. i got 33 mpg's best on 25 mile average and 23 mpg's 50 mile average on my last trip to Denver from Colorado Springs. it is a little down hill but got i think 19 on the way back. i think this truck is a solid 22 mpg highway at my elevation and that is only about 4 mpg less than my previous 6.2l 1500 

the duramax 36 gallon tank is nice! have almost 1,000 miles and still on my second tank!

• Like 1

hmm glad i passed on the gasser. I live in Colorado on my test drive i found it definitely did not enough balls to pull anything of significance over any mountain passes and without a 10 speed even worse.
i just got back from an 80 mile round trip last camping trip of this season. was towing an 8k 5th wheel up to the mountains and back and averages 12.5 mpg with the duramax.
best decision i ever made. i got 33 mpg's best on 25 mile average and 23 mpg's 50 mile average on my last trip to Denver from Colorado Springs. it is a little down hill but got i think 19 on the way back. i think this truck is a solid 22 mpg highway at my elevation and that is only about 4 mpg less than my previous 6.2l 1500 
the duramax 36 gallon tank is nice! have almost 1,000 miles and still on my second tank!

Diesels are definitely on the top!

Sent from Above

18 hours ago, bruklnboy said:

Just finished 1st full tank on 2500 Double cab, 50/50 city hwy avgd mid 13s. great throttle response compared to my 6.0, looking forward to towing & towing #s

i was also impressed with the throttle response compared to the 6.0.  Also, I really like that this truck doesn't downshift so easily and just pulls up in the same gear.  

Do you have oem tires?  I've been getting 11.5-12 mpg mixed and the only thing i can think would be making it lower is my 285/65r20 ridge grapplers.  But, even those are only slightly larger than the stock tires.

I am loving the 6.6 gasser... as I will not be towing often, mostly a 7000# car trailer to go to the nearby track, diesel made zero sense for me.

I definitely wanted more than a 1500, not to mention you gotta love the nose on the HD.  As I will never put 100+k miles on this rig, gas was the way to go. The truck with the 6 speed is smooth and strong. Loving this truck so far and really glad with my choice to avoid the diesel. So far around town, stop and go, I am only getting about 12mpg... will be curious to see what she does on the highway. I will find out when heading to visit my son at college for Dads Weekend coming up in a few weeks. My last truck was an old 95F250, this truck is like driving a luxury car in comparison. Will let you know what the mpg does on the trip, one big pass to go over, but not towing anything. Great video SkidooSteve, never heard the 30 second rule for fueling up, good tip!

I guess my next question would be future options to improve MPG for those of us not towing heaving loads often.

2500HD.jpg

Edited by F15DOC
  • Like 2

I can see it now.

COME ONE COME ALL, HERE IS THE NEW 6.6 GASSER INTAKE SYSTEM. IT CAN BE ALL YOURS FOR THE LOW LOW LOW PRICE OF $869 PLUS SHIPPING AND HANDLING TO THE LOWER 48 ONLY. (HI and AK residents, well f-you we don't know shipping yet).

THIS SOME BITCH ADDS MAYBE 12HP/15TQ (note: this is not SAE certified and just some random ass number pulled from thin air but trust us. Also not FDA approved)

Then this will happen with many people.

shut up and take my money GIF

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Found out the Low Fuel light comes on when the DIC says you have less than a 50 mile range, and I put in 33 gallons of gas shortly after it came on with 403 miles on that tank to give me 12.2 mpg.

I ran it down and filled it up at a Shell gas station this time, instead of getting the cheapest gas possible at the Sam's Club gas station. I'm going to test if different gas stations have been fuel. I noticed that 2 of my fill-ups were better after using a different gas station.