I’m going to drive the ‘17 gasser for quite some time, now that I’ve bought a commuter car, the truck has been stuck at 52K miles for like 2 months. Exactly what I was looking for, the new 6.6 gasmobil with the six speed doesn’t quite make me want to switch up yet, now if they mate it with the ten speed, uhm yeah. I don’t tow heavy, the gasser makes more sense for me. These mileage numbers aren’t that far off my trucks mileage, I’ll drive this after the commuter car craps out. 

On 8/16/2019 at 8:20 PM, bowtie2007 said:

I also placed my order for a gas 2500 and was told 8 weeks for delivery. My 2019 half ton was not pulling my travel trailer as well as i hoped. The 6.2 never struggled but the suspension bounce and suction from 18 wheelers made me rethink my decision. The trailer is around 7000 lbs so i didn't feel the need to get a diesel for an extra 10k.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

This is why I went to a 2500. I want to keep my 2015 a while, but damn these 2020's are growing on me. I'll be here creeping for info!

• 1 month later...

I'm trading in my 2013 F350 Diesel for a GM or GMC gasser. The emission controls on the Ford have killed that engine. With just 54k on it the EGR cooler had to be replaced twice and since the engine/drivetrain warranty expired at 50k I had to pay out of pocket ,,, $3300.00. Then 3 months later the Particulate Filter crapped out and since Ford did not cover it the government did ,, $7000.00. I believe "Tony" to be correct that not using it in bringing up to temperature may have caused the premature failures on those parts. Being retired I drive mostly city 75/25 highway. 

Eric- The GM trucks have had the same emissions issues since 2011, just like the Fords and Dodges.  Based upon what I have read on the other forums, I don't think GM and Dodge's emissions issues have been as bad as on the powerstroke, but they are there. 

DEF system failures mostly sensors, plugged up SCR and catalytic plugging.   Soot from EGR contamination wearing out bearings, seals and rings.   People not running them long enough, fast enough to keep the engine at operating temperature.    Have students working the industry who report these failures to me.       Bosch having issues with injector pumps and American diesel fuel on Duramax engines.     Don’t know if it is all true just reporting what I have heard.    Guess it is “buyer beware”.      All this emission equipment has to take some toll on the engine longevity.  I am a big believer in “By-pass” oil filtration and I do not run my trucks without one, more so with a diesel to filter out the carbon particulates from the engine oil.   The new truck will have one installed the first week I own it. ???

Northern MN had a 16 Duramax 75000 miles 4 def tanks 2 def pumps can't take the cold. Left me stranded on this last tank, the reflash lowered the derate miles till shutdown. Traded for a 2020 3500 6.6 gas 1200 miles 16.5 mpg. next up pulling our 38'ft toyhauler 13,000 lbs

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Strick 8187 said:

Northern MN had a 16 Duramax 75000 miles 4 def tanks 2 def pumps can't take the cold. Left me stranded on this last tank, the reflash lowered the derate miles till shutdown. Traded for a 2020 3500 6.6 gas 1200 miles 16.5 mpg. next up pulling our 38'ft toyhauler 13,000 lbs

Best of luck with the new ride.   Wishing you many trouble free miles with happy smiles !!!!   ??

On 10/20/2019 at 6:01 PM, ShotgunZ71 said:

We took the 5er out on a trip this weekend about 2 hrs from home. Split 50/50 between interstate and rural 2-lane roads. Averaged 7.4mpg for the trip, towing a 42’ 14.5k 5er. Pulled great and had plenty of power when needed.

Best thing I've heard so far. We have a 38ft toy hauler haven't been able to pull it yet cause of winter. We leave for Florida April. I have been nervous for 2 weeks I wanted to pull it last week for 100 miles but roads have been too sloppy. My best case was 6 mpg so the plenty of power statement is good.

• 2 months later...