1500 tow mirrors finally show their face...

Finally. 

They do look slightly smaller than the HD mirrors. 

Still ugly as sin, IMO. RAM's tow mirrors have been the best design for a LONG time. Odd that GM could not come up with something similar. 

If the mirror just connected to the door straight, it would look so much better. But the zig-zag look doesn't do it for me. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, econometrics said:

Finally. 

They do look slightly smaller than the HD mirrors. 

Still ugly as sin, IMO. RAM's tow mirrors have been the best design for a LONG time. Odd that GM could not come up with something similar. 

If the mirror just connected to the door straight, it would look so much better. But the zig-zag look doesn't do it for me. 

I think the RAM tow mirrors are the ugliest.  Looks like a goal post coming down the road when up.  

The problem with the Ram mirrors is every driver feels like they have to have them flipped up 24/7, even when there isn’t a trailer...??‍♂️

The good news is that these GM ones still support the 360 view. You lose that on the Ram with towing mirrors which is kind of dumb because that camera view can be very handy when towing.

It should be possible to add these to the 2019s but I guess we will see.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

The problem with the Ram mirrors is every driver feels like they have to have them flipped up 24/7, even when there isn’t a trailer...??‍♂️

LOL, that's true. Especially of the Ram drivers under the age of 25. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They do have different part #s and different option codes than the HD mirrors.  What is actually different, I'm not sure yet. 

1500 option codes are:  https://www.autopartners.net/apps/eogld/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2020&regionID=1&divisionID=1&type=0&vehicleID=21795&section=oi_def&page=4&butID=3

DPO - NEW!  Mirrors, outside power-adjustable vertical trailering with heated upper glass, lower convex mirrors, integrated turn signals, clearance lamps and auxiliary lighting; manual folding/extending.  On WT, LT, RST and LT Trail Boss.

DQS - NEW!  Mirrors, outside power-adjustable vertical trailering with heated and auto-dimming upper glass, lower convex mirrors, turn signal indicators, puddle lamps, perimeter lighting, auxiliary lighting and memory; power folding/ manual extending.  On LTZ and High Country. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bhales said:

i may have missed it but why the hell did they move them to the door instead of where they have always been? and then leave that mounting location?

Clears up the door/mirror blind spot big time.  I drove a 2020 HD, the new mirrors are much better. 

• Like 1