v805.1 infotainment update

Still haven't got the update. Does anyone know if the dealer can manually do it? It's not a rush really, just seems like it's been out for some time and I would have thought everyone would have it by now.

Also didn't know since I had my system upgraded to NAV (didn't come with it) if that might have jacked up the updating.

Still haven't got the update. Does anyone know if the dealer can manually do it? It's not a rush really, just seems like it's been out for some time and I would have thought everyone would have it by now.

Also didn't know since I had my system upgraded to NAV (didn't come with it) if that might have jacked up the updating.

Does the truck have internet?

Might need to make a hotspot with phone?

I could be way off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, PabloK said:

Does the truck have internet?

Might need to make a hotspot with phone?

I could be way off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can connect to my home wifi when I'm in the driveway and my phone. I can run the check for updates from the menu and it will say No updates or something like that with the current date/time so I assume it's able to get out and check.

But thank you for the suggestion

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, but can someone please assist with my SD Card problem?

Anyone know how to resolve? 

Really awful an over the air software update may now necessitate need for a dealer visit.

I hate going to the dealer; them damaging my vehicle; the time and hassle involved; etc.

Would love to be able to fix myself.

Please do advise, as I need nav.

Argh. :(

Edited by dbs600

On 10/31/2019 at 6:20 AM, Milleam said:

Thats strange, this is what mine looks likeIMG_2060.thumb.jpg.c6676becab04d436bd0c2d974af09c95.jpg

You have the low end model like me, it is the IOR (not the nice IOS model like they have).  This model is NOT updatable despite it having the option.   We are stuck with this 2014 crapper model.

Edited by Ktoonsez

5 hours ago, Ktoonsez said:

You have the low end model like me, it is the IOR (not the nice IOS model like they have).  This model is NOT updatable despite it having the option.   We are stuck with this 2014 crapper model.

Weird I have the same on an RST. Is it a month in the build kind of thing or just that it’s not the premium model?

12 minutes ago, Belo said:

Weird I have the same on an RST. Is it a month in the build kind of thing or just that it’s not the premium model?

Mine is also an RST but it's just how it was ordered when the dealer did the build sheet.

1.  They can order the basic IOR model made for the LS level vehicles back in 2014

2.  Te IOS model that comes with HD radio, over-the-air upgrades, ability to add apps, climate control app and SD slot for Nav upgradability

3.  Or the mama-jama IOT that has everything from above plus Nav.

Edited by Ktoonsez

I just purchased a 2016 Canyon, i don't find an option to even check for an update, it is an SLT with Nav and the 8" screen. OnStar had an issue enabling their software, I may run by the dealer on Monday to see if my system has a problem.

I found this some very good information 

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance/3759311-hmi-2-5-2-0-1-1-1-0-specifications-and-radio-firmware-versions.html#post1591200351

Edited by oldman_58

On 11/1/2019 at 4:32 PM, Ktoonsez said:

Mine is also an RST but it's just how it was ordered when the dealer did the build sheet.

1.  They can order the basic IOR model made for the LS level vehicles back in 2014

2.  Te IOS model that comes with HD radio, over-the-air upgrades, ability to add apps, climate control app and SD slot for Nav upgradability

3.  Or the mama-jama IOT that has everything from above plus Nav.

interesting. I don't have any issues with mine, but I think my 16 was better AND had HD radio. Must have been the IOS. 

11 minutes ago, Belo said:

interesting. I don't have any issues with mine, but I think my 16 was better AND had HD radio. Must have been the IOS. 

Count yourself lucky ?.  Mine crashes and reboots at least 6 times a week (sometimes all the buttons in the center stop working too because its all tied in together and dont work till the vehicle is turned off for 20 minutes).   Took it to the dealer and they were useless, all the did was reflash it to the same exact 2014 firmware it already had.

4 hours ago, Steve-2019 said:

Yes I can.  I just used my own home wifi to download it.  ?

Thanks. I was hearing you can download it through wifi but thought maybe you won't have access to it at all if you don't have a subscription.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bother, but the problem persists.

I’ve tried removing the card, cleaning its contacts, etc., but to no avail.

In the rare instance that it works, it only does so intermittently, as it won't upon a subsequent start up.

Why did an over the air update have to ruin our systems? Anyone able to fix / resolve?

Don’t want to take the truck to the dealer, be without alternate transportation and have the dealer either scratch, dent or otherwise damage or steal something.

Upsetting failure on GM’s part to push out defective software. Really upsetting.

Please advise if anyone has any GM contacts I can discuss this with for proper, prompt resolution.

I Imagine another update needs to be pushed out to the truck get it working again.

Sorry to bother, but the problem persists.

I’ve tried removing the card, cleaning its contacts, etc.

In the rare instance it works, but only intermittently, as upon a subsequent start up it won’t.

Why did an over the air update have to ruin our systems!? What gives!?

Anyone able to fix / resolve?

Really don’t want to take the truck to the dealer, be without alternate transport, and have the dealer likely either scratch, dent or otherwise damage or steal something out of or off the truck.

Such an upsetting failure on GM’s part to push defective software out.

Was. Not. A. Problem. Before. The. Update. Really, really, really pissed now.

Please advise, and if anyone has any contacts at GM I can discuss this with for proper, prompt resolution.

I Imagine they need to push another update out to get it working again.

Do they even know this is a problem?

Here's my post:

Edited by dbs600