v805.1 infotainment update

3 hours ago, Thomcat said:

After upgrading the IOS system to add Navigation now showing a build number not an update number for the software.....it's using version v509 which appears to be the latest version for the Denali's factory IOT with Nav. Instructions and screens in the '19 Infotainment manual match what is in the upgrade.

Had to reload from defaults, but everything seems to be running OK right down to hands free operation of apps including the Nav. One of the menus permits ignoring Auto Android when plugged in favor or Bluetooth for the phone and flash drives in the USB for audio. Took apart an inductive charge and glued tro the underside of the console add in tray and plugged into USB port....using inductive charging no need to ever plug in the cell phone again.

Different symbol than the OnStar Nav and screens on the 4" display now color coded to the color surrounds of the touch screen icons.

DSCN0608.JPG

DSCN0610.JPG

DSCN0607.JPG

If I had to guess, “Denali” is probably just a nickname for this version of the Telenav software, and not related to the truck. Much like Apple also names their OS releases. Either way nothing there is specific to the Denali infotainment system compared to any of the others.

You should still be eligible to be running V805. My IOT is on it. You might try checking for updates every day until it comes through.

42DC7E95-4049-4372-A884-5181E48D6C36.thumb.jpeg.2278066a9b2728d54157962f8f3b5989.jpeg

0F80D318-BCD7-40B8-AFE3-CA1575798EFB.thumb.jpeg.3cfac5a8c270c903e0371d2b3375e898.jpeg

Could be with the Nav upgrade for Infotainment 3  the Silv'y can longer run on the v805 software or  because it is a IOS head instead of a native IOT it has to run on v509 of the Denali software which might use less memory. I was there for some of the install, tech registered the chip and VIN number, GM furnished the latest software compatible with the '19 Nav upgrade dedicated for my VIN. Troublesome Climate Off disappeared  and more choice screens/colors added in the DIC, eg. Speed Sign in main cluster Either way, I tried to update after the install it said the v509 was the latest update. I'm going to leave it alone as long as everything is working fine.

Edited by Thomcat
spelling

I may be crazy but...

When I first got my truck I pretty extensively played with all the settings. Before the update, I had the option of auto-starting my truck with the seat warmers on or the air conditioning on. There was also no option for my key fob to control my windows. Now after this update, I only have the option of turning the heated seats on during auto-start, no cooling option, but with the added option of controlling my windows with my keyfob. When I first looked into it, I read that only trucks with auto folding mirrors had the ability to also control the windows with the fob, which I do not have. Having that ability now is a welcome addition.  

Anyone have a similar experience?

Edited by Ryan Cadaret

.02  "I just do 'em; I can't explain 'em" seems to fit best.

Just guessing but could be the latest build number for any particular vehicle is VIN specific for all features in the vehicle plus any added accessories or upgrades performed Could be a dealer forced update to the highest rev instead of contacting GM and verifying/getting the latest rev. for that particular VIN could actually screw up something else.

I was there during part of the Nav install for IOS to IOT capability and the tech had to call in with the VIN, the part number and activation code for the SD card containing the maps, and GM provided the specific version of software for the update. Once completed , my former software version went from a v805 to v509. Later, I tried the update procedure and it came back that I had the latest update.

Running v509 I have all the screens and choices that I had when v805 and all the hardware including the rear camera in Drive continue to operate as before. In addition now the top bar in the 4" screen turns the color matching the icon surround in the 8" screen. One function missing from the original software which I guessed the the vehicle had from my old Silvy was all windows down on holding unlock....still missing in the new rev and still operational.

Every feature and screen in the v805 down to separate front and rear auto defog is present in the V509, only differences being the additional screens for turning on speed limit sign in options and the additional Nav specific screens. Even the "Climate Off" bug has disappeared. Point being v509 must be the latest rev listed in the GM database for my particular vehicle as presently equipped with no further updates available and my former v805 would likely be a downgrade and if dealer tried to manually force an install to the highest generic number rev. to my upgraded OIS it would screw it up and I'd probably lose the Nav screens/capability. Turned off my auto update with no further plans to do so....   everything currently works the way it is supposed to.......firm believer in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Edited by Thomcat
found former v #

9 hours ago, Ryan Cadaret said:

I may be crazy but...

When I first got my truck I pretty extensively played with all the settings. Before the update, I had the option of auto-starting my truck with the seat warmers on or the air conditioning on. There was also no option for my key fob to control my windows. Now after this update, I only have the option of turning the heated seats on during auto-start, no cooling option, but with the added option of controlling my windows with my keyfob. When I first looked into it, I read that only trucks with auto folding mirrors had the ability to also control the windows with the fob, which I do not have. Having that ability now is a welcome addition.  

Anyone have a similar experience?

I have remote start cooled seats with the newest update

15660487947896605457627010671838.jpg

1 hour ago, UGADawgs said:

Meaning it didn't go away for me

Mine never had it, still doesn't have it, no folding mirrors and all windows down on unlock active as it is on the old '16 that never had it in settings or the Avalanches which never had it in their settings. Only problem before was the Climate Off bug and now that is gone with the Nav upgrade.

The only advantage with referenced update is now you can turn the windows down feature off which is what it does normally if you don't keep the unlock button depressed. Now if they come out with an all windows up on holding lock button - that would be an improvement.

I dunno. Nothing has ever changed with those menu options (seats or window controls) on mine since my original version that was like 2-something. I have left the remote window operation off because I don’t want to sit on my remote and accidentally put my windows down in a storm. If it’s that hot out, I’m remote starting anyway.

I have not noticed any new bugs yet with 805. I think it’s a keeper. 509 was pretty good too but I jumped on 803 right away and immediately regretted it.

26 minutes ago, lebag335 said:

My iPhone volume still goes to zero with this new update. Ideas on how to fix the issue??

Just switch to CarPlay and be done with it. That’s what I’ve done. 

I’m running iOS 13 beta on my iPhone and the updates to CarPlay are immense and fantastic. I had been using BT for the past 5 months, but not any more. 

• Thanks 1