v805.1 infotainment update

1 hour ago, Ezekiel2517 said:

Thanks.  Where do you go on the phone to find that?  I have looked all over bluetooth settings but no luck.

Long hold the Bluetooth icon in the quick access tray.   This brings up the list of your Bluetooth devices, to the far right of the name of your trucks Bluetooth you will see a little icon that looks like gears.  Click that and you will see what you gave the truck access to, usually 3 items:  Calls, Audio, Contact Access.

Edited by Ktoonsez

Thanks.  I tried that.  It only gives me the option to connect for calls and music.  The weird thing is, I see that contacts connection option for other cars I have synced to, including my 2014 GMC where it worked fine.  It just wont allow me to do it on this truck.

38 minutes ago, Ezekiel2517 said:

Thanks.  I tried that.  It only gives me the option to connect for calls and music.  The weird thing is, I see that contacts connection option for other cars I have synced to, including my 2014 GMC where it worked fine.  It just wont allow me to do it on this truck.

Very wierd.   Only thing I would try next is to "Forget" the truck in Bluetooth list and re-add it.

6 hours ago, Ktoonsez said:

Very wierd.   Only thing I would try next is to "Forget" the truck in Bluetooth list and re-add it.

I am having same problem with my Galaxy S8.  IOS will not import contacts from phone.

13 minutes ago, Vicarod said:

I am having same problem with my Galaxy S8.  IOS will not import contacts from phone.

Mine is IOR, maybe that is the difference.  My phone is Samsung S10 plus and my wifes is S9 plus. 

Edited by Ktoonsez

42 minutes ago, Ktoonsez said:

Mine is IOR, maybe that is the difference.  My phone is Samsung S10 plus and my wifes is S9 plus. 

When I first bought the truck, I had a loaner (minor dent taken care of in my truck).  That truck had IOR, and my phone contacts sync'd fine.

It's amazing that the IOS will not.

I just went and tried to sync my work phone, which is an iphone 8s...and it won't import those contacts either.

Looks like a trip to the dealer.   I tried working it through with customer service on a chat...no solution.

I suspect this is going to lead to a new infotainment system in the long run. 

It's a minor inconvenience...but I do like having it. 

This feature in my 2014 Silverado worked fine.

4 hours ago, Vicarod said:

When I first bought the truck, I had a loaner (minor dent taken care of in my truck).  That truck had IOR, and my phone contacts sync'd fine.

It's amazing that the IOS will not.

I just went and tried to sync my work phone, which is an iphone 8s...and it won't import those contacts either.

Looks like a trip to the dealer.   I tried working it through with customer service on a chat...no solution.

I suspect this is going to lead to a new infotainment system in the long run. 

It's a minor inconvenience...but I do like having it. 

This feature in my 2014 Silverado worked fine.

Damn, I had a loaner with the IOS for 2 days, guess I should have paired with it to see.  My 2017 with Nav worked flawless too as you stated in your 2014.   Seems like they went waaaaay backwards.   I can tell you my IOR in the 2019 is complete garbage, always locking up and rebooting it self which causes all the buttons in the center to stop working, so at least you guys on IOS don't have to worry about that.  Also anyone with the IOR reading this I have had my car at service and there is no firmware update available or bulletins so we are stuck with this piece of crap device/firmware from 2014.   Anyone finds a way to get to IOS from an existing IOR I have my ears wide open ?

Hi everyone,

Long time; hope all is well.

2019 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 here.

Truck was calling for a software update, so I updated to V805.1.

Unfortunately, I’m now receiving a SD Card Error each time I try to use the navigation system.

Pretty frustrating. Can someone please help.

Thank you very much.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

49 minutes ago, dbs600 said:

Hi everyone,

Long time; hope all is well.

2019 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 here.

Truck was calling for a software update, so I updated to V805.1.

Unfortunately, I’m now receiving a SD Card Error each time I try to use the navigation system.

Pretty frustrating. Can someone please help.

Thank you very much.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

oh god please dont tell me this is the same problem i have in my 2017 CTS-V if this is the case the problem started with IOS 13.x the nav locks up and the system reboots.

try this, turn off your bluetooth on your i-phone see if it boots up ok. then try turning bluetooth on. take a quick drive. if its the same issue we cadillac owners are having then i highly recommend nobody do this upgrade until i fix is out! the only way i can use my system in the caddy is over the USB connection and carplay. otherwise the systrem reboots and goes bonkers. also my caddy display looks just like that, the temp reading goes to - - and sometimes it reads in C verses F

Edited by bass mechanic