In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Mountain boy said:

Funny only the third update for me, new math I guess.

This system has been in Cadillac vehicles since 2017.  You've only seen 3 on your specific truck; the radio family has seen a metric ton and as I said this was both internal and external releases thats kind of how you get to version 805.1 😉 No new math I promise! 

Edited by GTPprix

On 8/13/2019 at 5:25 PM, econometrics said:

I've read here that the 2020's will have an updated Infotainment display with album artwork, etc? I would imagine that's purely software and not hardware. 

So I wonder when that will roll out to the 2019 models? 

Yes, the 2020 HDs have the album artwork and SiriusXM channel icons. I'm hoping it's something that us 19 guys can do easily, as it really improves the look of the infotainment screen IMO. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, jlong1984 said:

Yes, the 2020 HDs have the album artwork and SiriusXM channel icons. I'm hoping it's something that us 19 guys can do easily, as it really improves the look of the infotainment screen IMO. 

Same, but I was told not to hold my breath as there may be a hardware difference.

I kinda thought if it was going to be just a software update thing, this would have been the one. Presumably this is the SW version HDs are shipping with. Maybe an owner of one can chime in.

5 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Same, but I was told not to hold my breath as there may be a hardware difference.

I kinda thought if it was going to be just a software update thing, this would have been the one. Presumably this is the SW version HDs are shipping with. Maybe an owner of one can chime in.

Yeah, if there are any ‘20 HD owners here, let us know what software version your system is on. 👍🏼

Downloaded yesterday. So far so good but I was not having issues previously

2 hours ago, GTPprix said:

This system has been in Cadillac vehicles since 2017.  You've only seen 3 on your specific truck; the radio family has seen a metric ton and as I said this was both internal and external releases thats kind of how you get to version 805.1 😉 No new math I promise! 

It’s software I wonder how many updates Microsoft has done.

Just now, Mountain boy said:

It’s software I wonder how many updates Microsoft has done.

Slightly different when you have to design for a billion hardware combinations VS 3 LOL 

• Like 1

Anyone who has done the update does if fix the problem with the phone volume getting turned down?

Tom

Well the dealer updated me to 805.1 when I was in there.

Now my backup camera app will only work if the truck is running. Before I could touch on the camera app with the truck in accessory mode and it would show me the back of the truck for 10 seconds. Now it flickers for a second and goes back to the home screen.

Anyone seeing this too?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Well the dealer updated me to 805.1 when I was in there.

Now my backup camera app will only work if the truck is running. Before I could touch on the camera app with the truck in accessory mode and it would show me the back of the truck for 10 seconds. Now it flickers for a second and goes back to the home screen.

Anyone seeing this too?

I'm on 803 right now and it does the same. I don't think this is new for 805.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, jlong1984 said:

That is because they get the 360L package capability with the new trucks.  Not sure if that is something we will see on ours but that is why they have it.  I had the Sirius 360L on my 19 RAM. It was the first to have it.  Its pretty cool because it would allow you to stream content.  Worked the same as the app does on the phone essentially.  Also was cool when entering garages the Sirius signal would go away and it would go to internet steaming. 

Also those that have not had the update pushed or are on a really old version you can go to the dealer and they will perform the update for you, it just takes a while because stye have to load it onto a USB drive.  I did the last update that way.  There are typically two updates. One for onstar and one for the a11 Radio unit. 

Edited by JD214
  • Thanks 1

Still stuck on 803 no matter what network to which I'm connected - says no updates available.  Figures. 🙄

I'm on 803 right now and it does the same. I don't think this is new for 805.
I guess I should have kept my old version 206

After upgrading the IOS system to add Navigation now showing a build number not an update number for the software.....it's using version v509 which appears to be the latest version for the Denali's factory IOT with Nav. Instructions and screens in the '19 Infotainment manual match what is in the upgrade.

Had to reload from defaults, but everything seems to be running OK right down to hands free operation of apps including the Nav. One of the menus permits ignoring Auto Android when plugged in favor or Bluetooth for the phone and flash drives in the USB for audio. Took apart an inductive charge and glued tro the underside of the console add in tray and plugged into USB port....using inductive charging no need to ever plug in the cell phone again.

Different symbol than the OnStar Nav and screens on the 4" display now color coded to the color surrounds of the touch screen icons.

DSCN0608.JPG

DSCN0610.JPG

DSCN0607.JPG

Well had the update done 2 days ago and regretfully have to report that I am now having a lot of problems that I did not have previous to the update.

1) I am having bluetooth connection problems between phone iPhone X MAX, with latest software, to the truck. It keeps connecting and immediately disconnecting. I have deleted the phone from truck and repaired several times and still doing same thing. The phone volume still turns down, just like prior to the update.

2) Truck front and rear PARK ASSIST not working. I go into settings, turn it off and back on, it comes on for a minute and then it turns off.

Hopefully these problems are just consequential, but I am beginning to worry and hoping nothing else shows it's ugly little head.

Will keep advised and I hope anyone else having new problems, please report them here.