v805.1 infotainment update

2 hours ago, dbs600 said:

Sorry to bother, but the problem persists.

I’ve tried removing the card, cleaning its contacts, etc.

In the rare instance it works, but only intermittently, as upon a subsequent start up it won’t.

Why did an over the air update have to ruin our systems!? What gives!?

Anyone able to fix / resolve?

Really don’t want to take the truck to the dealer, be without alternate transport, and have the dealer likely either scratch, dent or otherwise damage or steal something out of or off the truck.

Such an upsetting failure on GM’s part to push defective software out.

Was. Not. A. Problem. Before. The. Update. Really, really, really pissed now.

Please advise, and if anyone has any contacts at GM I can discuss this with for proper, prompt resolution.

I Imagine they need to push another update out to get it working again.

Do they even know this is a problem?

Here's my post:

All you can do now is try a radio reboot. Remove the RDO fuse for about 20 sec and reinstall, you'll may lose the presets but all you can do because it will not reinstall the software.

My IOS radio came without the Nav and dealer upgraded with the software and SD map card kit. I previously had an 800 version of software, I forget the exact # and after the install it is running on ver 509.1 with the Nav system fully functional. I questioned the installation of an earlier version of the software with the Nav and the mechanic said when he registered the software with GM and gave them my VIN he was told that the older version was the most compatible with the Nav and all the other optional accessories and modules installed in my particular model and VIN. A check through the DIC confirmed I had the latest version. Not only does everything work 100% with the older version, but the Climate Off bug is now gone. No way I am going to manually update the system and turned the function off to make sure it doesn't try to update itself.

DSCN0608.JPG.11278b1ca68560cf7f99f21d3cc31629.JPGDSCN0609.JPG.6d91fc9c3ba254c453d9cc35a2846655.JPGDSCN0610.JPG.658dd6f7bc83c4a1ef56ab02a3ae66b8.JPG

Could just be a coincidence really. I had the SD card removed error well before the update, probably back in February or March. Haven’t had it since, on either 803 or 805. Just not seeing the SW correlation, or everyone else here who has updated would be posting the same issue.

Taking it to the dealer might be as simple as them replacing or reloading the card. Either way, that’s the only thing you can do failing the factory reset which you can perform from the settings menu.

Yes there is always the possibility that the SD card is fried and no longer recognized........ reaching into the console and accidentally hitting the edge of the card in the spring loaded mount  and removing the card while it is being accessed could do it.

I have been getting this error message every few times when I get in my truck. They replaced the SD card, reader, radio, and the n-cable. It’s been to two different dealers and still does it this video was after all 4 things replaced. Also upgraded my phone and it still does it! Called GM many times and no advisors are helpful! 

https://youtu.be/K9pZYyLEcZ4

• 3 weeks later...

Corporate had me bring the truck in to a dealer for a software update; Version 807, which they state will be released as an over the air update in January.

They stated they were absolutely confident that this would solve the problem, as the software was created to solve this particular problem.

Well… guess what… the problem remains!

Beyond upsetting that after all this time, and the assurances provided, that there’s no resolution in sight!

Anyone else have any news to report?

Anyone find resolution? If so, how?

What has corporate / your dealers been telling you?

• Sad 1

I'm still on 509. Took it to the dealer and asked to check it and update it. They told me there are no updates for my radio. I think that's BS

But it still says No Updates Available when I select Check for Updates...

Edited by Zeker

11 minutes ago, Zeker said:

I'm still on 509. Took it to the dealer and asked to check it and update it. They told me there are no updates for my radio. I think that's BS

Weird.... Should show an update from the version you have.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gypsy1962 said:

My 2019 Silverado HC just updated to Infotainment Update v807 today.  No obvious differences, but I'm digging in to see what I see...

Thanks for letting us know. There have been several users experiencing the V807 update.

On 12/29/2019 at 8:35 PM, Zeker said:

Why? 509 works all the time! If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Everything works 100% of the time using 509, including the Nav with no glitches or weird crap.....even the "Climate Off" bug disappeared after the Nav was installed and GM directed the tech to revert from the original v805 to v509. Mine also shows no updates available and turned off auto update anyway.........it's not like the newest rev will add a magical new feature....update is only useful to correct and existing problem....and none exists, so no update needed. Drastically different from the current 800 series perhaps the lower number 509 is not really a lower rev but a default version of a known stable state before they started screwing with the code, each successive one introducing more bugs into the system.

DSCN0608.JPG.62fe7889bb2d53db27bef70c0171cb65.JPG

Honest question...

Given that 95% of users have an iPhone or Android device and these trucks have Carplay/Android auto, why is factory navigation even a thing anymore?  In my opinion Google maps or Waze is vastly superior and more current than any OEM nav system.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Carolyn Holmes said:

Does anyone actually use Android Auto? I miss my jeep's media hub. 

It's like Chevy trying to fix something bad with something worse. 

Use it about 50% of the time for WAZE,etc.

Honest question...

Given that 95% of users have an iPhone or Android device and these trucks have Carplay/Android auto, why is factory navigation even a thing anymore?  In my opinion Google maps or Waze is vastly superior and more current than any OEM nav system.

I use Waze mostly. Tried getting back into Google Maps but the auto zoom never keeps up appropriately with the speed and with the upcoming turn. But the stop signs and light icons are nice. Lane indication is nice. I just got back into trying Apple Maps and I was surprised about how much it has improved. Visually it’s great and ETA notifications are nice. Drag and pan functionality only works on Apple Maps.
I really do like the built in Nav when I don’t have my phone connected. Very nice to have, if not just as a backup. Better than Lexus or any of the other cars built in nav I’ve tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro