Chevy accessory sport bar light suggestions...

Rigid is the best, but you’re going to pay for them. Ive had good luck with my Rough Country 30” curved, behind the grille. Lots of people will chime in with their purchases. On top of  cab is a difficult place for lights that can be used without completely blinding oncoming drivers.

I replaced my factory fogs with Mishimoto LEDs, and a behind the grille bar to good result. Replace your back up bulbs with LEDs for a huge improvement as well.

• Like 1

Rigid is far from the best but they’re for sure the most expensive. I’ve got a 40” inch light bar off of eBay on my SxS that I’ve had since 2014 that’s been hit, submerged etc and works great to the day. I think I paid $150 at the time. Get something that’s CREE and you’re good

I agree behind the grill or on a bumper is best. Those sport bars are stupid looking. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jacoby said:

Rigid is far from the best but they’re for sure the most expensive. I’ve got a 40” inch light bar off of eBay on my SxS that I’ve had since 2014 that’s been hit, submerged etc and works great to the day. I think I paid $150 at the time. Get something that’s CREE and you’re good

I agree behind the grill or on a bumper is best. Those sport bars are stupid looking. 

Appreciate the reply, could have done without the jab at the end...  I'm sure I could find something stupid on your truck but I'm not a dick like that.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wacojosh said:

Appreciate the reply, could have done without the jab at the end...  I'm sure I could find something stupid on your truck but I'm not a dick like that.

That wasn’t your truck in the picture so was I really being a dick?  Grow a pair bro

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jacoby said:

That wasn’t your truck in the picture so was I really being a dick?  Grow a pair bro

If I was getting that same bar than does it matter or are you that dense, bro...  

• Like 1

I think I'm one of the few resident lighting fanatics.  I've got the sports bar and agree with the above poster you defiantly want spot lights up their and not flood lights or you will be wasting so much light lighting up the top of the cab.

I've got combo lights on mine and they work great the spot portion of them are like lasers but unfortunately they are discontinued or I would highly recommend them.

I think they look better than the GM option lights as they are lower profile and mount from the bottom.  They also look more proportionate (to me anyway) than the gm offerings.

bhqJVxG.jpg

QwYULDj.jpg

u3PM1Ib.jpg

iQzjbRk.jpg

zaWZvG1.jpg

oEAPCqt.jpg

Even got a little silly and under hung a extra roughcountry stealth bar i had laying around rear facing...

xfxhFm3.jpg

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Crazyjoker77 said:

I think I'm one of the few resident lighting fanatics.  I've got the sports bar and agree with the above poster you defiantly want spot lights up their and not flood lights or you will be wasting so much light lighting up the top of the cab.

I've got combo lights on mine and they work great the spot portion of them are like lasers but unfortunately they are discontinued or I would highly recommend them.

I think they look better than the GM option lights as they are lower profile and mount from the bottom.  They also look more proportionate (to me anyway) than the gm offerings.

bhqJVxG.jpg

QwYULDj.jpg

u3PM1Ib.jpg

iQzjbRk.jpg

zaWZvG1.jpg

oEAPCqt.jpg

Even got a little silly and under hung a extra roughcountry stealth bar i had laying around rear facing...

xfxhFm3.jpg

Awesome!!  Looks great!  This is exactly what I was looking for, the spotlight suggestion definetley helps.  I'll see if I can find a better lighting option than what GM offers.  So far I'm thinking about Rough Country...

The longer bars sometimes have a spot/flood combo option. Those are a good compromise.

I’ll mention again, upgrade your OEM fogs to Mishimoto LED. To me the factory fogs do very little or no actual lighting, they’re not much more than glorified marking lights.The LEDs will light the barditch and roadsides Much better. I feel they help me keep an eye out for deer every bit as much as my 30”

i agree with Joker about his roll at lights looking more proportionate. They also accentuate the fact that they’re not level. I wish the mount point was flatter.

CrazyJoker77- can you post a better picture and write a little bit about your “hood” light pods? I like how flat they are.

Edited by Darksky
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Darksky said:

The longer bars sometimes have a spot/flood combo option. Those are a good compromise.

I’ll mention again, upgrade your OEM fogs to Mishimoto LED. To me the factory fogs do very little or no actual lighting, they’re not much more than glorified marking lights.The LEDs will light the barditch and roadsides Much better. I feel they help me keep an eye out for deer every bit as much as my 30”

i agree with Joker about his roll at lights looking more proportionate. They also accentuate the fact that they’re not level. I wish the mount point was flatter.

CrazyJoker77- can you post a better picture and write a little bit about your “hood” light pods? I like how flat they are.

I can talk about lights all day.  I think the hood pods are a smash hit that ended up being very cheap compared to the other few options out there.  I went with these lights because of how the looked and they are offered with several different optic patterns.

I used these cheap hood mount brackets.  They worked perfectly and still are over a year later.  They can be mounted any around the hood and have a soft silicone boot that goes between the stainless steel of the bracket and any painted surface.  They also come with a riser but I wanted a low profile install.

TmwmVHz.jpg

bcV2hc0.jpg

9CtMUTa.jpg

This ended up being my final mounting point.  clear the antenna fine when open.  You also get a look at the 6d reflector I went with.

4l4dbmT.jpg

This picture shows how the 6d reflector spreads the lights to get the most side lighting possible.

bpi0jya.jpg

Picture with them mounted on the side of the hood.(i ended up mounting them to the back of hood)

a8GJXaE.jpg

I used a set of the same brackets to mount some sidelights/alley lights behind the sidesteps that turned out great as well.

b1ccSVH.jpg

XCvOaRU.jpg

I know my setup is a bit excessive but the deer around here are damn suicidal so spotting them soon is key.

Lights i'm using

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32900134039.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dcOEk2i

Brackets

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B079BL4JGS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1