Bilstein 5100 release date

JimTX

I'd be in for a set if they can be used with the stock height/stance.  I've hit dips along the interstate (not even true potholes) that felt like I lost a kidney.  I understand stiff suspension for towing but the factory shocks are not absorbing much.  How difficult is it to do the fronts?

For the install? I would guess not horrible if you have some insight mechanically. That and renting a spray compressor. Dropping the lower control arm, sway bar endlinks and you should have enough room. At least from the looks of it when I did my level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought all 4 shocks for $435 and my mechanic charged $200. I got tired of waiting on the 4600 as I never wanted the 5100. Bilstein told me the 4600 is the best shock for stock height and for towing. I set the Eibach’s on stock height and it worked out great. Same height as stock and I only have 1/4” rake on my truck. The Eibach’s killed the chevy hop in the rear end and the truck drives much more planted. 

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, jbr1888 said:

Would these work? https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/bilstein-b8-5100-series-shock-absorber-33-253237/_/R-BBGL-33-253237

They are a hair shorter than the ones for the Trailboss. I have a 2 inch front level and a 1 inch rear lift block.

Not sure if this applies to your vehicle but I had my 2" rear blocks removed on my AT4 to get a more leveled look to avoid altering the front end.  After driving it around for a week I could definitely feel a difference in the way the rear end handled small and large bumps.  The smooth road handling had disappeared.  Since the stock OEM Rancho rear shocks were made for the 2" lift I looked for a non AT4/TrailBoss shock replacement with zero lift and went with the Bilstein 5100 which are good for 0-1" lift.  Truck now drives better than stock - on and off-road.  Very happy with the shock overall.     

AT4_SCAS.png

• Like 2

Not sure if this applies to your vehicle but I had my 2" rear blocks removed on my AT4 to get a more leveled look to avoid altering the front end.  After driving it around for a week I could definitely feel a difference in the way the rear end handled small and large bumps.  The smooth road handling had disappeared.  Since the stock OEM Rancho rear shocks were made for the 2" lift I looked for a non AT4/TrailBoss shock replacement with zero lift and went with the Bilstein 5100 which are good for 0-1" lift.  Truck now drives better than stock - on and off-road.  Very happy with the shock overall.     
AT4_SCAS.thumb.png.0c2d188d73242e7e9ee12abb65ca9373.png

Where'd you buy them from??? Any wait time?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlackRST said:

Where'd you buy them from??? Any wait time?

A local shop near me - SoCal Auto Style - ordered them and installed them.  

On 1/10/2020 at 9:26 AM, vancealot29 said:

All,

I reached out to Bilstein for an updated date now that we are into the new year.  Their response.....

"We are estimating by the end of 2nd quarter"

And the wait continues........

Reached back out to Bilstein again this week.  Now looking at September/October per their rep.

Damn near two years in the new model......these things better wipe my ass after I install them ???

• Haha 1

A local shop near me - SoCal Auto Style - ordered them and installed them.  

Damn....I'm trying to avoid dealing with the custom shops around here because the only one who would I don't trust sadly haha. I guess I'm waiting until they're officially released.

Reached back out to Bilstein again this week.  Now looking at September/October per their rep.

Damn near two years in the new model......these things better wipe my ass after I install them [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Jeeez...I guess I'll buy them over the winter and install for spring time.

8 hours ago, BlackRST said:

Jeeez...I guess I'll buy them over the winter and install for spring time.

Ya - did not inquire about the front replacements.  The rears were in stock and installed next day.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 10:00 AM, Benzo1 said:

AT4_SCAS.png

Did you also remove the taller jounce on the rear axle?  If not I bet you bump stop is very close to the axle.

2019-chevrolet-silverado-1500-lt-trailboss-crew-cab-exterior-2018-detroit-auto-show-022-undercarriage-exhaust.jpg.985005ab8f74029961c2ab1e5cf5d613.jpg

Edited by pewterliftedz

19 hours ago, pewterliftedz said:

Did you also remove the taller jounce on the rear axle?  If not I bet you bump stop is very close to the axle.

2019-chevrolet-silverado-1500-lt-trailboss-crew-cab-exterior-2018-detroit-auto-show-022-undercarriage-exhaust.jpg.985005ab8f74029961c2ab1e5cf5d613.jpg

Ya - this was removed as well.

RearEnd.jpg

• Like 1