Bilstein 5100 release date

JimTX

Hi Guys, 

For what its worth, I loaned my new truck to Bilstein to use my 2020 Silverado Crewcab 4X4 3.0L Dramax as a test mule last week.

I am near their San Diego Corporate office and hooked up with them. They kept my truck for 6 business days. 

Great group of guys @ Bilstein. They fit prototypes and said they will let me know when the production parts are ready to test fit on my truck.

Hopefully this helps get their products to production sooner!!! btw, this is only for front, they did throw a free set of 5100's on the back in the meantime.

Best regards, 

Mike

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, mikedege said:

Hi Guys, 

For what its worth, I loaned my new truck to Bilstein to use my 2020 Silverado Crewcab 4X4 3.0L Dramax as a test mule last week.

I am near their San Diego Corporate office and hooked up with them. They kept my truck for 6 business days. 

Great group of guys @ Bilstein. They fit prototypes and said they will let me know when the production parts are ready to test fit on my truck.

Hopefully this helps get their products to production sooner!!! btw, this is only for front, they did throw a free set of 5100's on the back in the meantime.

Best regards, 

Mike

Mike, thank you so much for the information!  I just installed 5100 rear shocks yesterday, then e-mailed Bilstein about the front shocks.  I received a reply from Bilstein this morning:  "once they are released they will be in our catalog. Looks like sometime in June or July".   

Please keep us posted!   My impression of the rear shocks is the same as it has been for me before, seems like the rear is less "bouncy" after hitting a bump, and feels a little softer where it counts.

Edited by Leevon
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a Cheyenne RST and am based in Tijuana. Is there a way they'd let me know right away when it's available? I don't want to do the rear then the front but I haven't driven it due to handling issues. I drive about 10 miles on dirt roads every day, the other 4x4's handle it very well and I can even hit 80 km/h (50 mph), but not this Cheyenne, I was doing 50 km/h and the back end was wildly swaying back and forth. Once the front becomes available, I wanted to do it all at once.

Edited by Wiggums

doing some comparing of the AT4 to regular 1500 and the strut is actually only 1/2" longer, the rest of the height is achieved by extra spring load. 

I plan on getting a Readylift SST 1.74" and trying to remove some preload in hopes to gain 1 to 1-1/2" of lift

Possibly for the rear to keep it level under load I'll get some airbags

I have been emailing them every month or two for an release update.  Their most recent feedback on May 6th, they indicated August.  I assume that could even slip based on slowdowns from COVID.  Who knows.  

This is so similar to the 6112 thread on the K2 forum, Bilstein just kept pushing the date further and further back.  I would love a set of 5100s for my truck, but I may get impatient and just get the Eibachs.  This truck is so dam bouncy on any bump I come in contact with, it's annoying.

• Like 1

This is so similar to the 6112 thread on the K2 forum, Bilstein just kept pushing the date further and further back.  I would love a set of 5100s for my truck, but I may get impatient and just get the Eibachs.  This truck is so dam bouncy on any bump I come in contact with, it's annoying.

Agreed!! I haven't looked much into eibachs set up but I've ran their products on my cars in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
They've got the rears for 2019/20 TB/AT4's: 
https://performancelifts.com/bilstein-2019-current-silverado-sierra-1500-4x4-rear-shock-24-309516.html

Fronts coming soon?

They say online they'll work for stock silverados as well or up to 2" blocks? If I read correctly.

2 hours ago, BlackRST said:

They say online they'll work for stock silverados as well or up to 2" blocks? If I read correctly.

I believe it will only work with stock silverados IF you have installed a 2 or 3" block in the rear. 

I believe it will only work with stock silverados IF you have installed a 2 or 3" block in the rear. 

Damn that is sad. I'm beyond fed up with the stock dual tube ranchos. They bounce more than tigger the tiger. I can't get on board with the rc ones and the fox ones are more than I'm interested in paying.

I'd be in for a set if they can be used with the stock height/stance.  I've hit dips along the interstate (not even true potholes) that felt like I lost a kidney.  I understand stiff suspension for towing but the factory shocks are not absorbing much.  How difficult is it to do the fronts?