Bilstein 5100 release date

JimTX

17 hours ago, Sin City Trail Boss said:

Interesting.

How will the 5100s compare to my stock Z71 Rancho shocks that come with the Trail Boss?

I can't speak for the 2019, but my Rancho's on my GMT-900 with 50K are horrible.  Going to put on Eibach's.  

17 hours ago, Sin City Trail Boss said:

Interesting.

How will the 5100s compare to my stock Z71 Rancho shocks that come with the Trail Boss?

From what I've read, most guys on here like the monotube Ranchos on the TB. It's the twin tubes on the other Z71 models that are causing complaints. 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, econometrics said:

Just an update on this... I emailed Bilstein today. 

They said the product would "hit the shelves first quarter of 2020". 

Looking forward to putting some 5100 ride leveling shocks on my RST! 

Killing me smalls. Can't believe they don't have these out yet. When was the T1 released???? Like August 2018?!

I'd been waiting for that. The twin tubes on the Z71 on my RST has caused me grief. Not hitting the gas or the brake, along with a certain shuddering rhythm, the back end fishtails. This is a safety issue and I no longer drive it at the ranch, it's done that three times. Unacceptable.

After having Bilstiens (Tokokiko) on my last two trucks and really loving them I was dissapointed that my AT4 had rambos.

Now in this thread I find I can get the Bilstien ride, and lift my front end in one easy swap?

Best day ever!

Edited by RaisedByWolves
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RaisedByWolves said:

After having Bilstiens (Tokokiko) on my last two trucks and really loving them I was dissapointed that my AT4 had rambos.

Now in this thread I find I can get the Bilstien ride, and lift my front end in one easy swap?

Best day ever!

Yep! Why pay for a simple level with blocks and keep your crappy OEM shocks when you can get 5100s and a level for just a few $ more?! 

12 hours ago, econometrics said:

Yep! Why pay for a simple level with blocks and keep your crappy OEM shocks when you can get 5100s and a level for just a few $ more?! 

So, I was quoted something like $350 for a 2 inch front level with alignment.  Will these new shocks do the same?  How much more $ are you talking?  I have no problem waiting if that is the case.

Thanks for the info!

53 minutes ago, mistaare said:

Assuming replacing  Rancho's to 5100's won't affect warranty?

No, it shouldn't void it. The standard MagnusonMoss Warranty Act thing should cover it. However, I'm betting if you had a shock mount break they might try to say those shocks caused it.

So my truck is a Max Tow Package truck. Do you think this will modify my GVWR? I would think that the springs & the larger axle have more to do with that than the shocks. Thoughts?