Gave my Trail Boss a little extra punch today

JET Stage II, P/N# 21410S.  Realize everyone has their preference in tuning options, but for now this is a very easy "drop-in", that does have noticeable results, especially off the line.   The ECM on our trucks is just behind the front end, canvas wheel well cover on the driver side. 

JET2.jpg

Edited by BobbyAlton

57 minutes ago, Chance1025 said:

Nice! Does this allow you to change any settings/reprogram tire size, etc? Have you noticed any moss in fuel economy?

JET does sell programmers, but for our trucks (2019 5.3 ecotec V8) I believe this is all they have avail right now, which is a module that plugs into your E90 ECM.   I'm not aware of any accounting for tire size changes.   The Stage II Module that I have, increases power and torque by adjusting shift points, advancing the timing, adjusting air/fuel ratio, etc.  You should use the Stage II in conjunction with 91+ octane fuel, hi-flow air intake.  Per their FAQ page, JET goes thru a certification process with SEMA and these do NOT void your warranty, here is a link: https://jetchip.com/faq/

Edited by BobbyAlton

Somebody needs to actually show the results if in fact this does anything. If the biggest tuning companies can't crack the new computer it makes me very skeptical that this place could do anything to alter the computers settings in any way.

I'd be curious if they are just intercepting sensor signals and changing the values to get a different result.

49 minutes ago, CamGTP said:

Somebody needs to actually show the results if in fact this does anything. If the biggest tuning companies can't crack the new computer it makes me very skeptical that this place could do anything to alter the computers settings in any way.

I'd be curious if they are just intercepting sensor signals and changing the values to get a different result.

:thumbs:

25 minutes ago, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

Having read the Jet websites statement on voided warranty. It seems to me that GM would void the warranty and then it would be up to the consumer to prove them wrong. Which is costly and time consuming for the consumer and most would just give up.  

Magnuson Moss Act.

It's on GM to prove the device caused damage. 

A warranty denied claim is certainly the way they will go. You file, then it's on them, not you. You have no burden of proof.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Magnuson Moss Act.

It's on GM to prove the device caused damage. 

A warranty denied claim is certainly the way they will go. You file, then it's on them, not you. You have no burden of proof.

Oh yes I know of the MM act. I'm willing to bet though that GM would cancel the warranty and drag their feet while investigating the claim. Until then you are stuck with paying for the repair or driving a rental till the decision is made and making payments on a truck you can't drive. Hence my statement that it would be a time consuming task for the consumer. Costly because you would have to hire a lawyer to make GM speed things up. As for tuning and such voiding the warranty. I've been on this forum for 9 years. Either I'm not reading the right posts or something. I've not once read a post from an actual owner of a GM gas truck that said he had his warranty voided. I've seen posts that people read it somewhere on another forum or their buddy's buddy got voided because of a tune. Never have I seen a post warning people to not get a tune because "MY" (truck owner) warranty was voided by GM today because I had a tune.

18 hours ago, CamGTP said:

They have been around for several decades, and publish Dyno test charts for all the modules on all vehicles/brands/years.  The module in the last generation trucks w 5.3L V8 picked up 12HP at 5000 thru 6000 RPM.  I suspect this is about the same for our T1XX.  Here are the charts they publish, probably a few months and should see 2019-2020 tests.  https://jetchip.com/dyno-sheets/

People need to stop with this Magnusen act. A billion dollar car company will find a way to void your warranty. Chipping your truck weather a chip or tune will void your warranty. Period. If they really want to void it , it will happen. They wipe their ass with the magnusen act. 

Anytime you modify a car , you take that chance 

Edited by f8l vnm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2019 at 7:13 PM, BobbyAlton said:

JET Stage II, P/N# 21410S.  Realize everyone has their preference in tuning options, but for now this is a very easy "drop-in", that does have noticeable results, especially off the line.   The ECM on our trucks is just behind the front end, canvas wheel well cover on the driver side. 

JET2.jpg

Which engine and transmission do you have?

AFM or DFM? 6 or 8 speed?2019 or 2020?

On 8/24/2019 at 5:25 PM, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

Oh yes I know of the MM act. I'm willing to bet though that GM would cancel the warranty and drag their feet while investigating the claim. Until then you are stuck with paying for the repair or driving a rental till the decision is made and making payments on a truck you can't drive. Hence my statement that it would be a time consuming task for the consumer. Costly because you would have to hire a lawyer to make GM speed things up. As for tuning and such voiding the warranty. I've been on this forum for 9 years. Either I'm not reading the right posts or something. I've not once read a post from an actual owner of a GM gas truck that said he had his warranty voided. I've seen posts that people read it somewhere on another forum or their buddy's buddy got voided because of a tune. Never have I seen a post warning people to not get a tune because "MY" (truck owner) warranty was voided by GM today because I had a tune.

Can't read what isn't there. 

10 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

People need to stop with this Magnusen act. A billion dollar car company will find a way to void your warranty. Chipping your truck weather a chip or tune will void your warranty. Period. If they really want to void it , it will happen. They wipe their ass with the magnusen act. 

Anytime you modify a car , you take that chance 

People tend to be their own worse enemy. IF you got treated like that AND you buy a second one from them then you deserve everything you get. It's called an economic vote. Ford did this to me in 1977. Last Ford I ever bought. Did I make a dent? Not one they felt. Why? Because a million other people submit to this treatment and repeat the behavior like it is the only company in the world that makes trucks/cars/lightbulbs/chainsaws ……… The dent I made was the two dozen vehicles I bought from other companies. Takes more than one vote to turn a tide.  

I start at the point of sale. I buy nothing extra and I make it a point to tell them IF this turns out to be a piece of junk you wont stand behind...I won't be back...ever. I can't do anything about anyone else's pocketbook but I certainly have the say over mine. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TrailBossST said:

Do you have the Range + in your OBD? Does this also eliminate the V4 mode?

Sorry I'm not aware of what the Range+ is in the OBD.  I'll post an update after commuting this week on the MPG. I'll know real quick if V4 is off, but I do not think that this overrides that.