Auto Stop Feature not working

I disconnected my battery (positive terminal) last night for roughly a minute or so, then reconnected.  Today, start/stop did not work.  The manual states it will not function if the battery was disconnected / reconnected, so I assume this is the reason.  However it doesn't state when or how it will start working again.  Does anyone know? 

Those who reported this problem after recall and/or service work at their dealer probably had the battery disconnected too.

Note - It was a warm winter day for upstate NY (started out 18F, topped out at 50F), and I drove my truck at both extremes (30 min each way, 80% highway).  Start/Stop did not work at either temp.  When I arrived home after work, it was almost 24hrs since the battery was reconnected.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2019 at 8:53 AM, jessez24 said:

I know most people on here would see this as a blessing, but i am one of the few that actually likes the feature - i took in my RST over the weekend for its first oil change, and drove yesterday with the AC off for the first time since (live in PHX), i then noticed that the Auto Stop feature wasn't kicking in. DIdnt think much of it so this morning, another sub 95 degree morning i decided to roll with the windows down and no AC - and still the Auto Stop isn't working. Any ideas?

On 8/26/2019 at 9:34 AM, OHDenali said:

Looks like there are lots if reasons:

The climate control settings
require the engine to be running
to cool or heat the vehicle
interior.

The vehicle battery charge
is low.

The vehicle battery has recently
been disconnected.

Minimum vehicle speed has not
been reached since the last
Auto Stop.

The accelerator pedal is
pressed.

The engine or transmission is
not at the required operating
temperature.

The outside temperature is not
in the required operating range.

The vehicle is in any gear other
than D (Drive).

Tow/Haul Mode or other driver
modes have been selected.

The vehicle is on a steep hill or
grade.

The driver door has been
opened or the driver seat belt
has been unbuckled.

The hood has been opened.

The Auto Stop has reached the
maximum allowed time.

Along the same line as Tow/Haul Mode, do you have ANYTHING plugged into either the 7-Pin or the 4-Pin connectors?  If the truck thinks for any reason that you are towing, it will not utilize the Auto-Stop feature.  ALSO, make sure that your trailer brake control module, if equipped, is zeroed out. 

Last time GM tech said my battery was below 75% so they charged it up and has been working now for the past 400 miles. I am not sure if that is the permanent fix as this problem started at 500 miles and truck has been in the shop four separate times for this issue. Truck now has 16,000 miles and will see how long it works this time. I would charge the battery and see if that could be it.

2019 Sierra (8800 miles), auto stop feature not working either. It never worked until I took the truck in to have the 3 recalls taken care of a few weeks back, then auto stop worked for exactly 6 days, but now it doesn’t work again. They did replace my battery during the recall, so my guess is that the battery is not sufficiently charging, which could be an issue with the alternator or something I guess. 

Edited by ena1512

Auto stop is still working but now the engine light is coming on and volt meter jumps from 12 to 14 volts rapidly back and forth which did not do that prior to the engine light illuminating. Yes auto stop is still working even though the engine light is on and should not from what I understand. Dealer said it is some between the steering wheel and the electric brakes causing the light to come on. Dealer said it could be as simply as a brake light. Really getting concerned about this truck having electrical issues. Still love the ride and the 20 MPG it is getting. 

2 hours ago, jhuff said:

Auto stop is still working but now the engine light is coming on and volt meter jumps from 12 to 14 volts rapidly back and forth which did not do that prior to the engine light illuminating. Yes auto stop is still working even though the engine light is on and should not from what I understand. Dealer said it is some between the steering wheel and the electric brakes causing the light to come on. Dealer said it could be as simply as a brake light. Really getting concerned about this truck having electrical issues. Still love the ride and the 20 MPG it is getting. 

This is my concern as well. When we got back from vacation, my battery had completely drained, which I was able to jumpstart without issue. However, I had check engine, loss of all ECS and ABS, truck governed to 62 mph max, it was the most horrific 25 mile drive I have ever had, well, since the early 1980’s that is lol. Makes me wonder about the quality of these trucks, now built south of the boarder. Guessing the quality is suffering, but the profits for GM are not. Pretty scary. 

3 hours ago, jhuff said:

May I ask if you’ve swapped out incandescent to led for your backup light or license plate light?  

• 4 weeks later...

I’m having the same issue with my new 2020 LT TrailBoss Crew, Short. Auto-Stop was working perfectly since I brought it home 6 weeks ago...until this week (1,600 miles). Now the Auto-Stop will absolutely not work. I’ve made sure that:

-climate control off

-Exterior temp >50 degrees
-Normal Drive Mode

-Battery working completely fine

I have not altered the Vehicle in any way.

Took it back to dealer today, they force updated infotainment system to newest software, as of Feb. 2020 (MIH20A-00523) and installed brand new battery. This did NOT fix it. 
I was told that a scan found “an open circuit” and showed codes “B092A & B092.” 

Does anyone have any suggestions? Anyone know what these codes mean? 

Really disappointed to be dealing with electrical issues with a brand new, almost $60k, truck.

Thank you all! I love this forum!

E425027E-5BD7-4E11-843F-3822AA4FEFDB.jpeg

DA1552C7-279C-4AE2-8E18-5A50C4636D6B.jpeg

8 minutes ago, eha133 said:

I’m having the same issue with my new 2020 LT TrailBoss Crew, Short. Auto-Stop was working perfectly since I brought it home 6 weeks ago...until this week (1,600 miles). Now the Auto-Stop will absolutely not work. I’ve made sure that:

-climate control off

-Normal Drive Mode

Took it back to dealer today, they force updated infotainment system to newest software, as of Feb. 2020 (MIH20A-00523) and installed brand new battery. This did NOT fix it. 

Really disappointed to be dealing with electrical issues with a brand new, almost $60k, truck.

Whoops, not battery. This is all the info I have. 

https://www.gm-trucks.com/is-your-silverado-or-sierra-acting-weird-in-the-cold-features-not-working-heres-the-fix/

On 2/10/2020 at 6:57 PM, eha133 said:

-climate control off

-Normal Drive Mode

Same here with recalls and updates.

Still having intermittent troubles with mine. I have found when the Auto Stop quits, I unplug my dash camera for a few miles. Sounds crazy but it works after I plug it back in. Really concerned about the electronics on this truck.

I also have had the engine light come on recently and dealer stated the same “an open circuit” but unable to identify. Auto Stop was still working even though engine light was on.

The other day when I started the truck the brake pedal went to the floor and message on dash said “Critical Brake Failure” but soon went off. I will need to ask about that message.

I have read other threads and they state that aftermarket plugs that are plugged into the accessories ports will mess with the Auto Stop Feature.

19,000 Miles and still having issues. I really love the truck and will keep driving but once Manufacturer’s warranty nears the end I will purchase extended warranty my dealer offers.

Keep me updated on yours.