This is not Dear Abbey

Mountain boy

I guess the tune question bugs me a lot because I have owned a tuning program for a long time now. All the hype and product gloating that some of these companies use is annoying and people that don't know any better just suck it up. Having seen many calibrations from products that claim big gains, most are kinda hacked together and leave a lot to be desired.

I guess the tune question bugs me a lot because I have owned a tuning program for a long time now. All the hype and product gloating that some of these companies use is annoying and people that don't know any better just suck it up. Having seen many calibrations from products that claim big gains, most are kinda hacked together and leave a lot to be desired.

Hence the reason why some people ask about them, some do more and some do less than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dearest Mother, 

I have bought a 4.3L V6 and I want more power, what mods should I do? I can't seem to find any performance mods for this great little motor?

Dear Son,

DER: Should boughta V8!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dearest Mother, 

I have bought a 4.3L V6 and I want more power, what mods should I do? I can't seem to find any performance mods for this great little motor?

Dear Son,
DER: Should boughta V8!

We’ve actually had a 2000? 4.3 Chevy full size that I had my driver use more often than the v8’s cause it performed better than some of the v8’s in the yard. It may not have as much HP but it did have lots of spunk

2 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

We’ve actually had a 2000? 4.3 Chevy full size that I had my driver use more often than the v8’s cause it performed better than some of the v8’s in the yard. It may not have as much HP but it did have lots of spunk

No doubt they're good motors... The old 4.3's are pretty different than the new ECOtech's in the '14+ trucks.. Really they outperform a lot of the older v8's but, alas my point was just that I see guys wanting to spend $1000+ to mod their 4.3L when they couldn't spent like $800 on the build sheet and got a 5.3..

No doubt they're good motors... The old 4.3's are pretty different than the new ECOtech's in the '14+ trucks.. Really they outperform a lot of the older v8's but, alas my point was just that I see guys wanting to spend $1000+ to mod their 4.3L when they couldn't spent like $800 on the build sheet and got a 5.3..

I understand but, not everyone knows what you know, ya know [emoji6]. Late 80’s my twin turbo slant nose completely destroyed anything from ninja 1000 to hot rods and that was a 4cylinder. Next was my T Type Turbo Buick Regal, fastest production street car from a little 250 hp lol, just 250 hp. My wife’s new X5 with a dual turbo gets 0-60 in mid 4’s and that’s from a little V6 lol, it would run circles around my tuned 6.2. How about that GM Typhoon, I wonder if someone could run a turbo on one of these GM 1500 V6’s? Not that I’d be interested to buy but just thinking out loud.

11 hours ago, Mikebtte said:

Mom,

I need some guidance on this truck. I just traded in my other truck because it was making a noise and I assumed it was a lifter going to be bad (did an internet search). My new truck has a ton of negative equity but I read good stuff online and the sales person said the issue of the past have been resolved.

Also, I want to put a leveling kit on the truck, what kit should I use? Will it need an alignment? What is the max tire size I can run without rubbing?

Lastly, the new truck has water coming into the cab and makes a little ticking sound and I am thinking it should be covered by the dealer as its new to me. I did not buy  the warranty as it ran fine when I got it. 

Thanks mom

P.S. I just ordered a Cold air intake, Should add Gobbs of power.

"and the sales person said"

Groan.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I still think this is one of the most interesting and informative forums I've joined. I've been on a Tundra forum that's ok, if a bit boring, two Toyota forums and one Kia one with no one on them regularly and a Ford forum that's full of morons who don't see a problem with having a dozen recalls on a 3 year old design and refuse to share their experience when asked for it. The guys on GM full size are all assholes who apparently don't drive anything newer than a GMT-800 and also have never heard the terms GMT, K2 or T1. So yeah, this forum could be better but it also could be a lot worse. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

The guys on GM full size are all assholes who apparently don't drive anything newer than a GMT-800 and also have never heard the terms GMT, K2 or T1. So yeah, this forum could be better but it also could be a lot worse. 

I can agree, they have maybe 2-3 people that know something on GM full sized and they all worship them and think everyone else is wrong.

Even with all the repeat questions this is one of the more professional places to have a nice chat.

• Like 1

Dear Abbey,

I do enjoy your column. You deal with a diverse group of personalities all united with a common interest.   Every once in a while a person with malicious intent appears.  These individuals are usually characterized by a single digit post count.  The rest of the membership reflects a  typical group gathered together with a common interest.  Sometimes the negative and/or bully type prose is annoying but exemplifies the diversity of your readership!  I recently read a great saying that I thought your readers might enjoy,   "Seeing the bad in the world and people isn't difficult.  It's lazy" (Chip Gaines)  Sometimes it is difficult to deal with writers' questions in a positive manner,  especially if it was recently dealt with, but I truly find great pleasure in your supportive and positive responses!

Sincerely,

Donstar

• Like 3