2019-2020 Silverado / Sierra 1500 Cold Air Intake by Roto-fab

On 9/9/2019 at 5:40 PM, CamGTP said:

You can't calibrate/alter these computers so a different throttle body can't be used.

I think the intake design is cool and looks good but why wouldn't GM engineers just call you up if you somehow gained up to 2mpg that they couldn't?

This.  I call complete BS on the MPG/HP gain claims.  "Up to" leaves a lot of wiggle room to blame the user when it doesn't happen.

Coming from the flipping the air cleaner lid to open air cleaner later cowl induction to cold air on fuel injection engines. I realized one thing recently. No truck manufacturer is going to leave that much HP on the table. Especially when one of the first things in their ads are HP-TQ ratings. All they have to do is increase the snorkel and the fender opening if more air is needed. How are you going to increase fuel mileage if you’re engine can pull enough air to hit 5K RPMs and you’re cruising RPMs much lower. Yea I bought it for many years. Buy truck, change exhaust, check, cold air intake, check, foolish, check. Now if you want noise, different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Coming from the flipping the air cleaner lid to open air cleaner later cowl induction to cold air on fuel injection engines. I realized one thing recently. No truck manufacturer is going to leave that much HP on the table. Especially when one of the first things in their ads are HP-TQ ratings. All they have to do is increase the snorkel and the fender opening if more air is needed. How are you going to increase fuel mileage if you’re engine can pull enough air to hit 5K RPMs and you’re cruising RPMs much lower. Yea I bought it for many years. Buy truck, change exhaust, check, cold air intake, check, foolish, check. Now if you want noise, different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've said that about any "cai".  GM didn't spend all that money designing a 375hp (5.3) motor for example,  only to throw an intake system together that loses 20 hp and lowers mileage accordingly.

• Like 1

The Roto-fab CAI for the 6th gen Camaro received the same kind of skepticism, but after thousands of units sold and over a hundred independent dyno tests, it is now recognized worldwide to be the best CAI available for 6th gen Camaro. We expect the same to happen with the Silverado/Sierra. 

We are excited to announce that we plan to start shipping the 2019-2020 Silverado/Sierra 1500 Cold Air Intake systems on Monday 9/30/2019!! Retail price will be $499.95 for this system. For more information, visit www.roto-fab.com

1 hour ago, Roto-fab said:

We are excited to announce that we plan to start shipping the 2019-2020 Silverado/Sierra 1500 Cold Air Intake systems on Monday 9/30/2019!! Retail price will be $499.95 for this system. For more information, visit www.roto-fab.com

Tell me why your system is better at $499.95 than K&N at $435.99 that claims higher gains? 

17 hours ago, 570590 said:

Tell me why your system is better at $499.95 than K&N at $435.99 that claims higher gains? 

That’s a good question.  We haven’t tested our competitors’ intake system, so I will focus more on what we have learned during our testing and development of this intake system as well as others. First, here are some things to consider when comparing and/or evaluating dyno numbers:

1)      Dyno numbers vary

2)      “Back to back” testing without the vehicle thoroughly learning a new system is useless information

3)      Manufacturer’s claims along with results from as many sources as possible should be used to evaluate a system.

The first point will always be true because the large number of variables involved.

The second point is one most people don’t understand. Straight “back to back” testing of an intake either on a dyno or at the track is not an accurate way to test. The testing is not accurate until after the engine management system has “learned” the intake.

The third and most important point is a tough one since this particular vehicle is relatively new to the market. With the 2016+ Camaro SS as well as the ZL1, we don’t have the highest horsepower claims among aftermarket air intake manufacturers.  However, after time on the market and countless test results from many of the best tuners in the country and abroad, it’s very safe to say we have the best performing intake available for those applications. In fact, this same principle holds true with virtually every intake we offer. We don’t have the highest horsepower claims in any market. Nonetheless, when the systems have been on the market for a year or two and all the new hype settles, our intake systems are recognized by most as the top performing intake available for the application. We know how our new Silverado/Sierra 1500 intake performs and we fully expect the same conclusion to be drawn with this system.

Your question was in regards to horsepower gains. In addition to performance, our system is constructed using high quality components, sounds great, looks very clean under the hood and fits the truck as it should. We also offer great customer service and we are here if you want to talk to us-both before and after the sale.

Edited by Roto-fab

2 hours ago, Roto-fab said:

That’s a good question.  We haven’t tested our competitors’ intake system, so I will focus more on what we have learned during our testing and development of this intake system as well as others. First, here are some things to consider when comparing and/or evaluating dyno numbers:

1)      Dyno numbers vary

2)      “Back to back” testing without the vehicle thoroughly learning a new system is useless information

3)      Manufacturer’s claims along with results from as many sources as possible should be used to evaluate a system.

The first point will always be true because the large number of variables involved.

The second point is one most people don’t understand. Straight “back to back” testing of an intake either on a dyno or at the track is not an accurate way to test. The testing is not accurate until after the engine management system has “learned” the intake.

The third and most important point is a tough one since this particular vehicle is relatively new to the market. With the 2016+ Camaro SS as well as the ZL1, we don’t have the highest horsepower claims among aftermarket air intake manufacturers.  However, after time on the market and countless test results from many of the best tuners in the country and abroad, it’s very safe to say we have the best performing intake available for those applications. In fact, this same principle holds true with virtually every intake we offer. We don’t have the highest horsepower claims in any market. Nonetheless, when the systems have been on the market for a year or two and all the new hype settles, our intake systems are recognized by most as the top performing intake available for the application. We know how our new Silverado/Sierra 1500 intake performs and we fully expect the same conclusion to be drawn with this system.

Your question was in regards to horsepower gains. In addition to performance, our system is constructed using high quality components, sounds great, looks very clean under the hood and fits the truck as it should. We also offer great customer service and we are here if you want to talk to us-both before and after the sale.

If you would be kind enough to send me one I will provide detailed daily feedback on it is performing!!!!!!!!!   

I will be providing feedback as my order goes in on Monday [emoji16]. I have their system in my Camaro. City driving I didn’t really see any real change in gas mileage (don’t care). Highway comparing two long trips (1 being the same route Indy to Bowling Green), with the roto-fab I seen a 1 mpg gain (23 to 24 mpg).

Can’t wait to get mine [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for your interest in this CAI system! The order link is live at www.roto-fab.com and at Roto-fab Authorized Retailers! 

Order Link:

https://www.roto-fab.com/products/make/gmc

The link includes Silverado & Sierra 1500 - 5.3L & 6.2L. CAI systems are scheduled to start shipping on 9/30/19.

Edited by Roto-fab
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...