In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I have a 2005 Silverado with the Bose system in it with no XM radio. I am trying to wire in an AUX cable to the radio without having to use a FM bypass module. Is there anywhere I could splice into to wire the input in? Every video I have watched on it so far shows splicing into the XM transmitter. I am trying to make it look as factory as possible on the console so I do not want to just replace the head unit. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank y'all.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By BWINFMD
      2007 Yukon XL
      AUX Button randomly turns itself on and off with no human interaction.  
      Severe Battery drain is occurring when the "AUX" button is "on".   
      Alternator/Serpentine/AC Belts have been replaced and the symptom seemed to subside for a week or so, but has now returned with a vengeance. 
      Day driving isn't so threatened, but night driving has become unsafe, headlights are constantly is some mild flux of dim strobing.
      Any clue to why the electrical in this Yukon has begun to behave like Christine?
    • By Jon DeLoach
      here are some picture and videos of how i installed my upfitter aux switches to my 2017 silverado Texas edition truck which DID NOT com with them nor does it have the relays fuses or switch wires in the harness.

keep in mind the switches are GROUND or NEGATIVE switching. which means they DO NOT HAVE 12v ON THEM. DO NOT PUT 12V ON THE WIRES YOUR ABOUT TO INSTALL.
      i had to get a new connector from a crashed truck in a junk yard which i then pulled 4 of the pins and wires out of to install into my trucks harness plug for the upfitter switch.
      once i did that it was just a simple act of making a short extension wire from those 4 wires coming from the harness plug to go to the driver kick panel where im going to locate the relays for the devises i want to control.
      you will see the harness plug and wires where i put them. and you will see the JST plug i used to connect the 4 wires to the extension wire to run to my relays. will also upload videos soon.

• By ETHAN5438
      I could use some helpful info on adding a aux into my 2003 1500 Silverado LS 

thank you,
      Ethan
    • By Brandonreese
      2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 duramax 
      The two power outlets on the dash and the one under the console have no power I have checked the fuses and wires and they are good I don’t know what it could be any help would be great thanks 
    • By bmartinez33
      I recently purchased a used 2009 Saturn Aura and a couple days ago I noticed that my music wasn't playing through the aux cord when I connected it to my radio. I thought it was the cord so I bought a new, higher quality aux cord and tried it with that one but with no luck. I can't figure out what it is because when I plug the aux cord into the aux input, my radio (which is the standard factory GM radio that came with the car originally) recognizes that I plugged an aux cord in and switches to the aux source from the satellite radio but no sound will come out when I play music, just mild occasional static. I've looked everywhere online and can't find any forum with a similar problem. Can anyone give me any pointers as to what it could be?