5.3/10 speed

15BlackAT

11 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

I think it is safe to say nobody on here has driven the 5.3 with 10 speed.

Then you would be wrong...  Go back to the first page of this thread and read the 5th post...

Edited by steveved
comment in wrong place

11 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

Have had the 6.2 in all transmissions. From my 2014 Sierra to with 6 speed -, then 2016 6.2 8 speed Denali and now my 19 Denali 6.2. The 10 speed is flawless. Is butter smooth and does actually make the truck quicker. Gas I would also say is 5-10% better. Now does it have a slight whine ? Yes. When reversing it also a slight whine. Gm says it’s normal. Other then that the 10 speed is badass. My only gripe is gearing and not giving us more options.  But I have zero complains about shifts or shutters etc. 

Sometimes it sounds a little like a Muncie Rock Crusher!!!  ? But its inconsistent and not always detectable. 

Edited by Minnvmax

I think what it comes down to is this. If you have an A8 without any issues you probably like it and like it more then what you were previously driving. If you have driven an A10 and have an A8 , you wish you had the A10. The difference isn’t about the two extra OD gears, its the entire trans, how it is built and programmed. I think it it is great they are offering it with the 5.3 now on higher trims but I would still pair it with a 6.2 for how little the step up is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if im just imaging things but it has been better ever since i installed the GM cold air and went in for the ECM flash. It has been smooth as butter for my 8 speed. Before CAI, would have initial 1-2 surge in the morning and didnt like being feathered, but nothing i was ever concerned about

Edited by Memphis87

On 9/25/2019 at 10:06 AM, laqualo said:

5.3 8 speed here and drives perfectly .lots of Unicorns in the Chevy world . 

It’s confirmation bias. They sell almost 1M GM trucks a year, 99.9% of them probably work just fine. But if 20 people come on this forum with issues, it makes it seem like EVERY one of them has issues when that is not really the case.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mandalorian said:

It’s confirmation bias. They sell almost 1M GM trucks a year, 99.9% of them probably work just fine. But if 20 people come on this forum with issues, it makes it seem like EVERY one of them has issues when that is not really the case.

that being said . Yesterday put her into reverse leaving work then when i shifted to drive heard a major clunck ....lol  FML   Maybe shes just "breaking" in 

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2019 at 11:15 PM, f8l vnm said:

Have had the 6.2 in all transmissions. From my 2014 Sierra to with 6 speed -, then 2016 6.2 8 speed Denali and now my 19 Denali 6.2. The 10 speed is flawless. Is butter smooth and does actually make the truck quicker. Gas I would also say is 5-10% better. Now does it have a slight whine ? Yes. When reversing it also a slight whine. Gm says it’s normal. Other then that the 10 speed is badass. My only gripe is gearing and not giving us more options.  But I have zero complains about shifts or shutters etc. 

Everything i have seen the 6 speed was faster than the 8 speed and the 8 speed is faster than the 10 speed behind the 6.2. I was surprised when i read that, i thought for sure the 10 speed would be the quickest.